• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Got home just in time to see the 5 on 3 and then Sid's goal. Did he bring it?

Eat my banana

Text from Serge, around 2 pm ET:

"Guarantee OT. Only teams without loser point."

It was inevitable.

Penguins are an interesting team. Ridiculous offensive weapons. But not very good defensively. At least last little while

It was inevitable.

Penguins are an interesting team. Ridiculous offensive weapons. But not very good defensively. At least last little while

old time hockey without the goons

Bit nervous about this week..2 games against Winnipeg..If we lose both..Playoff chances go way down..

Need to stay on course..We played two of the best teams in the NHL IMO, and kept it close against Boston...Fought hard against Penguins for the point..

We can do this..

Whether or not the Leafs make the playoffs will come down to goaltending.

Thats pretty much the whole NHL.

There are many teams we would have said the same thing about at the start of the year.

Thats pretty much the whole NHL.

There are many teams we would have said the same thing about at the start of the year.

Yes, but Toronto is 25th in shots for per game and 26th in shots against per game.

Yes, but Toronto is 25th in shots for per game and 26th in shots against per game.

Very overrated stat.

Very overrated stat.

It's actually two stats. And I didn't say they were the be-all and end-all. I'm simply pointing out why good goaltending might be more important to a team like the Leafs because they are often outshot.

How so?

How so?

I watch all the games. The chances are no where near the quality chances like last year

Last 15 years

Me: Hey Leafs look okay this year.

Leaf Fan: Ya man we got Allison should put us close to the top

Me: Hey Leafs look okay this year.

Leaf Fan: I don't know it's really tough this year lots of good teams. Hopefully they make the playoffs.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/statistician-forecasts-tougher-second-half-for-resurgent-maple-leafs/article9652448/?service=mobile

“I would say we’d like to tighten that area up, definitely,” Carlyle said of allowing quality shots. “Because there are too many quality chances.”

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of Carlyle's anti-Leaf bias.

Isn't there a NASCAR race?

Very interesting numbers, and partly the reason for the better season:

27 29 30 30 28 28

Those are the Leafs PK rankings in the last 6 years..This year the leafs are currently tied for 7th in the NHL..Huge difference when you arent giving up power play goals like they did last year.

Tied for 6th in Save Percentage in the NHL

7th in the league in GFA

13th in GAA

If you look at the last 6 years, these numbers were near the bottom of the league with consistency..Especially the goaltending numbers...

This is all with our number "1" goalie being injured half the year...Both goalies have played really well, which leads to my point of overall better defensive system being employed by Carlyle..

Reimer being more consistent than Scrivens, and somehow with a much better win record with similar Save percentage

Again, I watch a lot of the games..A lot of games we are outshot, but I dont feel like we are being outplayed...Sure we need to limit more of these chances but overall the system is much better..

Interesting lines at practice today..

Frattin up with Grabo and Kulemin

Komarov back with Kadri and Macarthur

Bob McKenzie seems to think the Leafs will trade one of Macarthur and Kulemin to make room for Lupul..

I know people like to label lines...We technically have line 2A and 2B..

Kadri's line plays more on the PP..but the Grabo line plays more even strength.....They tend to be the shutdown line...Then you look at plus minus and Kadri is much better than the rest of the forwards...Its mainly because he is matched up against the weaker forwards of the opposition. Carlyle's main forte is his ability to match lines...He is the king of line matching.

Its a dynamic that seems to be working and not sure how all the other teams do it, but we technically dont have a TOP 6 unit..As I am sure most teams leading point scorer isnt a "third line" player.

first three game losing streak of the year...Getting eerily close to what happened after 24 games last year..

Little concerned...

Reimer had an off game...Worried.