Tournament Hand-push And Reshovel

this situation came up in a tourney tonight and i realize i really didnt have a clue what i should have done, any help would be nice...new to the table, no real reads on anyonePokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)CO (t6543)Button (t4295)SB (t18118)BB (t3720)Hero (t14093)UTG+1 (t8593)MP1 (t20730)MP2 (t9555)MP3 (t771)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :D , J :club: . Hero calls t400, UTG+1 calls t400, 2 folds, MP3 raises to t746, 2 folds, SB calls t546, BB calls t346, Hero calls t346, UTG+1 raises to t8593, SB folds, BB folds, Hero folds.1/ should i have been the bigstack that pushed2/ failing that should i have called the all in

how many are left? whats the payout structure?open limping AJo is pretty bad. as is youre probably racing for over half your stack.

Wow, Limpin AJo utg is fairly horrible tbh. I basically never open-limp, first in=raise. If you don't feel comfortable playin AJo UTG at a full table then just muck it, but with your stack this shud be a fairly standard raise to 2.5-3bbs.As played, fold to the UTG+1 shove.

dont usually limp there, but short stack had just been crippled, and i usually just limp facing the "inevitable" all in, but as posted ya it looks weak as all get out.Money Bubble had just broken, so about 200 people left.

I fold AJ UTG except in two situations: 1) Limp with AJs early in a tournament, and 2) late in a tournemant if I am the table chip leader, I'll raise AJs or AJo. Otherwise fold because you often end up OOP racing or dominated...

Out of curiosity, what site is this? The raise from 400 to 746 is not a valid raise so it really shouldn't have re-opened the action to you or UTG+1.Nevermind, saw it was PS, but still, I thought they didn't do the 1/2 raise thing in NL.

Out of curiosity, what site is this? The raise from 400 to 746 is not a valid raise so it really shouldn't have re-opened the action to you or UTG+1.Nevermind, saw it was PS, but still, I thought they didn't do the 1/2 raise thing in NL.
MP3 went all-in (It appears there's an ante of 25.), so it's a valid raise.

The questions you asked are irrelevant because the limp is absolutely horrible, and puts you in a tough spot. You have to raise or fold there with AJ. I think raising AJ from UTG is marginal. It's a little better here as a big stack since you want to keep some pressure on your opponents. On the other hand, BB has an M of around 5, so if he has a playable hand here, he's shoving, and you're playing for 1/4 of your stack. I guess my image would be the decider. If I've raised more than a couple times in the last orbit or two, I'd lay down AJ here, otherwise, I raise, and call a shove by either of the short stacks. If a medium or large stack re-raises, I might call, or I might fold depending on reads and stack sizes.As played, I might raise to isolate, but I wouldn't shove. You cant call the UTG+1 iso push in my opinion. It's probably a middle pair or something, but even if it is, I dont want to flip for my whole stack when I'm doing well.

On some sites, an all in that is more than half a min raise constitutes a valid raise. Based on this hand, I would assume that's how it is on PS, although it's never come up for me yet.

ummm...if the BB is 400, how is anything less than 800 (746 in this situation) a valid raise?
Umm....he is all in, maybe?
Umm....he is all in, maybe?
I get that part...I have played this game once or twice before...my point is that without a complete raise, his bet can only be called and not re-raised by any player who's already in the pot...ie the utg+1 who had already limped his way in.The poster before you had already given an explaination that may be true although it doesn't make me very happy with their rules interpretations.
I get that part...I have played this game once or twice before...my point is that without a complete raise, his bet can only be called and not re-raised by any player who's already in the pot...ie the utg+1 who had already limped his way in.The poster before you had already given an explaination that may be true although it doesn't make me very happy with their rules interpretations.
I think the key may be that he doesn't close the betting. SB and BB have yet to act, so they are allowed to raise. Even though they didn't I think the betting remains open because of this.Not sure though, I get yelled at live from time to time. :club: