should the main event stay at 10k

With the main event reaching 5,500 entrants do you think it's time to up the buy-in at the main event? As a purist in many respects, maybe it comes from my love of things like baseball and golf, i feel as though the main event should still be the way to crown "the best" poker player in the world. With so many players and so many players who really have no idea what they are doing, the main event is no longer a good way to have a world champion. I think a good number to raise the main event buy-in to would be 50k, this would be enough money that even the pros would feel it a little bit when they dropped that much money and also it would help to weed out a lot the dead money that there is. If they were to up the buy-in to 50k they could drop down to 800 or so players and still have almost the same payout as they will have this year. let me know what y'all think about this

Increasing the buy-in might just increase players from the internet since it's easier to gather people for super satellites online. Even pros would probably end up qualifying online if it was 50k. Keep it the way it is.. poker's popularity will level out eventually when people discover that poker is not for them.

Can't you enter a homepage in your profile? Also... couldn't you just use your sig area?Also... what exactly does a poker ninja do? If you start winging cards at me like damn throwing stars I swear to god I'm going to tackle your ass and beat you colonial style. Yeah... I'm bored.

We have the talk smack about Raymer, we have the raise the buy-in for the Main Event. Man my week won't be complete until someone complains that people call your bets with bottom pair.

Can't you enter a homepage in your profile? Also... couldn't you just use your sig area?Also... what exactly does a poker ninja do? If you start winging cards at me like damn throwing stars I swear to god I'm going to tackle your ass and beat you colonial style. Yeah... I'm bored.
What exactly makes a beat down colonial? I've done things like the Bandit, Reynolds style before, but never had the pleasure to view a colonial beat down.

When did the main event ever prove who the truely best poker player was in a given year? It made for a nice title. The wsop has recieved more and more attention to poker in these last few years because of these mind numbing entry numbers, but a bunch of dumbazzes can't stop bringing this up every single day. The pros the pros the pros. Watch the poker superstars no post flop play shootout.