lhe...ak..a new one

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is CO with Ac, Ks. 1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) 4d, 4c, Jc (3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Turn: (6.25 BB) Js (3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.River: (10.25 BB) 9s (2 players)UTG+1 bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 12.25 BBI'd comment, but I don't want to look even sillier!Reads: he played many pots, but usually folded on flop betsReads: I have been losing. Recent hand include folding to bet on river after missing nut-flush draw...also..Haven't won any hands since I sat down except one....just shwoed down JJ and Ace on flop, lost to AQ...edited to delte rest of bs belowty custom 8)

Hand 1 - Minus a read, I'm probably bet/folding the turn.Hand 2 I'm not answering because I don't have the brain power to figure out the hand without the converter.

UTG+1's play has me confused. Hard to figure out what hand he would raise preflop, check/call the flop, and check/raise the turn. Maybe 99 or TT.As long as he doesn't have a boat (or even less likely KK or AA) you have 6 outs, and you are getting better than 9 to 1 to call. I don't give him much credit for a boat, so I think you can call here.And I think you have to call the river bet.

As long as he doesn't have a boat (or even less likely KK or AA) you have 6 outs, so you can call the turn raise.Hi, this is exactly how most micro players play AA, KK.Not to mention AJ.

so.on the turn, you have three options.fold - my ace-high is no good.call - my ace-high might be good.raise - my ace-high is good, or i can bluff.is your ace-high good?against a guy who folds flops UI, no. you're drawing dead probably, or you're drawing slim against a stubborn pair.can you bluff? no. i highly doubt it. if he has better than ace high, he has at least a pair. if he has a pair and he usually folds flops UI, he's stubborn with his pairs, and he's not folding. if he has a boat, he's not folding.anything he calls the flop with has you beat at this point.fold.if he bluffs sometimes, raise. if he doesn't bluff, fold (you're not making a better hand fold against him, ever).if you have no read and are in doubt, calling is okay. but, it's really weak. don't use it too much. only when you're in doubt.you shouldn't be in doubt, though, if you have a read on the guy that he's tight and folds UI flops usually.folding > calling > raising without reads.folding > raising > calling if he bluffs.aseem

I appreciate the input.I say I shouldn't post reads because I had only played about 20 hands, and saw him do this about 6 times...so it's not a "stone cold lock"I'd be better serving myself to exclude reads, perhaps, until I get a better sense of how to "read" them. :? I can say..the table likely read me as weak..."wonder why"..there said it for youEdited to Add:He had AQ...so I guess he was capable of bluffing, and my intial read was wrong.

without a raed, calling down isn't that bad.why is raising better than calling, if the OP doesn't have any reads, smash?aseem

why is raising better than calling, if the OP doesn't have any reads, smash?Because you will fold a lot of 88-TT hands wih a turn raise. Not to mention hands you'd be splitting with, like, oh say, AQ. Splitting pots sucks a lot more than winning them.

why is raising better than calling, if the OP doesn't have any reads, smash?Because you will fold a lot of 88-TT hands wih a turn raise. Not to mention hands you'd be splitting with, like, oh say, AQ. Splitting pots sucks a lot more than winning them.
i'm not sure about that, but that varies by game and player.in my experience, a lot of loose low limit players will call the three-bet and check-call the river UI with any pocket pair higher 4-4 and a lot of times with any ace.just my experience. i've seen it happen many times, not sure if i'm being results-based or my sample isn't accurate (since i'm only seeing it the times they call down).aseem
(since i'm only seeing it the times they call down). that seems key... :lol
You never get to see someone fold a better hand.
yeah, but i can honestly say that i feel that most low limit players would NOT fold 8-8/6-6/10-10 or even A-8/A-10, against a turn three-bet, not just because they overvalue their hand, but because it's "just one more bet" to them (the reason it's so beatable).aseem

yeah, but i can honestly say that i feel that most low limit players would NOT fold 8-8/6-6/10-10 or even A-8/A-10, against a turn three-bet, not just because they overvalue their hand, but because it's "just one more bet" to them They'll fold when they miss the river.Take a look in PT at how many call, call, call, fold hands happen at microlimits.

if I had 3 bet the turn...and he calls..thenif he leads out on the river...I fold ? if he checks the river.... I check ?if I had 3 bet the turn...and he raises..thenI folddo I get an "A" or "F"I'm getting SSHE..very soon, promise

If he caps, fold, if he bes the river, fold, if he checks he river bet/fold.
interesting.maybe i was being a little weak/tight?aseem

He checks river..I bet and fold to a raise..okI see bet/fold a lot...Why not take the free show down?Am I still trying to push out, say AQ, here?btw: u crack me up...and...do u ever sleep?(edited to correct first line..I had said "He bets..." meant "checks"

wait. Hero should fold this turn.villian is loose/passive...he is raising on a JJ44 board. AK is probably dead in the water.
Clutch. I feel as if this is a massive spew.Gargamel says, "You're not folding a winner here against a passive player enough for this fold to be a mistake." Ice