15 replies to this topic

#1 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:8-Game

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

Think I butchered this one. Rush, so no reads. Comments on all streets welcome.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($10.15)Button ($9.44)SB ($21.71)BB ($6.47)UTG ($12.27)UTG+1 ($7.80)MP1 ($9.57)MP2 ($10.52)Hero (MP3) ($10)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 10Posted Image, 10Posted Image1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, 3 foldsFlop: ($1.05) 7Posted Image, 9Posted Image, 8Posted Image (2 players)Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60Turn: ($2.25) 2Posted Image (2 players)Hero bets $1.40, Button calls $1.40River: ($5.05) APosted Image (2 players)Hero bets $2.50, Button raises to $5, Hero ???
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching." - Anonymous

#2 Syntonic

Syntonic

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

No you didn't. Fold.Also, I would probably bet pot on the turn and I'd be more inclined to c/c the river rather than lead out, but I don't hate it.
Pokerstars/Full Tilt: Syntonic8
AIM: swillard4d

#3 trystero

trystero

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

river's a weird spot. I think I like b/f tbh...because although we'd like him to bluff missed draws, he's got the As in his range, and we're blocking many potential straight draws that he could have.

#4 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold Em, Razz

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

I'm not sure what worse hands we expect him to call with when we lead the river. C/c seems better to me, yeah we block a lot of straight draws but there's an awful lot of spade draws out there. I think a stupid hand like K9 is actually more likely to bet the river when checked to, than he is to call our river bet.I also bet much closer to pot on both flop and turn.
QUOTE (Ninja Ace @ Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 2:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flops are kind of like vagina's. The wetter they are, the harder you hit them.

#5 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

Don't fold anything to me and profit

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

View PostSwolyswoND, on Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 7:13 PM, said:

I'm not sure what worse hands we expect him to call with when we lead the river. C/c seems better to me, yeah we block a lot of straight draws but there's an awful lot of spade draws out there. I think a stupid hand like K9 is actually more likely to bet the river when checked to, than he is to call our river bet.I also bet much closer to pot on both flop and turn.
This.On the river our value on this board comes from missed draws (ace isn't a great card for it since it connects with nut draws but oh well) not single pair hands. A good ole c-c is in order, and u may be able to fold to a PSB, but even 2-1 on this board is a difficult laydown.Also he's correct about potting/nearly potting super drawy boards with 100% of your betting range... not to mention we have a pair+draw
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire

QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.

QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#6 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:38 AM

I was a bit lost on the river. I didn't want to check and face a big bet and I thought the Ace would be a big scare card if he didn't have one. I don't think I gave careful enough consideration to the fact that it might have hit his range if he's chasing the NFD, nor that repping the Ace myself would mean I most likely fired 2 bullets with missed AK/AQ/AJ hands. Of course I'm not sure if that is too high a thought level for most 10NL players.

#7 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:36 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 8:46 PM, said:

Think I butchered this one. Rush, so no reads. Comments on all streets welcome.
I hate your flop bet BTW
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#8 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 8:38 AM, said:

I was a bit lost on the river. I didn't want to check and face a big bet and I thought the Ace would be a big scare card if he didn't have one. I don't think I gave careful enough consideration to the fact that it might have hit his range if he's chasing the NFD, nor that repping the Ace myself would mean I most likely fired 2 bullets with missed AK/AQ/AJ hands. Of course I'm not sure if that is too high a thought level for most 10NL players.
So you were turning your 2nd pair into a bluff? It's not so much that the Ace hit his range, it's that now he can't really call with any other pair besides an Ace. If villain thinks at ALL (which believe it or not most at least can figure out this much) then they would know that either you were beating them before with a higher PP, or that you had AK/AQ and just drew out. There's not much else you can be betting three streets with.

#9 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

i hate leading on this river, it is a bad card for you, and its hard for you to really rep it to be honest, if we check the river i snap that thing off so quick
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#10 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

View Postmtdesmoines, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 10:36 AM, said:

I hate your flop bet BTW
I seriously don't know when to pot and when not to.

#11 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 10:28 AM, said:

a flop this draw heavy needs to be bet hard to price out the really good draws that may be out there/ get value from the draws that are not folding.
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#12 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

Don't fold anything to me and profit

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 9:28 AM, said:

Idiot Savant Extraordinaire

QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.

QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#13 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 2:07 PM, said:

Sigged

#14 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 12:07 PM, said:

hahaha. love it!

#15 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Is that a quote from your forthcoming book, Vagina Poker?

#16 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

View Postjmbreslin, on Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 6:05 PM, said:

Is that a quote from your forthcoming book, Vagina Poker?
vagina poker is just full ring nlhe ahahah!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users