your thoughts on this idea...

. By open folding you give up any chance of winning the pot. That is alot more important than giving away some tell that you don't plan to call anyone's bet if they even bet or to tell someone they should call even if they don't have a hand worthy of making a call.
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were playing baseball, would you suggest that the a failed bunt on the third strike should not be an out?If you were playing basketball, would you suggest that the ball remains in play if it hits the top of the backboard?If you were playing chess, would you reccomend that the knight gets to move three over and up one, rather than two over and up one, because it suits the play you need to make more?Stop making up dumb rules.It's making you look silly.

If you were playing baseball, would you suggest that the a failed bunt on the third strike should not be an out?If you were playing basketball, would you suggest that the ball remains in play if it hits the top of the backboard?If you were playing chess, would you reccomend that the knight gets to move three over and up one, rather than two over and up one, because it suits the play you need to make more?Stop making up dumb rules.It's making you look silly.
Duhhhh... Finally someone understands!

Oh wait! I finally get it! J Farrell is not a poker idiot...he's a comedic genius! He's been playing us for his own amusement with these ridiculous ideas and impossibly illogical and stubborn defences of them, all the while laughing smugly at the mayhem he has created. My hat's off to you sir. Well done indeed!

Your vast knowledge of sports rules and chess movements really inspires me, Warhol.How am I making up a rule? How is open-folding 'breaking the rules'?You cannot comprehend very well.

Come now JF...the joke's over. I've exposed your little ruse. Cant we all just laugh it off and go back to discussing poker? Nobody's going to fall for it anymore. Isn't it about time for some "girl on girl" action photos Nikki? :club:

Come now JF...the joke's over.  I've exposed your little ruse.  Cant we all just laugh it off and go back to discussing poker?  Nobody's going to fall for it anymore.  Isn't it about time for  some "girl on girl" action photos Nikki?  :club:
Hey I'm all for arguing whilst looking at scantilly-clad female-on-female action, although my arguments may succumb to such primitive statements as: "Duhhhh, NO! You wrong, me right!", and "IIIIIIIII can't think right now....sorry"I'll turn into one of those apes in 2001: A space Odyssey, who discovers for the first time that they can use ape bones as weapons.Funny how guys act in the presence of women. I was playing $1/$2 NL holdem out in Vegas a couple months ago and the floor man pointed me toward a table with 3 open seats. There was 1 scantily-clad woman with 1 open seat to her left and 2 open seats to her right. The rest of the table was composed of men. The girl was opposite the dealer (best seat IMO). So I sat right next to her on her right (equally as good a seat for sight purposes). All the guys were staring at me weird b/c I sat right next to her. I didn't care, cuz it was the best seat. The girl didn't say anything either. Plus, I didn't have to see her directly, which would keep me focused on the cards better. Needless to say this girl was playing very aggressively and taking down many pots with a simple flop bet. She told the table she was playing with Devilfish the night before at the Palms.
  • 4 weeks later...

JFarell, you are such a woman. (no offense to women)You post a wild idea, and then somehow expect that everyone will love it, and when they don't, you bit.ch and moan and call everyone "close-minded." You asked what people thought and you got it. Stop whining.And as for the person talking about how you like to change the rules for your own benefit, I believe he was referring to your other now-infamous post about the two pair thing. (by the way, there was only one vote that agreed, was that perhaps yours?)Anyways, I'll defend you in that i don't think completing with K6 here is terrible, because there is a chance you could win a lot if you hit two pair or better, however, your fold-instead-of-check is just wrong, and follows flawed logic as has already been stated numerous times. Interesting idea in theory, but really that percentage of time when it actually makes a difference is negated by the times you catch runner runner.Speaking of catching, catching a king on the turn would not be unplayable in my opinion, definetly worth at least a 500-700 raise (as long as you are the one making it), hopefully they'll all fold but if they don't its very possible they didn't even hit the king but may be on 2nd or 3rd pair or some kind of draw, and putting you on a steal.

only after posting this reply do i realize it's been dead for a month.Boy is my face redwell at least it'll get bumped so all can bask in its greatness.

only after posting this reply do i realize it's been dead for a month.Boy is my face redwell at least it'll get bumped so all can bask in its greatness.
naw, its always fun to revist things that make you laugh uncontrollably
naw, its always fun to revist things that make you laugh uncontrollably
my wife knows about as much about poker as she does about quantum physics (she's bad at math) and she thinks that JFarrell is a retard. No offense to the mentally challenged out there.

I never had any real contact with JFarrell20, and stayed in the shadows while others who knew him better ran his pathetic ass out of the forum. Is he not already missed? Ice

damn i must have missed something...when/why did jfarrell get banned? JW executing natural selection?
JFarrell's last starw was a day a few weeks ago when he was starting really useless threads in gen pop lik "FCP condoms" or "FCP Strap-ons". I only kinda miss him, as my post count is much larger from flaming him incessantly, but I don't miss him all that much because I really hate banging my head against a wall with people who think that they're smart when everything that they say and do completely contradicts that
Calling 100 to possibly win 900 (when I have over 4K in chips) isn't a bad play at all. Sure, if I flop just a K or a 6, I'm not happy and I'll probably give it up, but if I land two pairs or better I'm feeling pretty good.
The same can be said about any two hole cards.If you want to defend calling every SB on account of the fact that the BB hasn't raised often in your limited experience with him, go ahead. It's just as absurd to rationalize a call with 4/7o; debatably more so.There's probably more substance to the argument that folding without a bet is worthwhile. There are situations where it's a reasonable move. If you're at the river in a 3 way pot, you've got something like 5 high and there are two short stacks left who could potentially knock each other out; and you're around the bubble, by all means. There is at least some remote chance that you could pick up this pot still. The chance of someone using the information of your fold to knock someone out is so remote that it isn't worth consideration. It has some extremely marginal value, but hardly enough to warrant analysis; nevermind serious consideration.edit: and i just realized now that it's old. oops.
Oh, how I missed this thread...Thank you for reviving it. I feel...nostalgic 8)
Yeah, sometimes I think we all miss JFarrell for gems like this. Come on, someone go bump the two pair thread!

Being new to the forum. Everwhere I go I hear of the legendary JFarrel. This post is bad but the one were 2 overpairs beats trips is pure comedy. I see now why he is dubbed "The Village Idiot" :club:

Ridiculously, he's not alone with this idea. Last week on Paradise, I was in a ring NL game and this one guy would sometimes open with a fold. I finally asked him what was up and he told me he wanted the others to tangle without him getting in the way...genius.

I fold if I take a flop from the SB or BB with like 53o and the board comes AKQ or 3 of the same suit.Not like it matters though, how Farrel puts it. I just do it cause I'm gonna fold anyways.- Jordan