what the ... ? (wpt tourney)

Would you have preferred he pulled a "Hellmuth" and as soon as Jennifer pushed in... he pop out of his seat and shove his whole stack in the middle?  I mean what's done is done... the guy has the right to take as long as much time as the tournament permits to make a move.  There are a lot of other thing that he could be considering ... everyone should just relax about this a little bit (since none of us were there in person to see what actually happened).
Yes, and someone has the right to run around when they win a two outer and scream and jump around like a donkey. That doesn't make it right. Slowrolling is rude, especially in a tournament this size. And uh, i'm pretty sure Jen was there...
Maybe he's an avid Phil Hellmuth "Hand of the Week" reader.  I back this guy's taking his time with the hand.  Everyone is there to get paid, I'm sure he wasn't doing it to be mean, that's silly.  I'm sure he didn't have JH covered by THAT much, so it could have made or broken his tournement.  It was smart to mull it over a little.  Relax.
I'm a big advocate of thinking things over before making decisions in poker and not doing things without analyzing each move thoroughly first. That being said, this is one of the few exceptions to that rule. What the heck would he be thinking about to take longer than a couple seconds to call? Folding? Please.
It happened like Card Player said it did.George raised one from the button. I was in the big blind with A-T and moved in. We were heads up. He asked me how many chips I had. I counted it down and had 142, 000. He then counted his chips and thought for about 30 seconds more and then called. To say the least I was a little shocked to see Aces. I was a little ticked off but figured I would be in big trouble if I asked him to go outside. lolJennifer Harman
YOu should've asked him to come over to you, and then kick him in the nuts. man what a jagoff. I could understand if someone else was still in the hand, but when your the last to act, man that's just asking to get kickedin teh balls if you ask me
It happened like Card Player said it did.George raised one from the button. I was in the big blind with A-T and moved in. We were heads up. He asked me how many chips I had. I counted it down and had 142, 000. He then counted his chips and thought for about 30 seconds more and then called. To say the least I was a little shocked to see Aces. I was a little ticked off but figured I would be in big trouble if I asked him to go outside. lolJennifer Harman
Nah, you would have crushed him if it went to fisticuffs.BTW, my wife likes your 'do. She has a similar one and I think it looks great on both of you!

so my next question is ...should tournament director's have the right to penalize players who do stuff like that? whether it was stalling to thin the field (although i think they were still at 60+) or just being a complete j@ck@ss with no respect, play like that should not be tolerated....that said, had it happened to annie duke i would have never created this thread

so my next question is ...should tournament director's have the right to penalize players who do stuff like that? whether it was stalling to thin the field (although i think they were still at 60+) or just being a complete j@ck@ss with no respect, play like that should not be tolerated....that said, had it happened to annie duke i would have never created this thread
I doubt you'd be able to create a strong enough argument to make there be a penalty for stalling in this manner (with aces), no matter how bad we feel it is personally.
To say the least!You are being extremely too nice... you had every right to be real ticked at something like that. It's an unfortunate situation in and of itself, and really that was just unnecessary. Someone who has to seriously think about this shouldn't play poker, much less this tournament. But good of you to put on a good face about it... we all know you wanted to jump across the table though :club:

lol. How did you know I wanted to jump across the table.Actually the more I think about it. I really don't think he tried to slow roll me. As weird as this may sounds, I think he was really considering whether to call or not. My table was pretty friendly so I don't think there were any ill feelings between us.Jennifer

...you know any pocket pair below AA against AA is a horrible underdog? and that 78s is the best statisticaly against aces? Also, he wasn't risking all his life, he had her covered
Actually its 67s, but thats just getting picky... :club: It's fairly obvious what he was doing though. If you had an excuse to stare at Jen without being called a perv, wouldn't you take your time too?
...you know any pocket pair below AA against AA is a horrible underdog? and that 78s is the best statisticaly against aces? Also, he wasn't risking all his life, he had her covered
Actually its 67s, but thats just getting picky... :club: It's fairly obvious what he was doing though. If you had an excuse to stare at Jen without being called a perv, wouldn't you take your time too?
Good call.

It should be obvious, he was worried about the Krablar. :spadesa: :clubsa: vs. :heartsk: :hearts3: = No chance.Edit- Jen I hope you had a last longer bet with DN :-)