Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

okay, now that the minor paperwork deals are out of the way let's talk about how good Andreas Johnsson is going to be

Real world or fantasy?

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Tavares contract breakdown: Year 1, $650k salary, $15.25M sb; Year 2, $910k salary, $15.25M sb; Year 3, $910k salary, $11.09M sb; Year 4, $910k salary, $8.44M sb; Years 5-7, $910k salary, $7.04M sb in each of those years

Real world or fantasy?

real world of course. I think he's going to be a very good complimentary player who can play on any line. As they would say in Boston he's a wicked smart player.

real world of course. I think he's going to be a very good complimentary player who can play on any line. As they would say in Boston he's a wicked smart player.

I agree.

I dont know if he took "less" money. Thats a lot of money up front, might make the diff between 11mil per year and 12mill per year kind of irrelevant.

And you add endorsement opp's in Tor/Canada vs being in SJ/DAL/BOS. The only other thing that night have mattered was state taxes

I dont know if he took "less" money. Thats a lot of money up front, might make the diff between 11mil per year and 12mill per year kind of irrelevant.

And you add endorsement opp's in Tor/Canada vs being in SJ/DAL/BOS. The only other thing that night have mattered was state taxes

Very true. The story about him not wanting to play in the media frenzy market and move to San Jose has to be made up. I think it was only between Isles and Leafs and he really didn’t consider any other team seriously.

Remember how pissed off Some Leaf fans were at the Sundin crew not waiving no trade clauses and Leafs getting nothing.

Imagine what Tavares gets at the deadline last year when lesser players were getting first round picks. If he went to a team as a rental how that might change the playoff results.

I think it was only between Isles and Leafs and he really didn't consider any other team seriously.

Just guessing, but I think so too.

I think actually he's had the Leafs on his radar for a long time, and he may have already been leaning this way for months/years. I cant even imagine how many back channel questions have been asked of the Leafs franchise by his agents, asking about Babcock/Dubas/teammates....all of it. If his agents are worth the 5%? (maybe more/less), then they have already presented him with months and months of data on where the teams lie, what the hockey would be like, what life would be like. The thought that this decision was made this week, I just dont buy it

Holy crap, what a signing. I found out reading his twitter note too, which was awesome because I thought it was just him saying goodbye to Isles fans, then got to the Toronto part and actually woke up my napping wife saying “holy shit”.

And I don’t even really care!! Can’t imagine what this is like for actual Leafs fans. Must be the biggest free agent signing in Toronto history, no?

• Like 1

Holy crap, what a signing. I found out reading his twitter note too, which was awesome because I thought it was just him saying goodbye to Isles fans, then got to the Toronto part and actually woke up my napping wife saying “holy shit”.

And I don’t even really care!! Can’t imagine what this is like for actual Leafs fans. Must be the biggest free agent signing in Toronto history, no?

It might be one of the biggest in NHL history for a player at his age and his level.

Dec 29 th Isles at Leafs

Then the big one

Feb 28 Leafs visit the Islanders

Do we get a video tribute or de we get boos??

I’m leaning toward video tribute.

A smart man once told me (Arp) that salary cap issues are overrated and teams will figure it out.

I’m sure Dubas and clan have mapped out the next 5-7 years.

I hadnt gone on Eklund for a couple of years..Decided to venture there for fun..

He has something about Lou being mad at Leafs and he might utilize the offer sheet with Nylander, Marner or Matthews..

I doubt it would happen..

The other thing is why is the Offer sheet a thing, if its rarely ever used..