Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $137.25UTG+1: $55.80CO: $59.45Button: $57.65SB: $45.35BB: $85.45Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J :D K :DHero raises to $1.75, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.Flop: 5 :D 8 :) 6 :) ($6, 3 players)Hero bets $4.5, CO folds, Button calls.Turn: Q :club: ($15, 2 players)Hero bets $11.5, Button calls.River: 9 :D ($38, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $12, Hero folds.Should i fold this pf? or limp maybe?How do i play rest of the hand aganist an unknown?

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $137.25UTG+1: $55.80CO: $59.45Button: $57.65SB: $45.35BB: $85.45Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J :D K :DHero raises to $1.75, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.Flop: 5 :D 8 :) 6 :) ($6, 3 players)Hero bets $4.5, CO folds, Button calls.Turn: Q :club: ($15, 2 players)Hero bets $11.5, Button calls.River: 9 :D ($38, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $12, Hero folds.Should i fold this pf? or limp maybe?How do i play rest of the hand aganist an unknown?
I really don't open limp EVER... I like the hand. Next time hit your draw.

I hate limping too but i don't know how to play low and middle pocket pairs from early positions. I usually limp with them. I sometimes limp sometimes open raise with T9s type of hands.

with a hand like that, i often like to raise out of position to get the weak hands to fold...anyone with a good hand will re-raise and you can get out or just smooth call...I definitely like the strength shown. When you hit your draw, it is a disguised flush and you will most likely get paid off...fold it and move on to the next hand.

Since this is six max it's not always a fold UTG. UTG gets respect from tight players so I don't mind it at all. But I'd abuse this respect and go a tensy bit less on your pf raise, 1.50. Doesn't make much of a difference now, but it makes your later bet sizes a little bit smaller, and you still have the same ability to stack them off.On the flop, if you have more passive players I like leading, especially if you C-bet. If you have really aggressive players who will take the lead if you give it up (not often the case) then I like the C-raise line on the flop. Seems in this hand players are calling stations or weak tight, so I like both barrels.Don't try to steal this pot on the river, that bet is a straight screaming for a call most of the time.Overall well played.

Wow... I'd play a lot worse hands than KJ sooted utg... for a raise...
The thing with K-J, Q-J, and K-Q UTG is that if the position gets it's proper respect, you are sharing cards with people who play back at you often. This is why I feel it's often advantageous to have something like 10-9s or so rather than suited broadway UTG... but that's a full ring table.
I hate limping too but i don't know how to play low and middle pocket pairs from early positions. I usually limp with them. I sometimes limp sometimes open raise with T9s type of hands.
I open raise any pair any position... in 6max
If we're talking 6max, you really should always raise pp's and sc's if you're going to open with them. I like all streets of the OP hand.Mark
If we're talking 6max, you really should always raise pp's and sc's if you're going to open with them. I like all streets of the OP hand.Mark
BudI would pay attention to Marks statement. If you decide to switch to FR then you really need to adjust your play from 6-Max.
  • 2 weeks later...

on the turn, i'd either bet the full pot, or check/call I think.few reasons.betting the pot pushes him off weak hands, like midpair+gs/oesd (hopefully), and if we check, and he checks back, he probably is trying to get to a free showdown with a middle pair hand while we are drawing for free (sexy card would be 9c - 4c, and if either fell I'd most likely go for a check/raise).if he checks back turn i'm most likely betting out on mostrivers, and any club except the 9c 4c...but if i check there it's cause i think he will bet his str8 even w flush on board...some guys wont and get scared, but that's kinda a gametime decision(- Jordan