Jut looking for input on this hand. no read on villian. any input would be appreciated.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 ($32.10)Hero ($60)CO ($17.60)Button ($48.90)SB ($51.55)BB ($51.65)UTG ($41.70)UTG+1 ($50.80)MP1 ($93.35)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Qdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif. 4 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, Button raises to $5.5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $11, Button calls $5.50.Flop: ($22.75) 2spade.gif, Qspade.gif, 8club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $7, Button calls $7.Turn: ($36.75) Kspade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $10, Button folds.Final Pot: $36.75

Either 3bet properly or not at all, the minraise is bad, especially if you are folding to a push. As AimHigher said, bet more on the flop. What kind of bet is that?

I 3 bet in order to try to narrow down his possible hands. I figured KK or AA would shove, and I could get out at that point. I should have raised more, I realize. On the flop, i tried to bet low to induce a raise. I guess one of my weaknesses is im scared to chase people out when i hit a flop hard...

not a bad spot to c/r. You're heads up and that is about the best flop you could ask for with QQ. Bet that flop and 90% of the time, villain is just going to fold. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that guy could had that would flat call a bet on the flop then fold the turn when spades come? I'm thinking something like 99 or TT....

not a bad spot to c/r. You're heads up and that is about the best flop you could ask for with QQ. Bet that flop and 90% of the time, villain is just going to fold. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that guy could had that would flat call a bet on the flop then fold the turn when spades come? I'm thinking something like 99 or TT....
I agree. I think the villain had either TT or JJ here with the slighest possibility of a horrible float with AK.
I agree. I think the villain had either TT or JJ here with the slighest possibility of a horrible float with AK.
I agree a check raise doesn't seem bad, kings and aces are betting this flop all day long. Villain's reraise range is obviously a little wider than kings and aces though, but we didn't know that on the flop.
This is a flop float with AK here like 80% of the time easily. People are just retarded with Ace King anymore.Oh, and you priced him in to draw at a flush on the flop, which is a no-no. Bet more on every street, and if he's loose, make a real preflop reraise.

Against certain villian's his range is so wide to reraise from the button. You yourself are raising from fairly late position so he is very easily making this play with AQ+, 99+. Possible even suited connectors or smaller pairs if he knew you had a tight range to call reraises. On top of that maybe he has a read on you, if you've been raising often from late position he could be adjusting and reraising lighter. His raise is also fairly weak, less than 3x your bet. Make it $10-15 on top of his raise and probably just get it in with no reads.Also trying to check raise after 4 betting preflop is so bad. Red flags and flashing lights go off when you 4 bet me preflop and check the flop, your either on AK or top set, as AA or KK would bet to get value / protect their hand. Which means, I'm playing the hand very cautiously from there on out. Granted I'm almost never going to not get it in preflop after it was 4 bet, unless of course I was raising with two 9's in position and you min 4 bet. Your preflop raise is so small villian is calling with a ton of hands that aren't betting the flop when we check.

Red flags and flashing lights go off when you 4 bet me preflop and check the flop, your either on AK or top set, as AA or KK would bet to get value / protect their hand. Which means, I'm playing the hand very cautiously from there on out.
This is a very good point that didn't cross my mind. Any time there is any significant reraising PF and then they don't take the lead when an A/K/Q flops I am very suspicious. Leading out here is definitely less obvious than a check raise.
Also trying to check raise after 4 betting preflop is so bad. Red flags and flashing lights go off when you 4 bet me preflop and check the flop, your either on AK or top set, as AA or KK would bet to get value / protect their hand. Which means, I'm playing the hand very cautiously from there on out. Granted I'm almost never going to not get it in preflop after it was 4 bet, unless of course I was raising with two 9's in position and you min 4 bet. Your preflop raise is so small villian is calling with a ton of hands that aren't betting the flop when we check.
i can't believe nobody addressed that sooner...