Final Suggestion For Pool

Just my opinion but a 40 people draft would not work what the hell are you going to do with the 40th and 41st pick. If its that many people you have to just let everyone pick 8 forwards and 4 defenseman. No 2 people will have the same team and it will be more fun, no way can you do a draft especially coordinating that many people at the same time.So we should have 2 pools1. Everyone that wants is in 8 forwards 4 defensemen to be emailed to whoever is in charge by Aril 9. (This is the free roll one which is garnering all the interest and can be 100 people.) Daniel will stake the $500 if he still wants or else its for fun.2. We have the draft one for $50 or $100 this one will garner less people as its real money (at least thats what I think) No freeroll here the pool will be whatever is collected. Whoever is trustworthy can hold the money, I have a gambling problem so not me. Money must be deposited by April 6 draft will be April 9 at 8:00pm est if you cant attend the draft than dont sign up or pay.Iam not trying to be bossy here but I really like playoff pools so I think this is fair for everyone.So post in the following format in this threadWhich pool you want to be part of1 or 2and if you select 2 do you want it for $50 or $100 (if you say yes to 2 you have to pay whatever the majority votes on) so don't say yes but only if its for $50.This is my vote1and 2 ($50)At the end someone tally how many people we have for each pool. Or everyone can just ignore this and make me look like a fool.

I like your ideas...I would be interested to put some money up...If we put up $50 it would take a lot of people out ...However since its Daniels site it should be his decision...I am good for anything and I dont mind the money....

I agree that a draft is gonna be retarded for 40 people...I dunno, meh.If I wasn't in the most retarded downswing in poker's history, I'd be all over the $50 or $100, but for now, that's too much of my BR when I've got no other income.$50... maybe.

Iam just thinking that the 2 type of pool idea will work better. Daniel will see the logic in this and of course he has the final say. $50 will attract enough people to make it worth while but not overly attract. 10 of us is all we really need even up to 20 is great. The other pool is fair for all as well and will attract the most attention.

You posted two ideas, but I don't like either one. 40 people wouldn't show up. Seriously, I think we'd get about 23 or 24. I also HATE the idea of having to take defensemen. If you want to take 6, you should be able to take 6. I think we should just go with this:April 9th, 9:00pm EST We'll start a thread with people that want to be in the pool. There will be a finalized draft order on April 8th. If a person isn't present to make his pick, he's not in the pool and no one will be on standby. Doing this, we won't get 40 responsible people to be on time and ready with their picks. In the chatroom, every person will get a maximum of 2 minutes to make their selection. Since you'll know the draft order ahead of time, that should give everyone ample time to prepare their selections. We'll have a moderator that lets the next person know it's their turn. I like the MSN idea. One person will open a box with all of the entrants, and there will be one master window where everyone can see who was chosen. When it's your turn to pick, you IM the moderator with your full player name and team. He then posts it in the master window. The whole process should take about 3 hours. Once all the teams are listed, we will use www.officepools.com to track the teams scoring. The number of rounds we have will depend on the number of entrants:10-19 entrants: 20 players20-24 entrants: 10 players25-29 entrants: 8 players30-34 entrants: 6 players35-40 entrants: 5 players

Who's gonna moderate the draft? I don't mind doing the moderating part, as long as someone else (DALE) is willing to record the teams and set it up on officepools.com or whatever we're going to use....

Who's gonna moderate the draft? I don't mind doing the moderating part, as long as someone else (DALE) is willing to record the teams and set it up on officepools.com or whatever we're going to use....
I think you moderating would be cool...I think you need to collect everyones msn addresses....edit..I dont think we are using msn...just a thread in here...
I think you moderating would be cool...I think you need to collect everyones msn addresses....edit..I dont think we are using msn...just a thread in here...
A chatroom would be even better....
I made a change. I think doing it in a forum thread will work just fine. The changed are bolded in red in the stickied thread.
One question, strictly logistical. Do we still need to moderate this? Say, for example, it's the second round. and it's player 'X's pick. The clock runs the three minutes(?) allowed for that player to make their pick. They don't. How does the NEXT player know to pick? And what would happen if the next player picked 30 seconds early, making their post appear ahead of the actual scheduled pick? See what I mean? Do we still need a moderator to post a "PLAYER X HAS MISSED THEIR PICK, IT IS NOW PLAYER Y's PICK' post? Alsooooooo...... if a player misses a pick in any round but the first (which I assume would mean they're out of the pool if they miss the first round).... what happens? Say their internet goes down, and they miss... are they out for the round? out completely (and if so, what happens to their previous picks), or do they go to the last pick in that round, then resume their normal spot in the next round? Sorry to raise these but better now than while we're in the middle of it.....
One question, strictly logistical. Do we still need to moderate this? Say, for example, it's the second round. and it's player 'X's pick. The clock runs the three minutes(?) allowed for that player to make their pick. They don't. How does the NEXT player know to pick? And what would happen if the next player picked 30 seconds early, making their post appear ahead of the actual scheduled pick? See what I mean? Do we still need a moderator to post a "PLAYER X HAS MISSED THEIR PICK, IT IS NOW PLAYER Y's PICK' post? Alsooooooo...... if a player misses a pick in any round but the first (which I assume would mean they're out of the pool if they miss the first round).... what happens? Say their internet goes down, and they miss... are they out for the round? out completely (and if so, what happens to their previous picks), or do they go to the last pick in that round, then resume their normal spot in the next round? Sorry to raise these but better now than while we're in the middle of it.....
good questions.
A missed pick in any round will result in that team picking last in the round. If they miss it again, then it goes to the last pick of the next round. If a guy makes one pick, then doesn't show up for the rest of his picks, he'll have to fill out his team with what's left over at the end. If a player misses his pick, a moderator will let the next person to go ahead. As for a person picking early, it's up to everyone involved to keep an eye out for what's going on. There won't be "sceduled times" for each pick. Once a pick has been made, then next person goes. In the first two rounds each person will have two minutes to make their pick. In subsequent rounds they'll get three minutes to make their pick. This will ensure that everyone involved is focusing on the draft and that will help speed things up.
A missed pick in any round will result in that team picking last in the round. If they miss it again, then it goes to the last pick of the next round. If a guy makes one pick, then doesn't show up for the rest of his picks, he'll have to fill out his team with what's left over at the end. If a player misses his pick, a moderator will let the next person to go ahead. As for a person picking early, it's up to everyone involved to keep an eye out for what's going on. There won't be "sceduled times" for each pick. Once a pick has been made, then next person goes. In the first two rounds each person will have two minutes to make their pick. In subsequent rounds they'll get three minutes to make their pick. This will ensure that everyone involved is focusing on the draft and that will help speed things up.
Makes sense.... so the moderator would time the two minutes then post a 'player has missed pick' post? And, I guess if a player picked, say, Lecavallier in the first round, then missed all their other picks, Lecavalier would still not be available no matter what.... Moderator?

Are we chipping in for this? I'd love to throw in 25-50 to make good prizes available. If we each threw in $50, we'd be able to have custom authentic jerseys go to the top 6 finishers or so.

Maybe it's just me but 2 minutes on a message board seems short. Sitting here F5ing all day. If we go 2 minutes I think we need a chat.
i agree with the chat idea. what is the scoring system?
Are we chipping in for this? I'd love to throw in 25-50 to make good prizes available. If we each threw in $50, we'd be able to have custom authentic jerseys go to the top 6 finishers or so.
I think chipping in money is a great idea...This way the amount of entries will be more reasonable....I am definetely in for this....
I think chipping in money is a great idea...This way the amount of entries will be more reasonable....I am definetely in for this....
there are tonnes of ways to run a hockey pool but the more "ideas" that keep getting thrown out there the slower the process.there is one driver...his name is negreanu. I say we let him run a pool his way. If you're in you're in.If there is a pool somebody wants to run for some money I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to join. But for the sake of the Negreanu hockey pool try to keep them separate subjects pls.