Tipping At 1/2 Nl

Hi Everyone,I'm just about to head to down to the dog track to play some poker. In the past I've had limited sucess there (played 2 and lost the buy in both times) but I've changed some elements in my game and I think I'm ready. My question deals with tipping. What is the apporiate amount to tip in a pot percentage wise? Is customary to do so if the pot is say below 20 or 30 dollars? I know this may sound dumb but I'm mainly an online player so I don't know. Thanks for the input.

Hi Everyone,I'm just about to head to down to the dog track to play some poker. In the past I've had limited sucess there (played 2 and lost the buy in both times) but I've changed some elements in my game and I think I'm ready. My question deals with tipping. What is the apporiate amount to tip in a pot percentage wise? Is customary to do so if the pot is say below 20 or 30 dollars? I know this may sound dumb but I'm mainly an online player so I don't know. Thanks for the input.
This thread should help you out

One dollarOne dollar if you stack someone for $400.One dollar if you raise to 12, get one caller, bet 30 on the turn and the caller folds. I don't tip if the pot is super low. example: 4 limpers, bet the flop and take down a $10 pot. Anyway, the answer to your question is one dollar.

One dollarOne dollar if you stack someone for $400.One dollar if you raise to 12, get one caller, bet 30 on the turn and the caller folds. I don't tip if the pot is super low. example: 4 limpers, bet the flop and take down a $10 pot. Anyway, the answer to your question is one dollar.
Pretty much QFT. If you make some amazing hand or make a bad call and suck out... do what feels good.
QFT. I don't tip if I take the pot down pf. I tip $1 on any pot, unless its like some redic pot that I either suckout on, or just cooler the hell out of someone I'll tip more. But basically, just $1 on pots you win.Mark
Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine. You failed. You had no success. Nothing about it was limited.This isn't meant to be a call out. I just think it helps to own up to the things we fail at in life, as recognizing them as failures will make us less likely to repeat them. Calling a complete and utter failure a "limited success" is just fooling yourself, unless you are defining success in this case as, "Thank God i only brought one buy-in with me each time."

Basically: What everyone else said.PF: 1$10-20$-1$20-50$-1$50-100$-2$100+ 2-5$NEVER MORE THAN 5$Also... when a new dealer sits down... throw them a dollar if you've been card dead. It always works.

I try to think of tipping in terms of per hour/shift. I mean, if a dealer is courteous and moves the game along, does it really matter how much I win? I try to make sure I get a dealer $2 for every half hour, or $4 for every hour. If I win during that time, I may or may not toss more their way, depending on how good of a dealer they are (mainly just how fast they move the game), or just my mood, or if I win a little or a ton.

<---------Poker DealerDo not keep the 50 cent chips, they are LITTERALLY for the dealers tip jar(and the rake but most pots are 100 anyways.). It is bad luck to keep them.Tip lots heavy and often!!!

<---------Poker DealerDo not keep the 50 cent chips, they are LITTERALLY for the dealers tip jar(and the rake but most pots are 100 anyways.). It is bad luck to keep them.Tip lots heavy and often!!!
where do you deal? and how much do u make an hour?
Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine. You failed. You had no success. Nothing about it was limited.This isn't meant to be a call out. I just think it helps to own up to the things we fail at in life, as recognizing them as failures will make us less likely to repeat them. Calling a complete and utter failure a "limited success" is just fooling yourself, unless you are defining success in this case as, "Thank God i only brought one buy-in with me each time."
unnecessary
God. I just read through this thread. What a bunch of assholes.
God. I just read through this thread. What a bunch of assholes.
I'm assuming that you are a grumpy dealer? Whatever this statement refers to, I never like being called an *******, so could you please let me know what you think I'm doing wrong? If every player followed what I wrote, then every dealer would make $40/hr IN TIPS dealing 1/2nl regardless of how "well" they dealt big hands, coolers, or suckouts. That sounds pretty ****ing awesome to me. But what do I know, I'm just an *******.
I'm assuming that you are a grumpy dealer? Whatever this statement refers to, I never like being called an *******, so could you please let me know what you think I'm doing wrong? If every player followed what I wrote, then every dealer would make $40/hr IN TIPS dealing 1/2nl regardless of how "well" they dealt big hands, coolers, or suckouts. That sounds pretty ****ing awesome to me. But what do I know, I'm just an *******.
your a ****ing **** ****ing

Tip whatever you feel comfortable with. If you want to tip $1 then do so. If you win a big pot and feel the dealer is doing a good job then tip more. If the dealer is rude and horrible and ships you a $1000 pot, please stiff the moron and tell him/her to get a different job. People like me would kill for a dealing job(I'll hopefully be getting one in the next week). The jobs are insanely good pay, great benefits, and generally a fun atmosphere. So any dealer who isn't grateful of whatever tips they're getting should be instantly fired.