I felt like making this thread so there was a place to talk about general thoughts you have that may not pertain to a certain team.One thing I've been thinking about is Atlanta. Is it crazy for me to believe this team may actually have a decent chance at making that 8 seed in the East? I mean they got Joe Johnson, who is an all-star and Josh Smith who could be a potential all-star. Marvin Williams had a productive season last year, and I see no reason why he shouldn't improve again this year. If they can get some solid play out of the PG spot (I know it's a big if) I see no reason why they can't make the playoffs. Thoughts?

I'm surprised with the play of Atlanta. But we all remember how they started last year and how fast they came to earth. They'll be a good team this year but not the team Hollinger predicted they'd be.The Hornets are going to be the surprise team of the year in my opinion. They're in the hardest division in basketball but they might beat out the clippers or the Lakers for the 8 seed if Kobe goes. Charlotte is looking good too. I'm so excited about basketball this year. There's not too many easy win games anymore.

Pregame rituals don't only have to be for the players. Emmy Award-winner Ahmad Rashad gets fans ready for tip off of NBA TV's regularly-scheduled Tuesday night lineup as host of his NBA TV pregame show, Tuesday Night with Ahmad. Featuring live guests, including NBA stars and celebrities, as well as in-depth stories and profiles, the show broadcasts regularly from NBA TV's studios in Secaucus, N.J. Last year, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Dwyane Wade, Gilbert Arenas and Tracy McGrady, as well as Academy Award-nominee Bill Murray were among the guests to appear with Rashad.

Pregame rituals don't only have to be for the players. Emmy Award-winner Ahmad Rashad gets fans ready for tip off of NBA TV's regularly-scheduled Tuesday night lineup as host of his NBA TV pregame show, Tuesday Night with Ahmad. Featuring live guests, including NBA stars and celebrities, as well as in-depth stories and profiles, the show broadcasts regularly from NBA TV's studios in Secaucus, N.J. Last year, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Dwyane Wade, Gilbert Arenas and Tracy McGrady, as well as Academy Award-nominee Bill Murray were among the guests to appear with Rashad.
Spam?

How about Bill Simmons idea of the Lakers giving up Kwame, Bynum, and Change for Shaq to re-unite the 2 lovebirds in LA and make basketball relevant in Southern California again?As a fan of the NBA, I'd love to see it.

How about Bill Simmons idea of the Lakers giving up Kwame, Bynum, and Change for Shaq to re-unite the 2 lovebirds in LA and make basketball relevant in Southern California again?As a fan of the NBA, I'd love to see it.
I'd laugh my ass off and take that deal if I was managing the Heat. Shaq is so broke down now it is not even funny, at best he is the 3rd wheel in a championship team now, not 1st or 2nd.
This is the most ridiculous thing Simmons has ever wrote. The Lakers wouldn't trade a thing on their roster for Shaq.

The whole Stephon Maurbury thing has been completly fascinating to follow, I can't ever remember someone threatening to blackmail their coach over being a starter. Anyway... funny SI article about where he might go if the Knicks cut ties with him.My favorite part...

San Antonio: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... yeah, right.
I felt like making this thread so there was a place to talk about general thoughts you have that may not pertain to a certain team.One thing I've been thinking about is Atlanta. Is it crazy for me to believe this team may actually have a decent chance at making that 8 seed in the East? I mean they got Joe Johnson, who is an all-star and Josh Smith who could be a potential all-star. Marvin Williams had a productive season last year, and I see no reason why he shouldn't improve again this year. If they can get some solid play out of the PG spot (I know it's a big if) I see no reason why they can't make the playoffs. Thoughts?
I played against Marvin Williams my senior year of high school(he was a sophomore) he dropped 42 points on us and had 6 dunks. I knew he was going to be a stud.
  • 2 weeks later...
No other good thread for this, the Allen jumper to win that game for the Celtics was money.
yeah i was sad to see him leave the northwest but at least in boston he has a chance of winnning

Dwight Howard is a beast. Both in performance and physique. He looks like Shaq before Shaq realized he only needed 1/3 the effort to still be unstoppable.Also Dwight's a really nice guy. Just like Kevin Garnett. You're glad to see them do well.

Dwight Howard is a beast. Both in performance and physique. He looks like Shaq before Shaq realized he only needed 1/3 the effort to still be unstoppable.Also Dwight's a really nice guy. Just like Kevin Garnett. You're glad to see them do well.
Dwight Howard is going off right now. I'm pretty sure I've only seen him dunk, but whatever works. He's improved his free throw shooting I hear, so basically, he's unstoppable.