Playing Against Post-flop "bluffers"

Seems every time in these low buyin Internet tournaments, people can't get away from AK, AQ, AJ, A10, etc after the flop. I know they're stupid, and what's going through their mind is "I have two cards higher than the flop, guess I better bet/call all in". What's the best way to defend against these players? I've made good calls with middle and bottom pair and they get lucky and look smart. Should I just start folding if I think they have a hand like this?

Just play ABC-Poker and call or raise if you have a hand. It will happen often enough, that you get paid in a big way. Just fold everytime you have nothing. For example. You fold 10 times and lose you preflopcall lets say 100$, but the 11th times you get paid with his stack like $1,500 -$2000. Just be patient.

Just realize that in the long run, you are taking their stack quite a few more times than they are taking yours. Keep getting your money in as a favorite and it will work out evetually.

Just realize that in the long run, you are taking their stack quite a few more times than they are taking yours. Keep getting your money in as a favorite and it will work out evetually.
Yep. Make less hero calls and don't bluff. Value bet everything!

seems like every time in these low buyin internet tourneys some donk calls my raise oop with 57o when i have ak. then i flop a gutshot and two overs and they get mad when i suckout on them. i know they're stupid, but whats going through their head is "my pair of 3s on a qj3 flop must be good." i've made good calls when they dont have enough chips left to bet me off my draw, but they still get mad when i win. what the best way to defend against these players?

seems like every time in these low buyin internet tourneys some donk calls my raise oop with 57o when i have ak. then i flop a gutshot and two overs and they get mad when i suckout on them. i know they're stupid, but whats going through their head is "my pair of 3s on a qj3 flop must be good." i've made good calls when they dont have enough chips left to bet me off my draw, but they still get mad when i win. what the best way to defend against these players?
Sir,I find that signing up to a poker forum and posting about these insane players is the best remedy. You must follow up with no further useful information or contribution in the future of any kind. I also find that 95% of players that play low limit games get sucked out on more than the percentages would dictate. Math, does not exist in the micro world, it seems.
Sir,I find that signing up to a poker forum and posting about these insane players is the best remedy. You must follow up with no further useful information or contribution in the future of any kind. I also find that 95% of players that play low limit games get sucked out on more than the percentages would dictate. Math, does not exist in the micro world, it seems.
lol
I've been playing the micro limits for some time now and have noticed that the players are really bad. Should I move up to where the better players are so people don't suckout on me all the time and my winrate will increase?
I've been playing the micro limits for some time now and have noticed that the players are really bad. Should I move up to where the better players are so people don't suckout on me all the time and my winrate will increase?
And where they'll respect your raises and only call with good hands!
Precisely,And post in the General Poker Forum .And post 1426 word diatribes that pretend to ask for help but are simply fronts for an explanation of your temporary "downswing"And ignore posters who are trying to help you because you can't see past the sarcasm and would rather have your ego stroked by other "downswingers"Have I said too much?
We are avatar brothers.
Precisely,Have I said too much?
I see where your going with this... So you cant beat easy players, but you think it'd be better to play more established players. At the same time, and this principle carries over to other individual competitions, a novice can make for (if not more difficult) more frustrating competition than a player with a moderate amount of experiance. By that I mean there should be a reasonable amount of predictablility with someone who has been involved in poker (or whatever). How many times are you truely surprised at a poker table? How often is it from someone who doesnt have a grasp of basic principles, or experiance.In that respect, I can see why he thinks higher stakes might be easier.At the same time frustrating as it might be you're gonna EVENTUALLY hammer those fools. If you think you can handle better players do it to it, but you actually have to be better than those players in order to win that game.
Precisely,And post in the General Poker Forum .And post 1426 word diatribes that pretend to ask for help but are simply fronts for an explanation of your temporary "downswing"And ignore posters who are trying to help you because you can't see past the sarcasm and would rather have your ego stroked by other "downswingers"Have I said too much?
Actuary, you've played a lot of poker, presumably at some higher limits than I play. At what level would you say that people started to respect your raises?
Actuary, you've played a lot of poker, presumably at some higher limits than I play. At what level would you say that people started to respect your raises?
Actuary has played significantly less poker than everyone thinks.Define "respect my raise" and I'll answer your question.Actually, I'd like to ask why you'd like to know that, also.
Actuary has played significantly less poker than everyone thinks.
:club: I've been outted?imagine how good I could be :)ps. I certainly haven't played higher limits, nor led anyone to think that. $2/4 is it