• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Tough ending to a good game..We had two goals disallowed..Second one definetely not in..First one questionable..Great fight to tie it and earn the point..Roloson owns us..The Interference call on Lebda in OT was a little stupid..Oh well..We played not a bad game overall..Luke Schenn is amazing.

Good game. at least they got a point. Ive watched a few of the Islanders games, I thought that was one of their worst. Its impressive to see that team play not that great, and still get 2pts on the road. The Lebda call was a good one, sorry, that aint weak at all, and its pure homerism to think it was. If you want to be mad at someone, be pissed at your Dman for thinking he could get away with that. That was beyond idiotic. I liked what I saw of Sojstrom. Bozak-Kessel is fun to watch. Phaneuf really needs to practice shooting ON the net. He's brutal. Why do they put Bozak in front of the net on the PP? Seems awkward. And for the love of god Joe Bowen.....Holy Makanov is done!

Good game. at least they got a point. Ive watched a few of the Islanders games, I thought that was one of their worst. Its impressive to see that team play not that great, and still get 2pts on the road. The Lebda call was a good one, sorry, that aint weak at all, and its pure homerism to think it was. If you want to be mad at someone, be pissed at your Dman for thinking he could get away with that. That was beyond idiotic. I liked what I saw of Sojstrom. Bozak-Kessel is fun to watch. Phaneuf really needs to practice shooting ON the net. He's brutal. Why do they put Bozak in front of the net on the PP? Seems awkward. And for the love of god Joe Bowen.....Holy Makanov is done!
:club:
Bozak in front of the net is a new one..They have tried Phaneuf in front of the net if you can believe it..Not a bad idea..I dont know about the Lebda call..I have seen much worse not called..The only reason the Islanders won was because of Roloson..That guy is just a freak of nature...I think we were a bit unlucky, the first disallowed goal was close, the second was definetely no goal but unlucky we didnt score..I think we didnt play our best game either and glad we salvaged a point.And yes I agree the Islanders have a good team..

I thought the Lebda call was pretty mediocre. TBH tho, I don't get the same view from the bar as I do at home. My thoughts could be different if I watched it from home. I didn't see much contact, though. I'm undecided.

I sat in the nosebleeds and did not see any contact IMO of Lebda on Roloson. Also what is Ledba doing so close to the net? I was not sure what happen when Versteeg scored. I thought he knocked it down and then shot it in. I guess the Ref blew the whistle already.

I sat in the nosebleeds and did not see any contact IMO of Lebda on Roloson. Also what is Ledba doing so close to the net? I was not sure what happen when Versteeg scored. I thought he knocked it down and then shot it in. I guess the Ref blew the whistle already.
On the Versteeg goal, I think a linesman blew the play dead because the puck bounced off of Roloson then off of Versteeg's stick which was arguably (probbaly) above the level of the crossbar. He didn't knock it in with a high stick, but he played it after hitting it with a high stick, so the play was dead, and that's not reviewable.
On the Versteeg goal, I think a linesman blew the play dead because the puck bounced off of Roloson then off of Versteeg's stick which was arguably (probbaly) above the level of the crossbar. He didn't knock it in with a high stick, but he played it after hitting it with a high stick, so the play was dead, and that's not reviewable.
The rule in question was misinterpreted and it was a bad call...The rule is NOT you cant knock a puck down that is above the crossbar, its above the shoulder:A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height of the opponent’s shoulders. Players and goalkeepers must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordinglyYou cant score a goal if your stick is above the crossbar..However you can play a puck above the crossbar, as long as its not above your shoulder...This is what happened in this case..Also since the linesman blew the play dead, its not reviewable...It was clearly a blown call..The linesman was way behind the play at the blueline..The second goal disallowed Wilson argues that Tavares touched the puck in the crease..they didnt even look at that, and very likely we got screwed there too..The Lebda call was also a bad one, here is Wilson's comments on that:The call in overtime after clearly I thought they weren't going to call anything, and that was a marginal call, after you see [Nikolai] Kulemin get hauled down in the neutral zone off of a faceoff, what are you going to do at that point?Blown calls happen and next game it can work in our favour...Cant worry about it, we can just move on to the next game.
The rule in question was misinterpreted and it was a bad call...The rule is NOT you cant knock a puck down that is above the crossbar, its above the shoulder:A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height of the opponent’s shoulders. Players and goalkeepers must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordinglyYou cant score a goal if your stick is above the crossbar..However you can play a puck above the crossbar, as long as its not above your shoulder...This is what happened in this case..Also since the linesman blew the play dead, its not reviewable...It was clearly a blown call..The linesman was way behind the play at the blueline..The second goal disallowed Wilson argues that Tavares touched the puck in the crease..they didnt even look at that, and very likely we got screwed there too..The Lebda call was also a bad one, here is Wilson's comments on that:The call in overtime after clearly I thought they weren't going to call anything, and that was a marginal call, after you see [Nikolai] Kulemin get hauled down in the neutral zone off of a faceoff, what are you going to do at that point?Blown calls happen and next game it can work in our favour...Cant worry about it, we can just move on to the next game.
The rule you quoted is for the penalty of high sticking, not the 'playing the puck with a high stick' rule.....80.3 Disallowed Goal – When an attacking player causes the puck to enter the opponent’s goal by contacting the puck above the height of the crossbar, either directly or deflected off any player or official, the goal shall not be allowed. The determining factor is where the puck makes contact with the stick. If the puck makes contact with the stick below the level of the crossbar and enters the goal, this goal shall be allowed.A goal scored as a result of a defending player striking the puck with his stick carried above the height of the crossbar of the goal frame into his own goal shall be allowed.
The rule you quoted is for the penalty of high sticking, not the 'playing the puck with a high stick' rule.....80.3 Disallowed Goal – When an attacking player causes the puck to enter the opponent’s goal by contacting the puck above the height of the crossbar, either directly or deflected off any player or official, the goal shall not be allowed. The determining factor is where the puck makes contact with the stick. If the puck makes contact with the stick below the level of the crossbar and enters the goal, this goal shall be allowed.A goal scored as a result of a defending player striking the puck with his stick carried above the height of the crossbar of the goal frame into his own goal shall be allowed.
It didn't directly go in from the high stick so I'm not sure that rule applies either...I may be mistaken but I thought it was the shoulders if it isn't the last action before the puck goes in.
It didn't directly go in from the high stick so I'm not sure that rule applies either...I may be mistaken but I thought it was the shoulders if it isn't the last action before the puck goes in.
Could be... like most of those calls, they're always debatable. The leaf fans think it's wrong, the Isles fans think it was right.... LOL Either way, it was still a well played hockey game. And one thing in favour of the leafs: they didn't play their best game and still came away with a point. That's something they haven't done in a while... On the negative side, their defense doesn't look great. Their goaltending is saving their butts..