100+9 On Stars

Button is playing really oddly. At the previous blind level (15/30) he pushed a 3k stack all in (from the button) preflop after one limper. He has pushed allin as a reraise once also at that level. Have also seen him limp hands like K7s from first two positions and then call a raise preflop with it. He's kinda all over the shop, have checked his OPR and he has a + ROI but most of it was from one tourny and he goes really long periods without cashing.UTG is playing very ABC poker. By his actions I'm almost certain he has a small pair.I've been tight and up until now have only been to showdown once where I won the pot with Aces up.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button (t2880)SB (t1750)Hero (t4205)UTG (t2302)UTG+1 (t2635)MP1 (t3160)MP2 (t2230)MP3 (t3173)CO (t4665)Preflop: Hero is BB with T :D , T :club: . UTG calls t50, 5 folds, Button calls t50, SB completes, Hero raises to t250, UTG calls t200, Button raises to t2880, SB folds, Hero ???I'm really struggling to define his range here. I'd normally just muck tens in an instant to a reraise all in preflop this deep but what can he have? Surely he doesn't do this with a premium pocket pair? I mean I can understand limping from early pos. then reraising with a monster but can he do this from the button? I know I have the utg to act after me and thats a concern but based on his previous play I believe he is raising any premium hand. I'm leaning towards this being a hand like 77 88 that wants to punish my raise and put me to a decision for a large chunk of my stack.Anyone call here or should I just go with my default mode and fold?Thanks.

based on your read i think you have to shove!! Its one of the most important things to trust your read. If he draws out on you with AJ or something like that well, thats part of the game. But based on what you told about him, you have to call here.

Eh, you're really really deep and you can probably find a better spot than this to take this guy's chips. Also, this is a play that I saw David Sklansky talk about doing w/ AA or KK. Limp behind and hope somebody puts in a raise behind you.

Eh, you're really really deep and you can probably find a better spot than this to take this guy's chips. Also, this is a play that I saw David Sklansky talk about doing w/ AA or KK. Limp behind and hope somebody puts in a raise behind you.
:club: I don't think I could bring myself to limp behind with AA or KK at a play money table.
:club: I don't think I could bring myself to limp behind with AA or KK at a play money table.
Most players can't so I think that makes this a call. I've seen this play a lot (albeit at lower stakes) and it was only a big pair once (Some guy did it to me with QQ and I called with AK). Folding isn't bad either if you have a bad feeling about the hand.

When I really dont understand something my default position (barring stack issues of course) is to fold. You have position on BB for most hands and should be able to trap him with a much better hand eventually. At this level he may have decided that a raise in position with AA/KK is going to get him nothing more than blinds+limp, and that an aggressive blind will attempt a squeeze for him to repop. Or he could be reading you as a squeeze and attempting a resteal. I dont like guessing for this many chips when Im not forced to.

When I really dont understand something my default position (barring stack issues of course) is to fold. You have position on BB for most hands and should be able to trap him with a much better hand eventually. At this level he may have decided that a raise in position with AA/KK is going to get him nothing more than blinds+limp, and that an aggressive blind will attempt a squeeze for him to repop. Or he could be reading you as a squeeze and attempting a resteal. I dont like guessing for this many chips when Im not forced to.
Excellent point. I don't see villain making this play with a pair worse than tens, or an ace worse than AJ, or a K worse than KQ. I don't necessarily instantly believe we are behind, but I don't see us doing much better than flipping a coin at all, for 2/3 of your stack when you can release for 5% loss. Rarely do you put your money in the middle PF with Tens and get stoked over what your opponent flips up.

i would snap call here. this guys is gonna give his chips away to someone else very soon if you fold. you are crushing his range, as all pairs down to 22 are def included, not to mention A9-A2, K9-K2. also, i would expect him to show up with AA-JJ exactly never.

I ended up deciding that at worst I was racing and I was getting a good price on the right side of a coinflip so I called. UTG folded as expected and button flipped over AQ off.Thanks for the thoughts guys.