Ps Sunday Million

PokerStars (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG: 30,950Hero: 29,400Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif. SB posts a blind of 300. BB posts a blind of 600 UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises to 3000, 4 folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.Pot: 9,900Flop: Kspade.gif, 9spade.gif, Tclub.gif(3 players)UTG bets 9,900, MP2 folds, Hero?Villain was loose and unpredictable - we were the two big stacks at the table. What would be your play?

shove, if he's got this hand beat then that's the way it is...he could easily have a king or a draw here

Ugh, I hate that he's another big stack, but I probably just gambool here and shove. If he's loose, he'll call with a king, or perhaps a draw, and you can get your money in good.

First instinct is to shove, but I hate it. I want to fold, but I doubt I could pull the trigger.You have little to no fold equity over his range (and if he folds you have him crushed anyway, so that would be bad), so he has basically shoved for 26,400. You are 'calling' 26,400 into 36,300. You need 42% equity.He leads out into 2 players. This flop is good for a wide part of our range, and he should be aware of this. Ok, now analyse a range.TT/99 very possible. A lot of players will limp these hands in EP, esp. UTG.T9/QJ possible, although a very, very loose call preflop.KK not likely.AK possible but unlikely. We hold two aces, and would he limp with AK?KQ/KJ yes.Flush draw - possible. Most likely to be made with the Ts. How many suited hands can limp/call $3k preflop though?Air - no. Not a chance IMO.Overall, I doubt he is betting pot with a naked spade draw. If he has spades, it will likely be with the Ts, so that's [JsTs, QsTs, AsTs, AsQs, Ts8s]. I doubt he limp/calls £3k with QTs or T8s UTG, and JsTs and AsTs are very questionable but possible. KQs is possible as well, but I really doubt he pots the flop with it. Seems like spew for the most part against the one guy at the table that can bust him. I guess QJ is a possible holding if he is pretty loose.I'm trying to come up with hands you beat, and I see KQ suited, AsQs, AsTs (not likely to call $3k preflop), maaabye a weird AK.Hands that beat you, I see QJ (if KQ is there, QJ and to a lesser extent T9 probably are too), TT, 99.I think his lead is strength, and I think you are struggling to beat too much of his range.99/TT makes the most sense.I think folding is correct, but I'd probably shove.Depends just how loose he is, but if he calls preflop with KQ, then he probably does with QJ at leat some of the time as well.

But do monster hands ever do that on this flop?I don't think QJ would lead for the pot here, to be honest. A set, maybe, but I doubt QJ would, as with most made hands.

PokerStars (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG: 30,950Hero: 29,400Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif. SB posts a blind of 300. BB posts a blind of 600 UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises to 3000, 4 folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.Pot: 9,900Flop: Kspade.gif, 9spade.gif, Tclub.gif(3 players)UTG bets 9,900, MP2 folds, Hero?Villain was loose and unpredictable - we were the two big stacks at the table. What would be your play?
I wouldn't shove my chips in, if I did that it would be preflop. There's a whole bunch of draws and hands that has you beat. He could be milking you on a set, two pair, a straight, or even semi-bluffing. As a big stack at the table I don't want to shove at any time against another big stack unless i know for sure that I have the goods, all you have is a pair of aces. I would not shove here. You should be looking to trap him instead. I will fold and save some chips and pick a different spot. I like to smooth call with A-A sometimes if there is a limper of two. I limp alot anyway and smooth call a lot of raises when I have position. 9,900 is almost 1/3 of your stack. If you shove and he has two pair, a set, a straight or a monster draw, then you are drawing dead, risking your life on one pair.
But do monster hands ever do that on this flop?I don't think QJ would lead for the pot here, to be honest. A set, maybe, but I doubt QJ would, as with most made hands.
Does KQ ever pot the flop? If not, you're looking at a very oddly played AK, or a combo draw.

Im shoving here. But as others said Im not all that happy about it. But my guess is KQ or a pair of 10's with a spade draw. A utg limp with AK would prolly be looking to reraise a raise preflop.

I'm shoving it here. This kind of huge, unexpected donk bet is usually, IMO, a weak hand or a bluff. Even more likely the way the action went preflop I think, and villain's nature as you described it is typical for this. Usually, those kinds of villains will go for a checkraise if they have a big hand. IMO this is a bet that very much does NOT want a call.

How come you decided to raise 5x with aces? I'm not criticizing, just curious. Was this your standard raise, or the table's standard raise?
Standard for me - 3xBB plus 1BB for each limper. Seemed standard with the table also.
Standard for me - 3xBB plus 1BB for each limper. Seemed standard with the table also.
Yeah I'm retarded, don't mind me. I didn't see the limpers.I might give feedback later if I can figure out a good way to play it :club: . I don't think we can fold aces to a single bet here, despite the 2nd grossest flop possible (all suited would be worse, or something like 567spades).
Kestral, you really think he's betting ~40% of his stack on a random bluff or a weak hand after we have shown strength preflop?
Yes, I see it routinely. It's a common way for poor players to try and move you off a hand. If they have a good hand, they will almost always go for the checkraise instead of leading out.