Jj On The Button, Limpers, Re-raisers 10 High Flop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t24157)SB (t12285)BB (t8535)UTG (t12065)UTG+1 (t10731)MP1 (t6755)MP2 (t9523)MP3 (t40425)CO (t12235)Preflop: Hero is Button with Jclub.gif, Jspade.gif. UTG calls t400, 3 folds, MP3 calls t400, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1600, 2 folds, UTG raises to t4825, MP3 folds, Hero calls t3200.Flop: (t10200) 3club.gif, Theart.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)UTG bets t7240 (All-In), ?????????????????????Results to follow

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t24157)SB (t12285)BB (t8535)UTG (t12065)UTG+1 (t10731)MP1 (t6755)MP2 (t9523)MP3 (t40425)CO (t12235)Preflop: Hero is Button with Jclub.gif, Jspade.gif. UTG calls t400, 3 folds, MP3 calls t400, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1600, 2 folds, UTG raises to t4825, MP3 folds, Hero calls t3200.Flop: (t10200) 3club.gif, Theart.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)UTG bets t7240 (All-In), ?????????????????????Results to follow
really tough spot.. we're getting about 2.5-1.. but we are likely WA/WB.. any reads on the on UTG? AK is the only hand i can see UTG limp/reraising that we beat. I probably fold this, but I'm a nit.

Don't have any clue on how UTG plays, no notes, been at the table for 5 minutes and never seen him show down. I had to assume he is a standard player with a standard range etc.

AK is the only hand i can see UTG limp/reraising that we beat.
I was first going to suggest AT playing back at us, if we had been stealing a lot of limper money, but since you're new to the table I think that's quite unlikely.So, 16 hands we beat (AK) vs. 24 hands that beat us (TT-AA, excluding the one drawing JJ). For AK, this is a daring play, whereas for the other hands it is a very natural play to make. So if we say AK is about half as likely, then the odds are 8:24 = 1:3, and we have to fold. Against a very aggresive opponent who might make this play more regularly with AK or even with weaker hands, it might turn into a call, but in the absence of reads I would certainly fold here.(Edit: Slight mistake, with the one ten out there are of course 21 hands in the range TT-AA that beat us, not 24.)What about the preflop play? Would it be too tight to fold to the reraise?

against a complete unknown, it's a ridiculously hard spot here..."standard" players don't try the UTG limp/reraise trick usually unless they have aces or kings, but then again there are some nutcases that will try to resteal this way, or other players who might do this with A-K, and the flop shove is completely predeterminedhonestly, my very best advice to avoid this spot next time by either shoving or folding pf, instead of just calling the re-raise...just calling would be best if villain were deeper, but he doesn't have enough chips to do anything except open-shove any flopi think i'd call because we aren't in horrible shape even if we lose, and then make sure to note what he had for future reference

I don't think he plays QQ like this, of course it is possible he has AA or KK. I've seen this play though with small pairs as well. It is also possible that he has AK. If he has AK it's a blassy play here. This looks soooooooo much like AA or KK. This is probably one of my leaks, well more than likely but I call, curiousity gets the best of me here.

IMO, it would take a complete lunatic to limp re-raise with anything but AA, or KK (and maybe AK). You are probably crushed, or racing, so I'd fold pre-flop. You did a small pf raise and you still have a big stack to play with.As played, I'd fold the flop bet.

Ok this is my analysis of my own hand:The button raise was obviously standard.Calling the re-raise from UTG was a mistake, I should of folded to this raise because if a 'standard' player does this then I have to be crushed, or at best racing. There is no real advantage calling other than hoping to hit a set, but the stacks aren't deep enough to make this worth while.Once the flop came, I had to fold. Despite being left with an exactly average stack if I called, it had been increasingly obvious I was beat.So I folded this hand post flop (one opportunity too late).Results:As I folded the hand, I typed in the chat box 'JJ' in a hope to get him to show his hand. In this case, he did show his hand. He held QQ.

I don't think he plays QQ like this, of course it is possible he has AA or KK. I've seen this play though with small pairs as well. It is also possible that he has AK. If he has AK it's a blassy play here. This looks soooooooo much like AA or KK. This is probably one of my leaks, well more than likely but I call, curiousity gets the best of me here.
FMP :club: