Top Pair Facing All-in On The River

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.508 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $22.45UTG+1: $23.90MP1: $21.20MP2: $46.70CO: $17.30Button: $37.20SB: $124.15Hero: $35.85Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with A :club: T :D3 folds, MP2 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, MP2 calls.Flop: A :) 3 :D 7 :D ($3.75, 2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets $2, Hero raises to $6, MP2 calls.Turn: 7 :D ($15.75, 2 players)Hero bets $5, MP2 calls.River: 2 :) ($25.75, 2 players)Hero checks, MP2 is all-in $33.95, Hero?Given that I raised preflop then check raised the flop and then lead out on the turn, do you think I should check/call the River? Or in this case check/call all-in.EDIT: Now with stacks!!

Ay this is hard not knowing his table image....eh, I might've bet the river hoping that he'll just call and not raise. If you check, he might think you're getting scared of what he could have and that's why he moved all in. It is very likely that he has you outkicked. He did bet the flop and call your raise, which he prob. wouldn't have done with an underpair (esp. after you raised pre-flop)

If he has a better Ace then why did he push on the river? Especially after I've shown so much aggression and have seem to have given up on the River. I cant help but think that I would probably fold to a half pot bet but call a shove.

What are you beating besides a bluff here?The flush missed but the double-gutted straight draw hit. I stacked someone online with the same flop, only I hit my hand on the turn and was able to move him in. I'd be willing to bet that's what he has.Classic overbet on the river. Lay It Down.

I would instacall this. You're getting 2/1 and you're going to be looking at a busted draw more than 1 in 3.What hands can he have that beat you? AK-AJ? Unlikely. 77? Unlikely but possible. 33, 77 or A7 are the only sensible choices, and there are only 8 possible combinations of them. Then factor in that he could easily reraise with those hands on the flop or turn but rarely would with a flush draw and it weights against those hands a little further.

Hero has less than the pot left on the river. It's not an overbet.
I overlooked that... assumed the stacks were deeper without paying attention to the details ;XIt certainly shifts the decision towards calling, I think the hero should make the call and wince when he sees the 4-5o that beat him. 7X probably raises the turn, so we're not really worried about that. Probably ahead of the villains range.
I overlooked that... assumed the stacks were deeper without paying attention to the details ;XIt certainly shifts the decision towards calling, I think the hero should make the call and wince when he sees the 4-5o that beat him. 7X probably raises the turn, so we're not really worried about that. Probably ahead of the villains range.
To tell you the truth, I think I call this without much thought. This is the play I always make when I think someone is on a draw that missed. When the river comes, I know they will not call a v-bet, but there is a chance they might bluff at the pot. So why not check to them and let them bluff. I think this is a busted draw more times than not. If an ace is all he has then its a weird bet, unless its from a slowplayed ak. I don't see this being a boat ever, unless he hit the a7 boat. I think that this is a call and I expect to see a missed flush draw. We are getting very good odds to call this so I go for it.
What's the point of the turn bet?
This is true too. You need to bet more on the turn, along the lines of 10-12 to see more of where you are at. Make those draws pay more and also can see if the guy really has a hand. Given that he did not raise your small turn bet, I feel almost certain he is on a draw.
This is true too. You need to bet more on the turn, along the lines of 10-12 to see more of where you are at. Make those draws pay more and also can see if the guy really has a hand. Given that he did not raise your small turn bet, I feel almost certain he is on a draw.
You do of course realise that we have the nut flush draw, so most flush draw hands are completely dead?
You do of course realise that we have the nut flush draw, so most flush draw hands are completely dead?
He could have the King flush draw.

Results:

He had A8o.I won.There's nothing wrong with my turn bet.

Thanks for all the constructive responses so far, it was a weird hand.