Top Pair & Flush Draw $0.10/0.25

Party Poker: 10 players, No Limit Holdem, $0.10/0.25 BlindsHero is playing normal aggressive game however I haven't had to show too many hands down so probably has LAG image. No reads on villian as multi-tabling and he has no been playing long.Hero is MP with $31.05Villian is late position with $ 24.88Hero is dealt:A :club: Q :D Folds to Hero, Hero raises to $0.85, Villian calls $0.85, blinds fold.Pot: $2.05Flop: A :D 7 :D 2 :D Hero bets $1.40, Villian raises to 2.80, hero ?My gut instinct is to raise to about $8-10 & call a push......

well, seeing as how he cant hit any overcards to beat you i would try to hit my flush before committing any chips and I would try to keep the bets small because it is very likely he has AK here. What hands could he have...a flush draw of his own? Not likely. An ace with a smaller kicker, probably. But there is a good chance he is AK depending on how you have seen him play before. But its just impossible to get away from this hand. I would just call his raise and then check it to him and see what he does. This is where you will gain a lot of information if he makes a bet of 2/3 the size of the pot then you have to worry about a better hand. I let him force the action or bet 2/3 the size of the pot myself and hope the flush hits, but I still think you have him beat here unless he played with A7 or AK, if that is the case you got unlucky.

well, seeing as how he cant hit any overcards to beat you i would try to hit my flush before committing any chips and I would try to keep the bets small because it is very likely he has AK here. What hands could he have...a flush draw of his own? Not likely. An ace with a smaller kicker, probably. But there is a good chance he is AK depending on how you have seen him play before. But its just impossible to get away from this hand. I would just call his raise and then check it to him and see what he does. This is where you will gain a lot of information if he makes a bet of 2/3 the size of the pot then you have to worry about a better hand. I let him force the action or bet 2/3 the size of the pot myself and hope the flush hits, but I still think you have him beat here unless he played with A7 or something, if that is the case you got unlucky.
I think you're losing a lot of value here when you hit your flush, you're agaist AJ or AT, and even if we're behind, we're basically 50/50 against AK, A7, or A2, and only 35/65 roughly against a set. We're free rolling against AQ, and crushing other Ax. I want to get as much money as possible committed here.

Standard push. He could be on a draw and take a free card if you smooth call and check the turn. Reasons for raising: you fold AK some times and you charge a draw (Fold a better hand/charge a draw that doesn't pay on 5 th street), you get worse aces to call you sometimes (Get a worse hand to call)Reason for calling: you allow worse hands to continue to hang themselves.Being at a positional disadvantage I 3-bet mostly because I 3-bet with sets and naked flush draws here. In position, i may be tempted to call and see if he keeps firing since I'll never let it go check check.

exactly my point...if he has a weaker ace and you just call him, you dont give him any information...he could then put you on a flush draw without the ace and go all in with his weaker ace and you can pop him. If you go all in on the flop after he raises you, the only hand he is going to call with really is one that beats you and you are flipping a coin for all your chips.you have to get him to make a mistake here because you have the best hand, and if you dont you have the re-draws. If you simply smooth call his raise and the flush misses which most likely it will he is going to push hard and then you can decide if he has the AK or not. Why not take the chance at gaining more information and getting paid off because the only draws to really be afraid is the one you have. Listen, if i have a weaker ace and i get re-raised hard from the pre-flop aggressor I know i am beat and i get out only losing 2.80 instead of my entire stack. If i have the weaker ace and i just get smooth called on the flop im going to want to make a bet with my AJ or worse to get rid of the draws...then you have his money. If he has AK or hits two pair hes going to call your re-raise all in on the flop, or he is going to push himself. If this is the case I see there being all in action on either the turn or the river anyways, so why not wait to make sure you hit your flush or get more information that your AQ is good rather than forcing him to fold on the flop, or having him call you with a better hand giving you only some draws to beat him. Going all in on the flop either has you drawing for your flush or two pair to beat his AK or A7, A2 or he folds and you only get 2.80 out of him with a monster hand.

exactly my point...if he has a weaker ace and you just call him, you dont give him any information...he could then put you on a flush draw without the ace and go all in with his weaker ace and you can pop him. If you go all in on the flop after he raises you, the only hand he is going to call with really is one that beats you and you are flipping a coin for all your chips.you have to get him to make a mistake here because you have the best hand, and if you dont you have the re-draws. If you simply smooth call his raise and the flush misses which most likely it will he is going to push hard and then you can decide if he has the AK or not. Why not take the chance at gaining more information and getting paid off because the only draws to really be afraid is the one you have. Listen, if i have a weaker ace and i get re-raised hard from the pre-flop aggressor I know i am beat and i get out only losing 2.80 instead of my entire stack. If i have the weaker ace and i just get smooth called on the flop im going to want to make a bet with my AJ or worse to get rid of the draws...then you have his money. If he has AK or hits two pair hes going to call your re-raise all in on the flop, or he is going to push himself. If this is the case I see there being all in action on either the turn or the river anyways, so why not wait to make sure you hit your flush or get more information that your AQ is good rather than forcing him to fold on the flop, or having him call you with a better hand giving you only some draws to beat him. Going all in on the flop either has you drawing for your flush or two pair to beat his AK or A7, A2 or he folds and you only get 2.80 out of him with a monster hand.
a lot depends on how you would play lesser hands. The fact that you fold worse Aces, makes me push harder with non-made hands which ultimately makes me have to do it with made hands when I have them as well. It's more meta-game than this hand. there's a ton of what ifs either way.If I call and he has a weaker ace and the flush doesn't hit, maybe he checks behind putting us on a better ace instead of pusing adn putting us on a draw.If I call and he has a weaker ace and the flush does hit, then he folds putting me on a flush when he would have called the flop push. If I raise maybe he folds the weaker ace, but maybe he folds the stronger ace.If I call and the flush doesn't hit, he checks behind and misses his flush draw that he may have felt pot committed enough to call with at the flop.there's a ton of what-if scenarios that make me wanna push as opposed to calling just because I'm at a positional disadvantage the rest of the hand. Like I said, if roles were flipped and I got C/Red at the flop, I may just call behind. But being first to act at the turn, I'm looking to get them in now.
Umm... exactly what draw are they on that we're scared of? The two pair draw, set draw? :club:
Not scared of the draw, but saying that the unmade draw is only giving us action (unimproved) before the river. I wanna bet the flop and turn if he's on a draw because if he's making a free card play with a draw and takes a free turn, then I've missed value.
Edit: *notes to self to read posts before sounding retarded*
:D
well, seeing as how he cant hit any overcards to beat you i would try to hit my flush before committing any chips and I would try to keep the bets small because it is very likely he has AK here. What hands could he have...a flush draw of his own? Not likely. An ace with a smaller kicker, probably. But there is a good chance he is AK depending on how you have seen him play before. But its just impossible to get away from this hand. I would just call his raise and then check it to him and see what he does. This is where you will gain a lot of information if he makes a bet of 2/3 the size of the pot then you have to worry about a better hand. I let him force the action or bet 2/3 the size of the pot myself and hope the flush hits, but I still think you have him beat here unless he played with A7 or AK, if that is the case you got unlucky.
This is the wrong way to play NLHE in my opinion. You lose a ton of value when he checks behind you on the turn, you make your flush on the river and he folds to your bet. AK is the only hand you're really worried about here and even then you have up to 12 immediate outs. If he has a set, you have fewer, but get your money in the middle.Re-raise.
I think your instinct would be regarded as pretty standard.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!DA CHARK SAYS ALLLLLLL EEEEEEEEEN!
anyone else find this as weak tight as i do?
Me.Seriously, if you just call here what happens if you hit your flush? How do you expect to get paid?OPs line is the best way to play this hand imo.

Result:I re-raised to $10 and he thought for ages before pushing, I instant called. Villian turned over A7 offsuit, and two blank cards came on the turn & river. I have no problem with my play but just wanted to confirm that my decision was sound!thanks for the reply's.

Yeah, you can't play hands like these like that and make much money.
Result:I re-raised to $10 and he thought for ages before pushing, I instant called. Villian turned over A7 offsuit, and two blank cards came on the turn & river. I have no problem with my play but just wanted to confirm that my decision was sound!thanks for the reply's.
Nothing you can do, you played it perfect.