Ufc 71 Who Will Win?

UFC 71 Light Heavyweight Title  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win it?

• Chuck Liddell
    • Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

WHO'S THE MAN, I'M THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will admit, I've been a huge Rampage fan for a long time, but man, did quinton look great. He wasn't fazed at all by what Chuck was throwing at him, and I'm really looking forward to Rampage as the champ. This now brings up some great fights as a Henderson/Rampage fight will be great (i'm a big fan of henderson), a Tito/Rampage fight could very possibly break PPV buy rate records for UFC. Both of those guys can talk up a fight and I have no doubt that FOrrest Griffen will fight against Jackson, which will also be a great fight.TOnight overall rocked. Every fighter brought their A game and man, Din Thomas put in a great Arm Bar. I'm a big fan of submissions and the technique he used on that arm bar was perfect. I was also impressed with Terry Martin yet again and I had a feeling that fight wouldn't go long as Martin like to bang and Salaverry is a very technically sound fighter. Salaverry will be back and he just got unlucky IMO. I can't wait til the next PPV as the belfast crowd will be white hot and that always makes a difference in fight quality. Those european crowds have always been hot for UFC fights and I was always surprised that they didn't go back to teh UK sooner after that great show back in 02 with the brawl at royal albert hall. Very glad to see them going to the UK more and I really hope they start to run 3 or 4 shows from the UK every year

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHO'S THE MAN, I'M THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QFT!!!! :club:
QFT!!!! :D
lol, both of us were the only ones here that knew what was up :club: actuary, the belfast PPV will be good. Even if the fights aren't that great, the crowd will more then make up for it, mark my words. The UK fans are always hot for the shows and lets face it, has Forrest Griffen or Rich Franklin ever had a boring fight, I sure can't think of one

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 2 Members: KDawgCometh, PrtyPSuxplease tell me your seats were next to mandy moore and you showed that beautiful tart how much of a balla you and jon are

ship shiiiip...hoosier and I bet 1k on rampage at +160.....it was sick, I've been to boxing and UFC and UFC is 100x more exciting, no contest. We bet 300 on the 4 to 1 dog (martin I think) and he owned for the scoop...the only fight that sucked for us was the only one I thought was a lock, chris leben, he's an as.shole but I was sure he'd win we bet a dime and he got owned hard.....anyway it was sick exciting.

ship shiiiip...hoosier and I bet 1k on rampage at +160.....it was sick, I've been to boxing and UFC and UFC is 100x more exciting, no contest. We bet 300 on the 4 to 1 dog (martin I think) and he owned for the scoop...the only fight that sucked for us was the only one I thought was a lock, chris leben, he's an as.shole but I was sure he'd win we bet a dime and he got owned hard.....anyway it was sick exciting.
to be honest JC, I could've told u that one. Leben talks a big game, but put him up against any decent fighter, he gets owned. The guy makes for entertaining fights, but he isn't much. I'm glad u went with martin on those odds. martin is a banger and he looks perfect at the 185 division and I definetly had him in that fight. The only fight that aired that I got wrong was the marrero fight, but I wasn't too surprised by the outcome

well fuck all of yall and fuck everything else. I"m fucking pissed goddamnit. this sh.it is fuc.king ridiculiuos. ogddammit. I don't even feel like fixing my cussing anymore. shitss ridiculous now.

Betting on MMA is so strange these days. Because styles make fights, nobody is that big of a favorite anymore. I mean they can be in theory. But certain people match up so much better than others. The UFC has had a ridiculous amount of upsets in the last year. I have followed the UFC specifically for about 6 years now, and consider myself a HUGE fan. But betting on fights is a lot harder than people think imo. I don't know enough about sports to make an intelligent bet. I feel like I should do really well betting on UFC fights, but how can anyone fade the upsets........

Betting on MMA is so strange these days. Because styles make fights, nobody is that big of a favorite anymore. I mean they can be in theory. But certain people match up so much better than others. The UFC has had a ridiculous amount of upsets in the last year. I have followed the UFC specifically for about 6 years now, and consider myself a HUGE fan. But betting on fights is a lot harder than people think imo. I don't know enough about sports to make an intelligent bet. I feel like I should do really well betting on UFC fights, but how can anyone fade the upsets........
I agree...it's sickHoosier (who knows very little about UFC) made a good point though, it seems like there is no way that someone could be a 4 to 1 fav almost ever, if they're fighting at that level they must be semi good and one punch or flury and it's over...4 dogs won out of 5 fights. Martin was a sick example of how the betting lines are retarded in and the one dog I bet on that didn't win was burkman (sp?) and he stood up 3 rounds and could have easily won if one of his sicko swings connects... Anyway, I think betting the dog is probably a good idea if you are getting more than +180 or so. Betting sports is something I dont like to do but It for sure makes the fights way more exciting live, and in this case it paid for our tix :club:.
lol, both of us were the only ones here that knew what was up :club: actuary, the belfast PPV will be good. Even if the fights aren't that great, the crowd will more then make up for it, mark my words. The UK fans are always hot for the shows and lets face it, has Forrest Griffen or Rich Franklin ever had a boring fight, I sure can't think of one
Sorry keith but look at the early predictions, i called Rampage before anyone

edit

lol, both of us were the only ones here that knew what was up :club:
Sorry keith but look at the early predictions, i called Rampage before anyone
O'RLY?
Actuary, I'm w/ Shake and #7 here. Rampage beat the ever loving piss out of Chuck in their fight in Pride. At the end of the fight, you could tell Liddell wanted to quit but just took the beating until the ref finally stopped it...he was a very whipped fighter. TY...thought I spelled it wrong and of course I did! Wanderlei is a different type of fighter than Chuck and his style gave Rampage trouble. Rampage matches up stylistically better w/ Chuck than most fighters. Also...Chuck isn't known for his ground and pound w/ elbows etc., so the UFC vs. Pride rules should play almost no factor. Unlike the CroCop fight, where Mirko ADMITS he didn't train enough to defend vs. elbows and NEVER EVEN TRAINED IN A CAGE LEADING UP TO THE FIGHT!!!! (How???? I mean...a ring and a cage are TOTALLY different...how could he not prepare for that????) I am looking forward to this fight and I get a feeling I will be wagering w/ several FCPers on Rampage that day.
O/U on when this gets moved to the MMA thread in gen sports? 15 minutesbtw Quinten Jackson is going to whoop him!
That's right...my e-penis is bigger that yurs!!! :D
O'RLY?That's right...my e-penis is bigger that yurs!!! :club:
i bow down and tickle your testies...but i still did predict it too...i just want credit where credit is deserved lol