33 On A Scary Board

Bodog 100$ 40k. I have roughly 3.7k blinds are 75/150 118 left with 27 paying and my mindset at this point is to try and chip up and make a run at going deep. Villain has me covered roughly 4.2k he seems like a solid player and is not too active from what I have seen. Im 2 off the button and raise to 420, I have been raising once or twice an orbit and have'nt shown down anything but strong hands. Villain calls in small blind. flop T76 rainbow I bet 750 villain calls turn 7, we both check. I have checked some strong hands behind at this table and then value bet the river with AA with a flush on board etc in past hands. River is a 9 he checks and I shove for roughly 2k.Thoughts?

It's pretty hard for him to call here, but I can easily see him w/ A-T throu T-9. If you think he can lay these hands down (not T-9, obv) then I like the shove.

unless you are convinced he has A-10 or J-J or something like that and think he will fold i hate this play...if he happened to call off with big cards there is no reason to bet, and other than those hands i listed he won't be folding a better hand that he could have called the flop with

based on what I had seen this player do and the way he played the hand I thought he could be calling down with overcards or that he had some small pair with a weak ten at the very top of his range. I shoved thinking that he did'nt have enough of a hand to call and would'nt want to risk 90% of his stack. I think I made a mistake by pushing I think a bet here of 1.2 k has a better shot at working as it looks more likely that I could have an 8 or some other hand that beats his range, and if I am called I still am alive and I don't mind playing the short stack. My push really looked like what it was me trying to run a big bluff that he couldnt call in a hand that he did'nt show in strength and I guess this guy had the balls to call off here.He took forever and ended up calling with 55. It was a good call I guess I thought my play was ok as I was willing to take some risks to chip up but I should have maybe made a smaller bet that looks a little more dangerous I don't know but up to that point I had'nt shoved any hands and had been more active then most of the players at the table.

i check down. you are only called by hands that beat you.
This isn't applicable here as he is trying to fold better hands.He isn't betting for value.

I probably check behind on the river. There's a small chance that we're winning the pot with a check, and IMO checking behind on the turn and then shoving behind on the river smells very bluffy. If you want to take this pot away with an all-in bluff, I would do it on the turn.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Unless my math is off, I think he's getting like over 2-1 on the call? The fact that an 8 is very rarely in your range here, and you obv don't have a 7, I think you get looked up by a strong ten here too often for this to be profitable. I think I check behind and grind the ole shortstack.