Poker Is Luck (biggest Rant Ever)

In the end poker is luck. Luck that when you dealt good hands, you'll be lucky and someone will have a hand good but not as good as yours. Just in the end, it all comes down to lucky situations.AND I CAN'T ****ING GET INTO ONE.What brings me to this conclusion? Making 800$ from 20 and then watching it all disappear. Pokertracker says my play didn't change. I just didn't get those lucky situations, I got the unlucky ones.I read every ****ing poker book, every ****ing online tutorial, pour over my ****ing stats and redeposit and holy shit, jack **** has changed. I'm just ****ing cursed to ridiculous shit. Best one today is 2 tables left at $4 180, I have QQ, go all in and lose to 77 turning trips. OFCOURSE. Because the luck of poker said 'No, I'd rather **** YOU UP THE ASS'.MY STATS ARE UP DOWN UP DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN. BECAUSE LUCK DICTATES THIS SHIT.****s sake Jesus, what the hell do I have to get a break?

Best one today is 2 tables left at $4 180, I have QQ, go all in and lose to 77 turning trips. OFCOURSE. Because the luck of poker said 'No, I'd rather **** YOU UP THE ASS'.
You're right. Luck is an important part of the game. You can do everything correctly and still lose. It happens to us all. Believe me my friends constantly make fun of me because I complain at my 'rotten luck'. I don't know everything surrounding your last hand but a few things. 1) It's a $4 buy-in. At that level, most players aren't that good. There is a good chance that the person who called wasn't even thinking about what you had. 'I have a made hand 77, I'm calling.' 2) What if instead of pushing all in pre-flop you made a sizeable raise. Even if he called, and then if you pushed all in after the flop and he called- FANTASTIC you're an 92-8 favorite. Remember a preflop all-in is very dangerous. If someone calls, it means that they are going to see all 5 cards. If you're that upset, take a month off or play other games. Change your frame of mind.Best of luck, (seriously)Joe
30,000 hands is variance?I want to believe it's skill where I lack but god ****ing damn, I do what the books and what the tutorials say...
took you 30k hands to bring $20 to $800 playing well??maybe you werent playing very well in the first place
took you 30k hands to bring $20 to $800 playing well??maybe you werent playing very well in the first place
That didn't take me 30k hands that took me 4k at absolute most (tbh I don't remember but i know it took 3 months). My win rate was 7+ BB.
oh yeah, and lol about the whole 'biggest rant ever'
And I meant in furiosity of it, not size!
That didn't take me 30k hands that took me 4k at absolute most (tbh I don't remember but i know it took 3 months). My win rate was 7+ BB.And I meant in furiosity of it, not size!
4k hands at most and it took 3 months? So you are getting in like 1.3k hands a month? Most people more than that in a day. I've only done 20k this month and I've taken over 2 weeks off.
4k hands at most and it took 3 months? So you are getting in like 1.3k hands a month? Most people more than that in a day. I've only done 20k this month and I've taken over 2 weeks off.
Pokertracker says it was 2 months and 10 days, 25k hands. (I think :/)Edit: 40K hands. God damn PT.