no reads....Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Bet The Pot)saw flop|saw showdownSB ($34.80)BB ($27.70)Hero ($24.75)MP ($26.35)Button ($23.25)Preflop: Hero is UTG with [Ad], [As]. Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, Button calls $0.85, 1 fold, BB calls $0.60.Flop: ($2.65) [Qd], [3h], [Jd] (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, Button folds, BB calls $2.Turn: ($6.65) [Jh] (2 players)BB checks,Hero bets $4.5, BB raises to 10

no reads....Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Bet The Pot)saw flop|saw showdownSB ($34.80)BB ($27.70)Hero ($24.75)MP ($26.35)Button ($23.25)Preflop: Hero is UTG with [Ad], [As]. Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, Button calls $0.85, 1 fold, BB calls $0.60.Flop: ($2.65) [Qd], [3h], [Jd] (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, Button folds, BB calls $2.Turn: ($6.65) [Jh] (2 players)BB checks,Hero bets $4.5, BB raises to 10
meh without reads I think you have to dump it. I hate folding aces but you are going to be shown a J a LOT of the time here.
Bah ... stupid luckboxes. ... Fold.
Bet more on flop, don't we want to be chasing the flush draw out? And if another high card hits you want to make them pay for hitting the straight....right?As it stands, fold.
are you suggesting hero overbet the pot? exactly how is that going to serve as a benefit vs what he actually did?
are you suggesting hero overbet the pot? exactly how is that going to serve as a benefit vs what he actually did?
2.5:1 odds +implied= More than enough reason to call that bet with either a straight, or a flush draw. We bet more, he doesn't have the odds to continue to play the hand, which makes it the right play over the long run.
2.5:1 odds +implied= More than enough reason to call that bet with either a straight, or a flush draw. We bet more, he doesn't have the odds to continue to play the hand, which makes it the right play over the long run.
Flush draw is 4.2:1 to hit on the turn, if we plan on betting the turn isn't offering 2.5:1 fine?

Has anyone read Professional NL? Interesting to look at this hand in light of what that book teaches. The book talks alot about how it's difficult to play top pair/overpair hands with 100BB effective stacks. The recommendation is to make bigger raises PF assuming your opponents will still call. Here's they'd suggest 1.50 pf if it'll be called. Maybe 1.25. The idea being to build a bigger PF pot so that it's more correct to get it in against villain's range.At any rate if you did 1.25 PF and got the same 2 callers, you'd bet 3.50 on the flop and if the rest of the action went down the same it'd still be a fold on the turn. Just thought it was interesting since this is the kind of hand the book spends a lot of time on.

Has anyone read Professional NL? Interesting to look at this hand in light of what that book teaches. The book talks alot about how it's difficult to play top pair/overpair hands with 100BB effective stacks. The recommendation is to make bigger raises PF assuming your opponents will still call. Here's they'd suggest 1.50 pf if it'll be called. Maybe 1.25. The idea being to build a bigger PF pot so that it's more correct to get it in against villain's range.At any rate if you did 1.25 PF and got the same 2 callers, you'd bet 3.50 on the flop and if the rest of the action went down the same it'd still be a fold on the turn. Just thought it was interesting since this is the kind of hand the book spends a lot of time on.
i definitely understand this concept but i just don't think its practical in most games. you have to find the happy balance between getting value for your hand and building a pot. in the games that i play in (full tilt 25nl 6 max is super weak-tight) 1.50 simply won't get called often enough for that to be profitable. i found that at this level when i started sizing down my raises a little bit my opponents opened up their calling ranges. this did a few things. first it allowed me to get more value since they were calling with worse hands more often. second, it forces them to play more post flop which is where you can exploit your edge the most in these games. i am more interested in my weak opponents taking a flop and making their mistakes there since they will make many and that is where the most money is. i feel that on average i play better than my opponents post flop at 25nl and i have played enough hands to know how to handle tougher spots.it all depends on game flow imo. my preflop raises will vary based on this. for example, when i was in vegas my preflop raises were in the range of 7x-10x at 1/2nl because people were willing to call with very weak holdings even for this price preflop. i own probably 90 percent of 2+2 books out there and will continue to buy them, so its not that i disagree i just think you need to be in the right game for this to happen. i feel like a lot of times they explain a concept by assuming certain game attributes, etc. (as you stated in your post i.e. assuming your opponents will still call). deciding if those attributes apply is up to the player.
he still doesn't have the pot odds to play. he really doesn't have much in terms of implied odds here imo. he needs to expect that i will pay off a pretty good sized river bet to make this the right call. i am more interested in finding a turn bet size that suceeds in denying good 8 out draws from having the right price while still getting some value from hands such as a pair of queens that might fold for a PSB but call for 2/3 or whatever else.