Well, September was my first down month since i started playing online poker (i think). I don't know if it is just variance or what but i really don't feel like im playing my A game like i was back in the summertime. Does anyone have any pointers that could help me refocus and hopefully start making moola again? what do you do after a long losing streak? Any idea would be appreciated !
You say you don't feel like you are playing your A game -- do you have any insight into what you are doing differently or do you just feel like that because the results are bad? Oh, and stop playing against me, that'll help. :club:
I find that its good to take 4 or 5 days off, then come back and have someone better than you watch you play for a bit. Assuming you play well that session, it will boost your confidence back and then off you go to winning again.Mark
What if there is no such person?
Try switching games for a couple of days. Instead of tournies, play sng's. Instead of sng's, play cash. Instead of HE, play PLO. Etc, etc, etc. I've found switching to omaha really helps get my focus back for holdem. Works for me anyway.Mark
Also, I don't mean to be a dick or anything but I don't really think this is a good idea. If your end goal is long term success in MTTs, switching games will definitely have an adverse affect on your progress. I've always kinda thought that online, the best way to really become successful is to dedicate yourself to one form/game and stick with it and master it. I think it's a good idea to branch out later in your development when you have a primary game that you are very strong at, but probably not before. I would infinitely prefer to be hella strong in NLHE and then try to branch out later than just be ok/decent/good at multiple different forms. Maybe that's just me though.
Also, I don't mean to be a dick or anything but I don't really think this is a good idea. If your end goal is long term success in MTTs, switching games will definitely have an adverse affect on your progress. I've always kinda thought that online, the best way to really become successful is to dedicate yourself to one form/game and stick with it and master it. I think it's a good idea to branch out later in your development when you have a primary game that you are very strong at, but probably not before. I would infinitely prefer to be hella strong in NLHE and then try to branch out later than just be ok/decent/good at multiple different forms. Maybe that's just me though.
I agree. I didn't mean to suddenly give up on NLHE MTT's and try and become a PLO cash game expert. My advice is really along the same lines as "take a few days off" except you still get your poker fix and you're still thinking poker. Play a different game for a day or two just to get a different perspective. Then come back to your bread and butter. Also, I know you don't mean to be a dick. You just can't help it. :club:

ironic that the night i make a thread about my slump i make a FT. only a 11$ holdem tourneyon FTP but i've been playing well which makes me :club: . 5 people are left id fitzinabox

jus ttook it down for 465
Congrats man.In order to help your focus here is all you need:thecocaine.jpgIf it worked for Stu, it can work for you.Mark
Congrats man.In order to help your focus here is all you need:thecocaine.jpgIf it worked for Stu, it can work for you.
zomgwell i just won a double shootout for sunday mil seat, =) guess the slump is over wee thx guys dont think i could of done it wihtout your help
zomgwell i just won a double shootout for sunday mil seat, =) guess the slump is over wee thx guys dont think i could of done it wihtout your help
That is awesome. Parlay that into a nice 6 digit (before decimals) payday then you can buy lots of rocks and nugz. Or purchase a nice glass piece for the weed. Maybe a 5 foot bong?I don't like cocaine anyway. I just like the way it smells.
Drama Queen.
Try switching games for a couple of days. Instead of tournies, play sng's. Instead of sng's, play cash. Instead of HE, play PLO. Etc, etc, etc. I've found switching to omaha really helps get my focus back for holdem. Works for me anyway.Mark
Yes.
Well, September was my first down month since i started playing online poker (i think). I don't know if it is just variance or what but i really don't feel like im playing my A game like i was back in the summertime. Does anyone have any pointers that could help me refocus and hopefully start making moola again? what do you do after a long losing streak? Any idea would be appreciated !
Take a break.And don't let getting slowrolled in Ganktober tilt you.EDIT: Like this - http://www.pocketfives.com/0EAA186D-32A7-4...AB722C0EE6.aspx
One would think he would be the favorite.
Ya, I mean I know you are cool with Gank and stuff and I have nothing against him but I'm pretty sure Sowers is ++++++++++++++ev in this bet. It is tourneys though, so anything can happen.
Ya, I mean I know you are cool with Gank and stuff and I have nothing against him but I'm pretty sure Sowers is ++++++++++++++ev in this bet. It is tourneys though, so anything can happen.
Gank would be the first person to tell you that NLHE is not his best game, but like you said it's MTTs so you never know. I'd have probably made the same bet as you though, if I was so inclined.
Take a break.And don't let getting slowrolled in Ganktober tilt you.EDIT: Like this - http://www.pocketfives.com/0EAA186D-32A7-4...AB722C0EE6.aspx
ya that sucked, and ganktober is probably the dumbest thing ive ever heard. that guy must be a major fkin clown.slowrolling is not fun or funny...