looking for the money in vegas

Greetings.My first post. I read quite a lot during the week and there a some fascinating personalities on this forum. Anyhow. Wanted any advice on "juicy" Vegas cardrooms and games. Going in a couple weeks with 4 buddies and looking for fishy action. Also, we plan on playing a couple satellites for the Friday night Bellagio Tournament. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Greetings.My first post.  I read quite a lot during the week and there a some fascinating personalities on this forum.  Anyhow.  Wanted any advice on "juicy" Vegas cardrooms and games.  Going in a couple weeks with 4 buddies and looking for fishy action.  Also, we plan on playing a couple satellites for the Friday night Bellagio Tournament.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks and keep up the good work.
For fish...look no farther than your buddies! :shock:

the 2/4 and even 4/8 games everywhere are so loose its hard to do much on them in a short run. Yes you can win big but the flip side of the coin is you can lose while your there too by playing good cards.I liked the 1/1/2 NL game at the Luxor. Max 50 dollar buy in with one rebuy after you go below 50...so basically can sit with 99. You can rebuy anytime you go below 50.Its a game that screams for action. Sit tight and bet up the good hands. You will get callers.... 1/2 at the Aladdin is alright. I didnt play it much and won about 12 bucks after a few hours. That doesnt mean much, play was typically bad, for those limits. But they have a couple daily tournaments for like 40 bucks, which is ok deal. Blinds go up so fast though you need chips early.

Yeah, MGM is really nice... lots of tables. I didn't play there, but I'm gonna assume all 2/4 is the same down there. It's so fishy it's almost impossible, lol. Flamingo has a small little poker room, but good for low limits. 2/4, 4/8 or a $200 max NL with 1/2 blinds that was good to me. Not the best room, but 200 max beats Aladdin's 100max 1/2 or bellagio's 200max 2/5 blinds NL.Aladdin seems decent though, but when I stopped by there wasn't a ton going on. I've heard good things about the 2/4, 4/8 at the Palms also, but never stopped in there.

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming. I had heard that the MGM was noisy being next too a "bar or nightclub"? Also, I head that there are TOO MANY fish in the 2/4 , 4/8 games that it becomes a roll of the dice at most places. I have heard that the 100/200 nl games were best. Any other info on those. Also, any tourney info would be great, meaning good blind structures and time as opposed to "all-in fests", again thanks.P.S. Congrats Kurt on your showing and experience, was fun reading and good luck in the future.

Thanks.And I agree.. the 2/4 games I played were pretty insane. 8 to the flop on a regular basis, and usually the 2 not in were me and my girlfriend. Definitely need to adjust your game to those. Play more suited connectors and suited aces. Try to lose less on big pairs, because they WILL get cracked often.If you want good NL... Flamingo is pretty decent. Usually just one or two tables going, but the 200max with 1/2 blinds is great. I managed to walk away with 435 the one day I played. I did hit a lucky hand, but it was only a matter of time. I flopped TPTK with the nut flush draw. Went all in and got called by bottom 2 pair, and instead of hitting the flush, I hit the case King and won with trips. Either way, who calls 160 more with 9-10? lol. Especially with 9-10-K on the board. So yeah... try some of the NL games. Don't bother with the tournament at Flamingo though... blind structure is just brutal. They limit it to 30, and I managed to get 7th, but top 3 pay, and it's a complete luck fest. at one point the blinds go from 200/400 to 500/1000.I have heard 4/8 is better than the 2/4 though, so if you try limit, might be a good idea to start there. They did have some 3/6 at Aladdin too.Imperial Palace is a nice little dump as well. The card room is hard to find, upstairs somewhere, but it's friendly and there's plenty of bad players tossing money around. They have a NL game as well, but I am not sure the max buyin, I think it might be 200 with 1/2 blinds as well. I was playing 2/4 there though, and someone said the play at 2/4 was better than most of the players at NL. Also, tables there are huuuuuge! If you don't wanna be crowded at the table, give this one a shot... but you also can barely see the cards if you're on the end. They have a tournament too... one was going when I was there around mindnight. Blinds seem more reasonable than Flamingo's, but I don't know the exact details. Aladdin also has cheap daily tourney's. Not sure how those are either. Pretty much though, if they're cheap, the structures suck.

I played 2/4 at the IP and took $135 in just over an hour. I thought about cancelling my flight.Is there a web site that has all this info? I thought I've seen one before.

I played at the IP and lost about 80 in about 2 hours on people chasing inside straight draws to the river, but won about $150 in a half and hour at 3-6. Mirage has no limit $500 max buy in 2-5 blinds also. I liked the Luxor, the IP was ok, pretty friendly. The Mirage was pretty cool though, I'd recommend it.

I think most cardrooms have fishy players at those limits. You want to hear something rediculous? I played the 2/5 200 Max at the Bellagio. After about an hour of play, I was up to $500 bucks. I get QQ on the button and reraise a better from 15 to 50. Flop is 332, diamonds. He bets 50 I raise to 200. He checks the non diamond 9 on the turn, I go allin for $250. He calls with pocket sixes. He called more than 2 buyins with a low pair and no draws. that's the kind of players you will meet.

I was just down there a couple weeks ago and the MGM was definitely my prefered place to play. The 1/2 NL 200 max game was great as was the 2/5 500 game. The 2/4 and 4/8 were also crazy looze, which you either like or you don't (I like). Although it's next to a bar, I found it quieter and more isolated than most of the poker rooms, i.e. no clinking slot machines around. It's also fairly bright and the tables are widley spaced. <shrug> When there I also played at the Orleans, Luxor, Mandalay, Aladdin, and Excalibur. The Orleans was the tightest. The others all played about the same I thought, so go with the atmosphere you find the most pleasant to be in.shrug.

just got back from the n.a.b. show and played every nite at circus circus. the room is ok and the chips are old but the fish were everywhere. dealers are friendly and the game is really laid back. great drink service and the tourist live it up and dont mind losing hundred after hundred to ya. check it out ( 3/6 is the best game) gl