(day 2) 2007 Wsop Event#16 H.o.r.s.e. $2,500 (daniel Updates)

Amazingly when he tries to play two live tournaments at the same time he gets knocked out of the one he was doing well in.Who would have thunk it?Not that I'd do any better of course...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early position limps, David Chiu raises in middle position, and the blinds (Daniel Negreanu in the small blind, Darrell "Gigabet" Dicken in the big blind) and the EP player all call. The flop is K :) J :D 7 :). Negreanu checks, Gigabet bets, Chiu calls and Negreanu calls all in.The turn is 2 :). Both check on the side.The river is 7 :D, Gigabet bets and Chiu folds. Gigabet has K :D K :club: 3 :D 3 :icon_dance: for two pair, and Negreanu mucks. He's eliminated and Gigabet is up to 45,000.The second nuts with just two pair, amazing!

Ill bet you have a better story.
I do. I just cashed in this event. I was one table over from Daniel. It was pretty crazy. One minute I looked over there and he had a pretty huge stack. The next minute I looked over and his seat was empty. I managed to muddle along below average the whole way into the money. Obviously not Daniel's M.O. I also had the pleasure of busting Scotty Nguyen, which is nice.I heard Daniel talking about the dinner break situation. He was pissed. Not only did it screw up his plans to play more, but he had told other people they could buy in and play a decent amount at the 5K Holdem during the dinner break.Backslider
I do. I just cashed in this event. I was one table over from Daniel. It was pretty crazy. One minute I looked over there and he had a pretty huge stack. The next minute I looked over and his seat was empty. I managed to muddle along below average the whole way into the money. Obviously not Daniel's M.O. I also had the pleasure of busting Scotty Nguyen, which is nice.I heard Daniel talking about the dinner break situation. He was pissed. Not only did it screw up his plans to play more, but he had told other people they could buy in and play a decent amount at the 5K Holdem during the dinner break.Backslider
nice work sir.......now win
Thanks for sharing. TID!
Real name and seating assignment for tomorrow so FCP can rail you? thnx, TID
OT tournament update: Phil Hellmuth is 3rd in chips with 21 players left in the $1500 NLH event.
hate to say it but he is an amazing tourney player.. TID !
quit bragging and win the fucking thing !
Thanks for sharing. TID!
Hmm... I should have been more clear. When I said "I just cashed".. I meant that I actually had the cash in my pocket alreday. I went out around 2am. Just before David Williams, John D'Agostino, et. al.But, considering the tough field, and that it is my first WSOP cash (second WSOP tourny), I am still pretty happy. First step, cash. Second step, win one. (Sorry for bragging, it will be the only time.)I haven't looked to see if Daniel has a new video blog, but I have a feeling his next one isn't going to be very upbeat. Backslider

I'm looking forward to hearing how DN justifies trying to do the double rather than focusing on a tourney he was fighting for the chip lead in. When he first announced he was signing up for the $5K Limit tourney I was critical of the decision. He is having some real issues when he gets a decent amount of chips in this WSOP. Hope he can get his head together soon. I'm a big fan of Daniel's but must say he lost some respect yesterday.