Shannon Shorr Breaks Back

I broke my back before. Mine didnt have booze involved, but I was 15 and stupid! Jumped out of a window sneaking out to see some girls, was 27 feet.Anyways, I read his blog and will be VERY surprised if he plays any events other than maybe the ME. I was in the hospital for 5 days straight and then basically laid in my bed for 3 weeks barely able to move and hopped up on morphine, vicodin and other drugs.

I broke my back before. Mine didnt have booze involved, but I was 15 and stupid! Jumped out of a window sneaking out to see some girls, was 27 feet.Anyways, I read his blog and will be VERY surprised if he plays any events other than maybe the ME. I was in the hospital for 5 days straight and then basically laid in my bed for 3 weeks barely able to move and hopped up on morphine, vicodin and other drugs.
That is an awesome story to tell though!!!

I just read on cardplayer he is playing in an event today. From Cardplayer, Limit hold 'emDespite being laid-up in a wheel chair, cast and back brace, Shannon Shorr had no problems raking pots as he was off to good start by the end of Level 1. Jim Meehan was yet another late arrival, and as he finally took his seat, another player yelled, “Hey Jim, you know how to play limit?” Meehan replied, “There’s no better time to learn…I have nowhere else to go.” A whimsical anticdote considering Meehan won the LA Poker Classic limit events in both 1995 and 1998, not to mention he was the runner-up in the limit event at the 1997 World Series of Poker.

I just read on cardplayer he is playing in an event today.
Yeah I meant after today. His blog said he was playing today, I gotta think the meds are gonna affect him and if they don't then the pain should. Maybe not though, I like his blog and hope he does fine.
Yeah I meant after today. His blog said he was playing today, I gotta think the meds are gonna affect him and if they don't then the pain should. Maybe not though, I like his blog and hope he does fine.
I play good poker high. As long as you keep your wits about you, you'll be more willing to gamble when the time comes to gamble. I am not saying i play better high, but i do play well high. Then again, my friend sat down at an hu lhe table against Antonius was he was high. Lost like 25k before finally leaving.
I'm surprised also but if your a professional poker player, the WSOP is too tempting to miss, even if you will be a fish.

I must be a degenerate cause my first thought was to keep the pot away from him and make him reach for it. He wouldn't last 4 hours

I must be a degenerate cause my first thought was to keep the pot away from him and make him reach for it. He wouldn't last 4 hours
I was gonna go with the craps stick through the wheel but not bad