She Looks Great, But Can She Win?

$2/$5 $500 live. Hero has +/- $1,000; villain has +/- $670 ... hero covers all other relevant stacks.Situation: main game of must move game. Locals are complaining about the tight, tight games. Hero and villain came from same feeder table and have both been at this table for half hour or better. Typecasting: - As far as they know, hero is TAG, but hiding LAG well - Villain is aggressive but I haven't seen him junk it up much or get luckyHero is in LP with AK off. UTG raises to $30, call, call, call ... hero re-raises to $120. The PLAN was to just TID or get AA and KK to shove and get it over with. Call, call, call.OK, so ... the good news is that table is NO LONGER tight, four people seeing a flop with me and we're playing for everything, I have position, a $500 pot, a table of people complaining about tight play, and no pair PF. Flop: A88, two spades. Hey, great .... now we have a pair.UTG bets $100. UTG+1 thinks forever and folds. Second monkey folds. I quickly raise to $300. Villain goes in the tank for about five minutes. He's either really weak and going to make a move, or really strong and is Hollywooding it pretty good. I honestly can't tell. At the end of his tankage, he announces ALL IN. It's another $450 to call, and hero feels pretty sick right about now.

The stack size or your math is wrong. It should be $350 to call if he had 670-120 (pre)-300 (flop bet) = $250.$250 is an isntacall.Also, raise more preflop if you plan to take it down. I'd raise to at least $150 here. $180 would be a pot sized raise.Oh, did I say instacall?

The stack size or your math is wrong. It should be $350 to call if he had 670-120 (pre)-300 (flop bet) = $350.$350 is an isntacall.Also, raise more preflop if you plan to take it down. I'd raise to at least $150 here. $180 would be a pot sized raise.Oh, did I say instacall?
Yeah, that's a real sneaky reraise here. We made the pot a full-buyin preflop and we start 1/6 pot leading and 1/2 pot reraising. sneaky sneaky.

I don't think KK is out of the realm of possibility. I can't see UTG having an 8 unless he has 2 of them...but still, why raise utg with 88. Maybe he has AsKs or AsQs.Still impossible to not call the all in.You should have the "call any bet" box checked on this one. This is our flop.

The stack size or your math is wrong. It should be $350 to call if he had 670-120 (pre)-300 (flop bet) = $350.$350 is an isntacall.Also, raise more preflop if you plan to take it down. I'd raise to at least $150 here. $180 would be a pot sized raise.Oh, did I say instacall?
I think the arithmetic is wrong here. He started with $670...called $120 (down to $550) preflop. Leads out for $100 (down to $450)..was raised $200 more to $300 meaning to call he would be left with $250....but he shoved. It is $250 for Hero to call which is instacall.Did I misread?$670($120)$550--------------->has this total going into the flopHe bet $100, we raised to $300, then he is all in for $550 total...meaning $250 more for us to call.Even if it was $350 it is still a call in my book. As it is being $250, it justifies a call even more.
The stack size or your math is wrong. It should be $350 to call if he had 670-120 (pre)-300 (flop bet) = $250.$250 is an isntacall.Also, raise more preflop if you plan to take it down. I'd raise to at least $150 here. $180 would be a pot sized raise.Oh, did I say instacall?
FMP
Meh, I ****ed up his chip count. Bets are the same. Ends up being $450 to me to call his all in.

if you're going to re-raise pf, with all the callers in between i say you have to make it around $150-200 hereas played, i'm never getting away from this with the amount of money you have put in the pot already

I can't believe no one else suggested this yet but maybe you should think about folINSTACALL!
OK, so this isn't as tough as I thought. I called after pondering it for a couple minutes. I really felt while making the call that we were chopping or he had AQ and stepped on his dick. He had AT. Turn: A. river: brick. Chop chop. What do you think of his play?
OK, so this isn't as tough as I thought. I called after pondering it for a couple minutes. I really felt while making the call that we were chopping or he had AQ and stepped on his dick. He had AT. Turn: A. river: brick. Chop chop. What do you think of his play?
You're sneaky $300 raise got you that pot.

I think his play was questionable, but see why he did it. However, if you guys chopped the pot, you were screwed. Your king played. :club:

Am I missing something here?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but both players had two pair, aces and eights. However, hero's kicker, the king beat the villain's 10.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but both players had two pair, aces and eights. However, hero's kicker, the king beat the villain's 10.
LOLAMENTS.Turn is an Ace sir, both players had full houses. He WAS scooping on the flop, not the turn. Both players were freerolling their hole cards after they both made Aces full of 8s on the turn.

My favorite sequence is getting it AI against an idiot with AT here. The A turns and I'm like "great, that card just cost me half of the pot!" and then the T rolls off on the river and I'm just like "@#$*&@#)&$*(@!!!"