Help Setting Up My New Monitor

Hey guys, I just got a new monitor today, and am trying to set it up. I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up right, but when I turn the computer on, a message comes up saying, "Attention: No Signal".After the message pops up, the screen just goes black. Any ideas?

Hey guys, I just got a new monitor today, and am trying to set it up. I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up right, but when I turn the computer on, a message comes up saying, "Attention: No Signal".After the message pops up, the screen just goes black. Any ideas?
Try rebooting, try hooking the moniyor into another computer etc.

A lot of new monitors have both a digital (white plug) and analog (blue plug) for inputs. I've seen it before where the monitor doesn't switch automatically. If your monitor can accept both plugs check the manual for how to toggle between displays.

My old monitor works fine, I am wondering if my video card can't handle the newer monitor?To the guy who posted something about drivers, I don't even know what the means. I'm the most computer illiterate person in the world. Maybe I'll just have to hook the old one up until someone I know that's computer savvy can come over and help.

Specs?Monitor type and so on.If its a LCD display try going into the on screen menu through your monitor on the buttons on the front and make sure your selecting the proper input.DVI-DCompositeS-videoEct....How is the monitor hooked up?Monitors do not require drivers to operate.

If it's a laptop, you need to change the output - to Digital & Analog if you're double-monitoring, or Analog if you're only using the new monitor.If it's a desktop, then your wiring is probably lose - or the monitor could be faulty... maybe try another monitor, or plug it into another PC.
If it's a laptop, you need to change the output - to Digital & Analog if you're double-monitoring, or Analog if you're only using the new monitor.If it's a desktop, then your wiring is probably lose - or the monitor could be faulty... maybe try another monitor, or plug it into another PC.
Ok, I really hate to admit this one, but the plug in the back on the monitor must have came out as I was setting it up. :club: They don't really give you much room to plug it in back there ( the plug is in a tight awkward space, and I didn't get the screws screwed in right). So yeah long story short, I'm an idiot.Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. And especially upside down for throwing out the winner. :D