update on kurt (suited up) in las vegas

Oh a good one from the other post!
Annie was on her way to a PhD in linguistics. What she said was designed to make people like you tell other people about what she said and draw attention to her issue.
Therefore having a PHD in linguistics teaches you how to manipulate a reader? wrongundistributed middle (one of my favorite)not to mention the hasty generalization
haha ironically, i had to quit the argument becuase i had philosophy class at 12 30...I also take logic as well and reading what absolute said and what Smash said...Absolute is by FAR more intelligable on this subject and on many others as well.Smash also commits the fallacy of composition on a daily basis. This deals closely with poster who mentioned presuppositions... It's literally all he does.And of course he's too ignorant to see it because of the basic socratic idea that those who are wise know they know nothing...You can't disprove this smash, sorry. I welcome some sort of attempt, but you just can't and any sign of trying further proves my point of your own ignorance.
There is a little bit more to that Socratic idea, but it's pretty spot on.I should have stopped this discussion with Smash when he claimed to have read 'Critique of Practical Reason' at age 8. And then asked if a university uses it as if this book hasn't been studied and analyzed by some of the most brilliant people to have lived for over 100 years.of course smash figured it out at 8.yeah, right
Humour. Welcome aboard. Now perhaps you guys can spend 5 pages discussing whether Smash was being ironic, sarcastic or facetious.
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's about time you said"i'm never posting here again"but if you stay, maybe we could talk about the works of Kant.We could start with Critique of Practical Reason, I am guessing you have a msterful understanding of it seeing as how you read it at 8.

Nothing you say is knowledge based... its all based on opinion, experience and its obviously presented in a crappy well actually "good" form of rhetoric. What on Earth are you talking about?It's not that I don't understand what you're attempting to say, just that I don't see your point as even vaguely accurate.It sounds good if you don't put much thought into it, though.Huh. What's the word for that, again? Irony?
of course you don't see it! That's perfect, it only proved my point to other readers...You wil not see past your ignorance if you can not drop your ego and take in an problem and argue it dialecticly...I'm saying that every response that you make is pure rhetoric crap... it's based on opinion and experience and of no knowledge.You do not prove anything by knowledge, you only disprove by opinion.Nice way to continue this hilarious act that you do everyday by not admitting to what i said was true or tyring to accept it, but disprove it and be like uhhh it has no relevance. HOW can it not??Really, keep replying, its making my proving of my point really easy on me.
Quiznos > Subway
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!! thats just crossing the line right there!! no way is quiznos better then subwayThats like saying your pocket dueces :clubs2: :diamonds2: are dominating my pocket :spadesa: :hearts8: preflopwow..... :club::D:D:D hehe And i cant believe this turned into 7 pages of intelectual bikering that makes the people doing it seem a hell of alot less smart then they looked at the begging of the day.... wow...........

hell you pick the book.because philisophical logic really isn't too interesting for me, as i find that is primarily semantics.good writers care less about grammar than content.etc.im not going to argue logical fallacy with you anymore, because everyone is constantly guilty of them. this is a truth. and that was a fallacy.

This whole post is pretty much a perfect example of the ad hominem fallacy.he is using myself as a platform to "win" his argument rather than focusing on the argument itself.No, it's really not.It's stunning how you can't even grasp a simple concept. An ad hominem fallacy involves arguing against a concept because of the advocate of the concepts characteristics.for me to be guilty of such a fallacy I'd have to say something like "Absolute's argument is pointless, he's an idiot."What I'm doing is just demonstrating how you're an idiot. I'm not using it as a foundation for anything. I'm not discredtiting any of your arguemnts becuae you're an idiot.You see?If someone says 2+2=9 and I say "John is black, and 2+2=4" that's not a fallacy. You see? I'm not saying that because John is black that 2+2=4. Understand yet?Have I made it simple enough, yet?my new favorite is"Shame you're apparently not bright enough to see that, but whatever"perfect logical argument smash[/.b]Yet again, not an argument.Merely an observation.Perhaps you should check the definition of "argument" that might help. I doubt it, though.

Really, keep replying, its making my proving of my point really easy on me.To recap, your point is that everything I say is pointless rhetoric which you're attempting to demonstrate with pointless rhetoric?Just checking.you're right, it is funny stuff.Help me out here, though. What could I post that wouldn't be pointless rhetoric in this sort of argument?

fine, pocket 8s can dominate pocket 2s BUT on full tilt pocket 7's always hit so i got you there Quiznos boyi'm not even reading the smash/other guy posts anymore or i'd probably fall asleep like i do in classroom lectures, i'm just scanning for food arguments.Buffalo Wings > any other wings ever?

there are all kinds of (seeing as it is the most common) ad hominem fallacies, but im not surprised you failed to mention this.you are half right in what you say it is.if you attack my intelligence before going in to your explanation, you are guilty of the fallacy.if you mention that you thought i was wrong in a previous argument in order to further assert yourself in the current one, you are guilty of a fallacy.if you use your profession or position to assert a non-sequetor, you are commiting a fallacy.get it yet?

i think this argument is better suited for www.fullcontactsemantics.comNah. It's barely an argument. It's me beating up on random people because I'm bored.It's not a fair fight really and it's kind of sadistic of me. I should have said "Ok, whatever you say" long ago, but it's a slow news day.

Really, keep replying, its making my proving of my point really easy on me.To recap, your point is that everything I say is pointless rhetoric which you're attempting to demonstrate with pointless rhetoric?Just checking.you're right, it is funny stuff.Help me out here, though. What could I post that wouldn't be pointless rhetoric in this sort of argument?
How am I demonstrating it with pointless rhetoric?? Platonic and Socratic Philosophy and logic is Rhetoric?? Wait... weren't they the exact opposite of the sophists and their rhetoric?? LOL, so many phil. majors would get a KICK out of you Smash... oo man haha.
i think this argument is better suited for www.fullcontactsemantics.comNah. It's barely an argument. It's me beating up on random people because I'm bored.It's not a fair fight really and it's kind of sadistic of me. I should have said "Ok, whatever you say" long ago, but it's a slow news day.
ok, whatever you say smash.good post.

i cannot argue about pizza joints i have never heard of.however, we have a place here open 24 hrs and you can get pizzas for $5. not some crummy small thin crust no toppings crap. like a full loaded pizza. college is awesome

if you attack my intelligence before going in to your explanation, you are guilty of the fallacy.if you mention that you thought i was wrong in a previous argument in order to further assert yourself in the current one, you are guilty of a fallacy.if you use your profession or position to assert a non-sequetor, you are commiting a fallacy.Yeah done none of those.You see?Is laughing at you because this is your third or fourth post afater saying "I'm done here" a fallacy?I mean I know it isn't, it's just funny, biut I really want to see you say it is one.Please?

i cannot argue about pizza joints i have never heard of.however, we have a place here open 24 hrs and you can get pizzas for $5. not some crummy small thin crust no toppings crap. like a full loaded pizza. college is awesome
Pizza Patrol owns, btw Mankato sux ballz
ok, whatever you say smash.good post.Aww, poor thing.Way to take the moral highround. Are you done here? Um, again?Hahahahah.Man, it's so EASY. I feel kind of guilty, avutaly.
this is my last post here.ever.now, you see, that was me making fun of you.now im laughingthanks for good times.im out like smasharoo in a logic contest!peace
How am I demonstrating it with pointless rhetoric?? Platonic and Socratic Philosophy and logic is Rhetoric?? Wait... weren't they the exact opposite of the sophists and their rhetoric?? LOL, so many phil. majors would get a KICK out of you Smash... oo man haha.
Phew, finally got Smash on an obvious contradiction which proved so many other things beyond its face value. Ill take your silence as acceptance Smash, I'm off to play some party.
Pizza Patrol owns, btw Mankato sux ballz
haha, sorry, i have never been to "Hell" so i dont know what their pizza parlors look like there
if you attack my intelligence before going in to your explanation, you are guilty of the fallacy.if you mention that you thought i was wrong in a previous argument in order to further assert yourself in the current one, you are guilty of a fallacy.if you use your profession or position to assert a non-sequetor, you are commiting a fallacy.Yeah done none of those.You see?Is laughing at you because this is your third or fourth post afater saying "I'm done here" a fallacy?I mean I know it isn't, it's just funny, biut I really want to see you say it is one.Please?
this logical sh!te is way over my head but....Didn't you say/imply that you would never post at FCP again?...sorry speedz...I'm back...slow news day. :-)