Qq On The Button

I kind of feel bad about this...my friend was playing in a big tournament...he was in a 3 dollar re-buy and was in the final 19, 18th place got an extra 40 bucks or something and first place was over 6,000. He was playing tight all tournament and came up with QQ on the button. A very aggressive player who was all in 5-6 times pre-flop to steal blinds and double up through luck made a standard raise of 3x the blinds. He raised to 150,000 and had 2.5 mill remaining, and my friend had a little over 1,000,000. He wanted to go all in pre-flop which is pretty standard, but I told him to smooth call with position against a player who always follows up with a continuation bet.Flop came 2, 6, 9 no flush, no flush draw. The aggressor made a value bet and bet once again 150,000...I told him to go all in and the guy ended up calling with pocket 6's and was chip leader after that...First off, i know he should of went all in pre-flop but sometimes you have to string your opponent along especially an aggressive one. His bet to me on the flop showed weakness and he was far from a tight player. Do you smooth call on the flop, go all in....how do you play this to best avoid taking beats from a set, or two pair...

the guy's all in frequently pre flop, get it in pre flop considering you've very likely got the best of it.As played it's all going in on the flop.Also, 29 posts in a day? Ease up there trigger. Why don't you hang back and just read a few for a while? Walk before you run.

Why the big overbet on the flop? It can only get called by a better hand and there is no threat from draws. It may wind up all in eventually, but betting should have a purpose, and there is no purpose to a push here.Preflop is marginal whether to push or call. A close to pot size raise commits you and there is no chance for effective post flop play. Given that its the big stack and an aggressive player, Id rather not let him see the flop, so Id push.

I think he can call the flop w/ TT and JJ, also maybe A9. I'd shove pre-flop. I want people to know that I'll shove w/ big hands in case I get short on chips and have to shove with worse hands. Also I don't want to flat w/ QQ and have an A or a K come up and be in a tough spot when the villain c-bets.

I'd smooth call AA/KK not sure about QQ. The chips we'd pick up when he folds (sorry IF) is still a considerable addition to our stack. There's also the blinds to think about since they have cards as well you know.

I don't mind the smooth there knowing 90% of the time I am getting it in on the flop after he c-bets. Against this type of player I generally am not folding to an A or K flop anyway. I think the same flop bet as preflop raise actually shows his strength. If he was as aggressive as you say he would bet more on this particular flop if he whiffed. He knows you probably whiffed as well, but wouldn't want to let you draw cheaply at two overs. That extra $40 shouldn't matter at this point. You are deep enough to start thinking about the big money. You need to get chips and this is a perfect spot to try to double up by slowplaying an aggressive player. Again, if he was that aggressive he is calling pre anyway so not much you can do here. On the other hand he very well could call with AT, AJ, Axs and maybe even KQ to a preflop push.

I agree with those who say to jam preflop. You said he's loose and whatnot, so he could have a very wide calling range and actually call you w/ any pair, AJ+... Smooth calling isn't great, and reraising commits you to the pot. You might as well push and be happy when he calls w/ 66.Oh, and don't include results in strategy posts, plsthxcomeagain.