What Range Of Hands Do I Need Here?

Playing 1/2 NL at my local B & M. It is now down to 5 handed and this is the last hand before the table breaks. I am in the BB. UTG+1 moves all in for 33.....and the button moves in for 98 dollars. I had a strong feeling that the button was moving in to isolate. However, what range of hands do you call with in the BB? Of course I would love to win the whole pot but I would still make a 66 dollar profit by winning the side pot. Let me know what you think

Playing 1/2 NL at my local B & M. It is now down to 5 handed and this is the last hand before the table breaks. I am in the BB. UTG+1 moves all in for 33.....and the button moves in for 98 dollars. I had a strong feeling that the button was moving in to isolate. However, what range of hands do you call with in the BB? Of course I would love to win the whole pot but I would still make a 66 dollar profit by winning the side pot. Let me know what you think
I really think your ranged is really limited here. There's a chance that these people are trying to compensate for the last hand of the night, but still... I think calling with mediocre hands in this spot would be a leak. I'm thinking QQ, KK, AA only in this spot. I'm pretty sure I'd lay down JJ and AK.
Why get involved?

Well here is what happened. I looked down at QQ and made the call. No one turns the cards over and after the Kd spikes on the river....both guys do. BOTH SHOWING KJo. So I lose on a 2 out river card. I am just wondering what my range to call here. This is not a result oriented question. Did I make the right decision by calling here, or should I of avoided it and laid it down.

Well here is what happened. I looked down at QQ and made the call. No one turns the cards over and after the Kd spikes on the river....both guys do. BOTH SHOWING KJo. So I lose on a 2 out river card. I am just wondering what my range to call here. This is not a result oriented question. Did I make the right decision by calling here, or should I of avoided it and laid it down.
Obviously call with QQ+, including AK. Ye you could dip into 1010 and JJ and probably still be +ev to make the call, but anything lower is playing tournment style poker at a cash game.and BBFIDTS

I would happily call with Jacks and up here, since I think they could make this move with any big ace or even KQ.AK also, and likely AQs

I am just wondering what my range to call here. This is not a result oriented question. Did I make the right decision by calling here, or should I of avoided it and laid it down.
You are obviously results oriented or you wouldn't have posted this since you made a call and were ahead of both players.BBFIDTS

It was a good call in the long run, since QQ will beat two players with KJ 75% of the time. Like I said, I would generally call with QQ, KK, or AA in this situation. Unless I knew one of them was super tight, then I'd go with KK or AA only. Most of the time I'd laydown JJ and AK.

Obviously call with QQ+, including AK. Ye you could dip into 1010 and JJ and probably still be +ev to make the call, but anything lower is playing tournment style poker at a cash game.and BBFIDTS
I would happily call with Jacks and up here, since I think they could make this move with any big ace or even KQ.AK also, and likely AQs
i think you two might be playing a little too loose. Unless the guy is a maniac calling with 1010 or AQ is pretty much never good here .
You wouldn't get involved if you woke up with AA or KK in this spot? It'd be a missed opportunity.
The table was breaking. I have a 100% chance of not winning my money back if I lose. Pay attention to this, cause I saw a dude go from $850 to $66 in two hands just the other night again, and he had them racked and was leaving the table but decided to play "his last hand." First hand, he got sucked out on, then he steamed and said "one more hand." Second hand, he made an insane river bluff into trips that gave him action from the flop onward. From a few bills short of a grand to a tank of gas. If you're leaving, if the table's breaking, put your chips on lockdown.
If you're leaving, if the table's breaking, put your chips on lockdown.
That's cool. But in my opinion, if I have a chance to get my money in where i'm a huge favorite, I don't care if it causes me to have a losing session. My job is to get the most out of every opportunity. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of a long session or at the end of a long session; if I have a chance to get all my money in preflop with AA, I'll take it.
The table was breaking. I have a 100% chance of not winning my money back if I lose. Pay attention to this, cause I saw a dude go from $850 to $66 in two hands just the other night again, and he had them racked and was leaving the table but decided to play "his last hand." First hand, he got sucked out on, then he steamed and said "one more hand." Second hand, he made an insane river bluff into trips that gave him action from the flop onward. From a few bills short of a grand to a tank of gas. If you're leaving, if the table's breaking, put your chips on lockdown.
I completely understand that. So you dump queens here? Just so you know I bet that we play at the same card room if you play live. I am from Des Moines also. Actually live in Altoona.
How is this wrong? Let me count the ways:1. Who cares if the table is breaking. It's all one big session until you die.2. So you "pay attention" to one guy taking a bad beat, then steaming and you think it's suddenly the right play to start folding big hands. Here's a solution - don't steam after your bad beats!3. The OP is not asking "should I play", but "how big of a hand do I need". If you're leaving "put your chips on lockdown" Seriously? Then the second you decide it's time to go home, get up and leave the table. Muck your aces and go home.4. The situation was pretty clearly described, and the fact that everyone knows it's the last hand very likely means that people are going to play weak hands. QQ is a monster 5 handed - doublely so here.
This does not apply.If you're sitting at the table, you're there to play cards. If you're worried about "protecting your chips" becuase you're almost ready to leave, then just get up and go. If you're not willing to play a hand as you'd normally play it, then you shouldn't be at the table.Going on tilt and donking off chips is his own fault. There's nothing wrong with getting sucked out on (or putting yourself in a position to do so) as long as you played the hand correctly.Knowingly passing up what is likely a profitable situation (like the one in the OP) becuase you're ready to go or the game is ending is just 100% totally wrong.If you're not willing to play cards, then get up from the table.
How is this wrong? Let me count the ways:1. Who cares if the table is breaking. It's all one big session until you die.2. So you "pay attention" to one guy taking a bad beat, then steaming and you think it's suddenly the right play to start folding big hands. Here's a solution - don't steam after your bad beats!3. The OP is not asking "should I play", but "how big of a hand do I need". If you're leaving "put your chips on lockdown" Seriously? Then the second you decide it's time to go home, get up and leave the table. Muck your aces and go home.4. The situation was pretty clearly described, and the fact that everyone knows it's the last hand very likely means that people are going to play weak hands. QQ is a monster 5 handed - doublely so here.
Agreed on all 4 points. Your goal in NLHE Cash games is to make as many +EV decisions as possible.
i feel assaultedi was only half-seriousand only half-joking

I seriously hope you were only half kidding mt, though it didnt seem like it from your first posts. In a five handed game i would call both all ins with Jacks+ easily. I'd probably get it in there with AKs and os too depending on the players demeanor. If they seem like they're just getting it on because its the last hand and are very vocal that that is what they're doing, then you're never folding AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs and os - ever (especially if you think they're holding some of the same cards). 5 Handed, those hands are monsterous 24/7.