Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

• Please log in to reply
3419 replies to this topic

#3401 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

View PostFenxis, on 19 July 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

Smarmy or full of confidence because he has Trump by the balls?

Before all this trump stuff he was riding horseback shirtless and scoring hat tricks playing with professional hockey players. Heís been like this for a long time pre-trump with that little untouchable smirk
Long signatures are really annoying.

#3402 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,724 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:51 PM

A long, but great read on the neverending war...

https://www.nytimes....q-soldiers.html
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#3403 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:05 PM

The unending gaslighting from Republicans is really a sight to behold. I honestly wonder how they can keep it up. Iím watching election coverage on BBC, and even a very independent, international news org canít find an honest Republican. Every conversation sounds like:

Newsperson: people have criticized that Trump is sending 15000 active soldiers to the border and spending billions of unbudgeted dollars to do so in order to deal with a couple thousand unarmed Hondurans who would like to legally seek asylum. This is especially troubling since he has accused the Hondurans of harbouring criminals or terrorists with no evidence whatsoever, and despite that their goal of legal asylum would require thorough background checks.

Republican: well, lots of people might not like his tone. I wish heíd be more presidential too! But heís just protecting us, and look at the economy!

Newsperson, easy distracted from the unanswered question: the economy is going great, though many of the gains are empty as they could be the result of hugely inflationary policy in an already strong environment.

Republican: cites record numbers while ignoring that 90% of the gains happened under Obama, and that Trumpís cuts and changes have had negative effects on net revenue despite perfect conditions.

Itís like they are speaking different languages, and Republicans seem to have noticed that so long as they keep calling everyone else a liar, theyíll keep being believed by people whoís worst slur would be being called a liberal. I donít know where things go from here, but it is going to get worse before it gets better, and every single person who votes Republican needs to be aware that theyíre supporting people who would literally prefer people not vote than vote Democrat, and would happily have people vote Republican based on lies even if those same people would not have if they were accurately informed.

#3404 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 27,163 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:39 PM

It's interesting to me that Pete Ricketts is going to win by a huge margin, but that is basically the same margin that the Initiative 427 about Medicaid expansion passed by, an Initiative that would have been unnecessary if Ricketts had opted into Medicaid expansion in the first place. I would love to pick the brains of the people who voted to re-elected Pete, but voted yes on 427. I believe there is a large gap in the policy beliefs of people, and the way they actually vote
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#3405 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,698 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:25 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 06 November 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

It's interesting to me that Pete Ricketts is going to win by a huge margin, but that is basically the same margin that the Initiative 427 about Medicaid expansion passed by, an Initiative that would have been unnecessary if Ricketts had opted into Medicaid expansion in the first place. I would love to pick the brains of the people who voted to re-elected Pete, but voted yes on 427. I believe there is a large gap in the policy beliefs of people, and the way they actually vote

all the polling shows that people vote against their policy beliefs often. Things like gun control for example poll against the standard Republican position even among Republicans.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#3406 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:33 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on 06 November 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

I was reading a bit on this from Craig Calcaterra and some other Ohioans today. I think often people vote for comfortable/familiar names without much knowledge for their policy, or do so while purposely ignoring the policies that person will be ďforcedĒ to vote for because their party will put it through.

#3407 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,902 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Not a political post..Because I dont do that

The greatest name is politics is Sheldon Whitehouse. Who was reelected for a third term as a senator in Rhode Island.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#3408 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,698 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

View Postserge, on 08 November 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

The greatest name is politics is Sheldon Whitehouse. Who was reelected for a third term as a senator in Rhode Island.

my cousin's last name is Whitehouse and he's the Chief of Staff to a Federal Liberal MP
Bob

#3409 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,574 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:16 PM

I have a cousin who's first name is Mike.

There's no point in that, I just felt like posting in the politics thread and being absolutely Switzerland about it all, neutral and boring.

#3410 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,698 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 08 November 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

I have a cousin who's first name is Mike.

There's no point in that, I just felt like posting in the politics thread and being absolutely Switzerland about it all, neutral and boring.

my cousin's first name is Mike also.
Bob

#3411 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

View Postserge, on 08 November 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Thatís pretty solid. I saw in Mississauga they had a guy running named Butt and I really applaud anyone with that name deciding to do something that involves plastering your name all over town.

#3412 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:23 PM

I think that Sheldon dude missed an opportunity though. You canít tell me in a primary of 17 Republicans in 2016, a guy frigging named Whitehouse who was actually an elected Republican wouldnít have gotten enough jokey support to get pretty damn far.

#3413 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,724 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:21 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 08 November 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Thatís pretty solid. I saw in Mississauga they had a guy running named Butt and I really applaud anyone with that name deciding to do something that involves plastering your name all over town.

Sudbury just had an election. Brian Bigger defeated Tay Butt.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#3414 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,657 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:30 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on 08 November 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

That’s pretty solid. I saw in Mississauga they had a guy running named Butt and I really applaud anyone with that name deciding to do something that involves plastering your name all over town.
he ran in my area. I would have voted for him if I had known he was going to be all butt hurt when he lost....
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#3415 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:45 AM

Bob sent an awesome GIF to me of someone running in Toronto named Jennifer Arp, and her dancing with her placard with "ARP" on it

Post it Bob, everyone loves Arp

#3416 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:53 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 08 November 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Sudbury just had an election. Brian Bigger defeated Tay Butt.

Omg

#3417 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,698 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:32 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 09 November 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

Bob sent an awesome GIF to me of someone running in Toronto named Jennifer Arp, and her dancing with her placard with "ARP" on it

Post it Bob, everyone loves Arp

https://twitter.com/...281153685557248
Bob

#3418 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,698 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:11 AM

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
....Lightly looked at doing a building somewhere in Russia. Put up zero money, zero guarantees and didn’t do the project. Witch Hunt!

4:59 AM - 30 Nov 2018

https://youtu.be/q0GCKXZTV8E
Bob

#3419 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

I'm not good at posting pics/links, but that Bush letter to Clinton is a clear cut example of how things should be, and what it meant before to have civility and gravitas shown by our leaders, and hopefully exercised by the masses in society.

I can't believe that was 25years ago, I guess I sound like an old guy talking about 'kids today', but its really sad how leaders/people act today compared to what it used to be like. Democrat-Republican, Liberaal-Conservative didnt mean mortal enemies, it was just a difference of opinion. Now we have this moron, and I dont even know what came first, the moron or his sheep.

#3420 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,698 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 01 December 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

I'm not good at posting pics/links, but that Bush letter to Clinton is a clear cut example of how things should be, and what it meant before to have civility and gravitas shown by our leaders, and hopefully exercised by the masses in society.

I can't believe that was 25years ago, I guess I sound like an old guy talking about 'kids today', but its really sad how leaders/people act today compared to what it used to be like. Democrat-Republican, Liberaal-Conservative didnt mean mortal enemies, it was just a difference of opinion. Now we have this moron, and I dont even know what came first, the moron or his sheep.

Posted Image
Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users