How Should I Deal With Hands Like This?

I have QQ, raise 3x, some donk who's been calling every pot with crap calls. (I won't state the stakes here, but he'd won about double his buyin getting lucky, then lost all of that plus half of his original buyin.. so now he continues to play every pot). Flop comes J 9 3 rainbow. I'm shortstacked, sick of this guy, so I push it in. Turn comes a blank, river comes an Ace. He showed A6 offsuit. How do I deal with donks that call pre-flop raises and post-flop enormous bets with crap? I just don't understand it and it seriously pisses me off.

To reiterate: BBFIDTS.Also, I'm guessing it's just really low stakes. You should want him calling all day with ace high. Longrun vs. Shortrun :club:

Value bet the hell out of them and don't bluff. You should be happy when they're making calls when they're way behind. Play for the long run, not the short run.

Value bet the hell out of them and don't bluff. You should be happy when they're making calls when they're way behind. Play for the long run, not the short run.
QFT.It sucks when they do hit, but in the long run, these are the people you want to be playing against.

Keep doing what you're doing. The more often you get moneyin with the best hand and your opponent is drawing slim, the more money you'll make. That's exactly what you want consistently in cash games.

Keep doing what you're doing. The more often you get moneyin with the best hand and your opponent is drawing slim, the more money you'll make. That's exactly what you want consistently in cash games.
I hope so, so far more than 50% of the time they suck out.
I find this hard to believe. You probably aren't counting the times you are a huge favorite and expect to win and actually do hold up. People tend to dwell more on the bad beats and that's really not how you want to play poker.

How should you deal with it? In theory you should be happy when your opponents put their money in bad. In reality it sucks, but still, just remember that donkey's like this are why we make money in poker. Yeah, they win sometimes, and it seems like they win more than their fair share, but if you really kept track, in the long run, the luck will even out. Just keep doing what you're doing. Try to not let it affect you. It happens to all of us!

I have QQ, raise 3x, some donk who's been calling every pot with crap calls. (I won't state the stakes here, but he'd won about double his buyin getting lucky, then lost all of that plus half of his original buyin.. so now he continues to play every pot). Flop comes J 9 3 rainbow. I'm shortstacked, sick of this guy, so I push it in. Turn comes a blank, river comes an Ace. He showed A6 offsuit. How do I deal with donks that call pre-flop raises and post-flop enormous bets with crap? I just don't understand it and it seriously pisses me off.
Sometimes the donks win.
and thats why they keep coming back!!!
I think it's always good to remember that our edge isn't THAT big and that we don't win every hand, every night we play. Sat night I sat down with a guy who took $400 off me in $1/2 NL on Tues by outdrawing me in three consecutive hands. He gets up immediately and says, "I'm not staying. You outplayed me in every pot last time. I just got lucky." Sometimes the fish can be cagey, too.
I think it's always good to remember that our edge isn't THAT big and that we don't win every hand, every night we play. Sat night I sat down with a guy who took $400 off me in $1/2 NL on Tues by outdrawing me in three consecutive hands. He gets up immediately and says, "I'm not staying. You outplayed me in every pot last time. I just got lucky." Sometimes the fish can be cagey, too.
A frugal donkey!?!? I don't think it gets much scarier than that. :club:
A frugal donkey!?!? I don't think it gets much scarier than that. :club:
I hate it when they're smart enough to take the money and not play with you again. I REALLY hate it when they announce it to an entire table of unknowns.
In the long run, he'll hit his 3-outer on you 12% of the time or so. A6 calling all-in on that flop??? Stalk that guy and buy-in at every table he's playing.

its obvious OP hasnt played poker long enough. I used to get mad like you, wondering why when I had a huge edge, and some donk tried his hardest to give me his money, but the cards didnt cooperate. It happens. Thats the beauty of the game.

Fold Queens. Duh.If bad players NEVER won, they would no longer play, and then some of us would be out of a job. So take your knocks, keep getting it in at 87% and smile when you lose. Just remember to not go on super monkey aggro life tilt when it happens, like me.

I find this hard to believe. You probably aren't counting the times you are a huge favorite and expect to win and actually do hold up. People tend to dwell more on the bad beats and that's really not how you want to play poker.
agreed, you need to put this one hand out of your mind and continue playing a good game, it sounds like it's mmicro limits to me so don't beat yourself up about it. If that is the worst bad beat you can complain about, then buddy you will come across far worse than that in future but that's why we like fish at our tables right?
He showed A6 offsuit. How do I deal with donks that call pre-flop raises and post-flop enormous bets with crap? I just don't understand it and it seriously pisses me off.
If you're feeling angry and frustrated a lot, just quit playing those games. You have to remember that losing the pot isn't a reflection on you. I find that when I'm really in the groove and thinking from the perspective of my opponents, I can enjoy their wins vicariously. Obviously, that works a lot better in B&M games.
You have to remember that losing the pot isn't a reflection on you. I find that when I'm really in the groove and thinking from the perspective of my opponents, I can enjoy their wins vicariously. Obviously, that works a lot better in B&M games.
Mike Caro says that he roots his opponents on. And then sincerely congratulates them if they put a bad beat on him. That way he doesn't tilt and plus he assures himself that it's +EV to play with that guy.
Mike Caro says that he roots his opponents on. And then sincerely congratulates them if they put a bad beat on him. That way he doesn't tilt and plus he assures himself that it's +EV to play with that guy.
I don't read poker books, but one thing I've wanted to do is start congratulating people who bust me and shaking peoples hands when I bust them. It's just an impulse I have that I haven't followed up on. Maybe I'm too nice.