destined to go broke here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converterCO ($24.2)Button ($19.99)SB ($22.45)BB ($25.09)UTG ($25)UTG+1 ($26.55)Frills ($31.27)MP2 ($38.05)Preflop: Frills is MP1 with J:club:, A:diamond:. SB posts a blind of $0.1. [color:#CC3333]UTG raises to $0.5[/color], SB (poster) calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($2) A:club:, J:heart:, J:spade: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Frills checks.Turn: ($2) 3:heart: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]SB checks, BB checks, [color:#CC3333]UTG bets $1[/color], Frills calls $1, SB folds, BB folds.River: ($4) 9:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color][color:#CC3333]UTG bets $2[/color], Frills calls $29.77 (All-In), UTG calls $21.50 (All-In).Final Pot: $57.27

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converterCO ($24.2)Button ($19.99)SB ($22.45)BB ($25.09)UTG ($25)UTG+1 ($26.55)Frills ($31.27)MP2 ($38.05)Preflop: Frills is MP1 with J:club:, A:diamond:. SB posts a blind of $0.1. [color:#CC3333]UTG raises to $0.5[/color], SB (poster) calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($2) A:club:, J:heart:, J:spade: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Frills checks.Turn: ($2) 3:heart: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]SB checks, BB checks, [color:#CC3333]UTG bets $1[/color], Frills calls $1, SB folds, BB folds.River: ($4) 9:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color][color:#CC3333]UTG bets $2[/color], Frills calls $29.77 (All-In), UTG calls $21.50 (All-In).Final Pot: $57.27
huh?

i think the converter messed up-- i think the OP pushed on the river after UTG's bet.in all honesty...yuck.i don't like how any of it was played.don't check that flop. you're in position. believe it or not, that's actually not strong enough to slowplay. bet like half the pot when it comes to you, and see if you get raised. you're hoping to get raised, because you have a strong second-nut hand (you gave away in your title that he had AA, but you can't think that every time) and want to be able to reraise/push if he checkraises you. what do you if a Q or K rolls off? you might have just give KK/QQ a free card, who would have folded had you bet, and now you won't even realize that you're beat. regardless, you have to make hands like that pay. and you have to punish hands like AK/KJ who might think they have the best hand.even if you slowplay the flop, you can't slowplay past the turn. yuck, yuck, yuck. never slowplay past the turn. almost never. not only are hands rarely strong enough to slowplay past the turn (this one definitely wasn't), you won't get action a lot of times on the river because an aggressive player bluffing with KK/QQ/etc. will check to you on the turn thinking he's beat. if you had gotten aggressive on the turn, though, you might have made him reraise out of aggression, or fold, or pay to see another card. don't slowplay past the turn!!finally, the river push is terrible. no offense to you, but i used to make those same horrid mistakes before realizing how dumb they were.let's calculate.he bets $2. the pot is now $6. you push for almost $30. that's a raise of more than 3x the pot.who would call?hands that you have beat will fold -- you get no value.hands that have you beat will call -- you lose all your chips.the idea of poker is to maximize your winnings and minimize your losses, and this kind of way-over-the-top push does EXACTLY the opposite--it minimizes your winnings (because worse hands fold) and maximizes your losses (because better hands call).you weren't even pushing for fold equity, you were pushing because you had a strong hand that wanted a call. and guess what? pushing was horrible.never push again like that.if you learn one thing from this post, it's that.aseem

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converterCO ($24.2)Button ($19.99)SB ($22.45)BB ($25.09)UTG ($25)UTG+1 ($26.55)Hero ($31.27)MP2 ($38.05)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:club:, A:diamond:. SB posts a blind of $0.1. [color:#CC3333]UTG raises to $0.5[/color], SB (poster) calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($2) A:club:, J:heart:, J:spade: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($2) 3:heart: [color:#0000FF](4 players)[/color]SB checks, BB checks, [color:#CC3333]UTG bets $1[/color], Hero calls $1, SB folds, BB folds.River: ($4) 9:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color][color:#CC3333]UTG bets $2[/color], Hero calls $29.77 (All-In), UTG calls $21.50 (All-In).Final Pot: $57.27Results in white below: [color:#FFFFFF]UTG has Ah As (full house, aces full of jacks). Hero has Jc Ad (full house, jacks full of aces). Outcome: UTG wins $51. Hero wins $6.27. [/color]

I guess you are going to go broke, but I sure don't like calling preflop raises with AJ, I think it was a minimum raise which screams strength but I might still call for such a small raise and hope to pound the flop. It was played pretty badly but you would have lost all of your chips regardless, look at aseems post for how to play this hand. Get aggressive earlier you will probably get played back at and I highly doubt being able to fold in this situation without a great read, but the action should have taken place earlier.

yeah, i forgot to add... fold that pre-flop. AJo is a marginal hand when the pot's raised.aseem

I agree with the fellas. Don't play this hand in early position unless suited. But... just for the sake of argument let's say you were on the button and chose to play it. There really isn't anything you can do once you are in there. This hand is better known as the Party Poker Special. What's so Special??? You may ask.... Simple: The Rakes that PP collects from two players thinkin they've got the nutz.

Fold preflop.
And, since you didn't, yes, any decent player in that situation is going to lose if they're in the hand. I really don't see many people folding there.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converterCO ($24.2)Button ($19.99)SB ($22.45)BB ($25.09)UTG ($25)UTG+1 ($26.55)Frills ($31.27)MP2 ($38.05)Preflop: Frills is MP1 with J:club:, A:diamond:. SB posts a blind of $0.1. UTG raises to $0.5, SB (poster) calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($2) A:club:, J:heart:, J:spade: (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Frills checks.Turn: ($2) 3:heart: (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $1, Frills calls $1, SB folds, BB folds.River: ($4) 9:spade: (2 players)UTG bets $2, Frills calls $29.77 (All-In), UTG calls $21.50 (All-In).Final Pot: $57.27
Did you choose the wrong option on the converter?When only one combination of cards can beat, in no limit you go broke. What's poker.
Fold preflop.
I feel like I've learned something over the months...cause I probably/might've folded pre-flop. Does anyone else hate playing AQos in a raised pot or am I being too conservative?
Fold preflop.
I feel like I've learned something over the months...cause I probably/might've folded pre-flop. Does anyone else hate playing AQos in a raised pot or am I being too conservative?
yes, AQo is generally a fold in a raised pot unless the raiser is loose (then it's a reraise), but the hand in question is AJo. regardless, even AJs is a fold in a raised pot.aseem
Guest XXEddie
yeah, i forgot to add... fold that pre-flop. AJo is a marginal hand when the pot's raised.aseem
Every hand that is a raise from EP beats AJo
Every hand that is a raise from EP beats AJo
what about A10?
and 99 or 1010 is a coin flip. plus your ahead of KQ too