Alright, one of the big hands in a TS tourney. Buyin is 340, 468 runners, starting stacks are 5k with 40 minute levels. Stacks are as following:UTG+1: 15kMP: 7kButton: 30k (he's the only one I have any information on, since I got moved to this table not too long ago. He has been playing basically every single hand preflop, calling up to 5-6 BB raises with basically any 2.)Hero: 14kBB: 6kUTG raises to 500 at 100-200, MP calls, button calls, hero looks down at AKo in the SB. I chose to call here because I knew that if I popped and UTG+1 calls (which I thought was fairly likely), then the button is going to call and I'm stuck playing a 9k pot with 11k in my stack OOP postflop against the only 2 people that can bust me at the table with AKo (also known as good times). BB calls.The flop comes Ks 4c 2s. I check, BB checks, UTG+1 bets 1500 into the 2500 pot, MP folds, button calls. I was getting ready to check-call here, but now that the button has called I basically have to pop. I make it 5k, BB folds, and UTG glances at me and says "Well, I guess I'm all in." The button folds and it's back to hero, who has to call 9100.

The way you played it pre flop was so that you could get away from it, correct? What range of hands do you put the all-in player on? AK, KQ, As4s, AA (this one seems pretty darned likely), QQ or a set? It's not an impossible lay down, you have all the fold information you'd need here, but it would depend on the immediate read on the player who shoved. Obv, you have plenty of chips to fight and build at the 100-200 level if you chose to fold.

The way you played it pre flop was so that you could get away from it, correct? What range of hands do you put the all-in player on? AK, KQ, As4s, AA (this one seems pretty darned likely), QQ or a set? It's not an impossible lay down, you have all the fold information you'd need here, but it would depend on the immediate read on the player who shoved. Obv, you have plenty of chips to fight and build at the 100-200 level if you chose to fold.
The range Zimmer gave me yesterday looked something like what you had, along with another flush draw or two. With the price we are getting against his range though and the draw heaviness of the board, it becomes pretty close.Also, his read of my hand becomes fairly important here as well. We can assume he doesn't think I'd have AA/AK/any other hands that usually get 3bet preflop here in my range, so how does that change his shoving range?
The range Zimmer gave me yesterday looked something like what you had, along with another flush draw or two. With the price we are getting against his range though and the draw heaviness of the board, it becomes pretty close.Also, his read of my hand becomes fairly important here as well. We can assume he doesn't think I'd have AA/AK/any other hands that usually get 3bet preflop here in my range, so how does that change his shoving range?
This is a very good point. The fact that you flat called pre flop lessens the chances, in his mind, that you'd have AA, KK, or QQ but AK isn't out of your range here IMHO for the exact reasons you stated in the OP. That is the reason why I think a big pair like AA or a set would be very likely to lead out post flop then three bet all in to get someone off a flush draw. The combo hand (As4s) would make the same play because there's no way he could be drawing dead, and is racing with AA in this spot with two cards to go. I'm interested to hear how this one turned out.

I would add As3s and As5s to the hands that villain could have which would give him plenty of outs to push. With the flush draws and KQ/AK in villain's range, I'd call here.As you said, he probably has your range with the flush draw, a set or AK/KQ here with little worry about AA/KK. If he's on the flush draw, then he can get KQ and maybe AK to lay down.

Because of the way this hand played out, this is a tough decision and there can be arguments to be made to make either the fold or the call. However, if you reraised preflop, you would have a better idea what his possible holdings are, reraising to 2000 preflop still allows you to get away from this hand after the flop as well, not to mention perhaps picking up the pot right then and there. Instead, by trying "to play a small pot" out of position, you end up having to pay more to get the same information you could have preflop. If you raise to 2000 preflop, your likely to get a4s and kq type hands to fold, and now when you bet out on the flop, 3000 or so and get repopped, i think it makes it an easier fold.my two cents. BTW I would fold if I played the hand as stated in OP, feels to me like I'm beat.

Because of the way this hand played out, this is a tough decision and there can be arguments to be made to make either the fold or the call. However, if you reraised preflop, you would have a better idea what his possible holdings are, reraising to 2000 preflop still allows you to get away from this hand after the flop as well, not to mention perhaps picking up the pot right then and there. Instead, by trying "to play a small pot" out of position, you end up having to pay more to get the same information you could have preflop. If you raise to 2000 preflop, your likely to get a4s and kq type hands to fold, and now when you bet out on the flop, 3000 or so and get repopped, i think it makes it an easier fold.my two cents. BTW I would fold if I played the hand as stated in OP, feels to me like I'm beat.
Well, based on the way you described the hand as playing out, I put in 5000 instead of 5500 to get the same amount of information. So by cheaper...you mean marginally so :club:.Even still, repopping preflop has its own merits. I think I'd be more likely to repop preflop if it was a different stack raising UTG+1 (like someone with 5-6k where getting it in preflop isn't the worst thing ever). When I was relaying this hand to Grinder, he was kinda annoyed by a lack of reraising preflop (as he said, "a nit like you should always reraise preflop here"), but like I said, the problem isn't playing exploitively against the original raiser preflop, it's the fact that every time the original raiser calls, the button is going to call too with A2C he called the original raise with preflop. All of a sudden we are looking at a 6-9k pot, at 100-200 blinds, OOP, against the only 2 players at the table who can do serious damage to us in a deepstack situation. I mean, granted, I still put in 25 BBs on the flop and didn't see a turn, which appears to be about the worst possible scenario, so maybe I shouldn't be talking about it.