Dave Nicoson said it best, "you're playing like **** cuz your small roll".and its true, so tonight i decided to say, lets start playing decent again.2 hands. Let me hear it.I'm sitting at 1/2NL won a pot in 1st rotation sitting down, sitting at 330 now.Hand 1J,10o in BB.MP1, MP2, LP1,C/o Button, Sb all limp, I check. (pot is roughly 14)flop is 8,9,Q rainbow.sb checks, I feel with al the limps, check is good. it gets checked around. :(Turn 8clubs. 2 clubs on board/sb checks, I lead 15, MP1 calls. MP2 raises 30 to 45. folds to me, i shovel. MP1 stack is about 250 MP2 stack is about 100 more after his raise to 45Good?Hand 2 Hero 160Villain 200Villain is easily readable, and will make standard raises with junk to 15, and then raises to 30 when he holds AA KK QQ Hero BB with Ks Js MP1 folds, Villain raise to 15. LP1 calls. Button calls. hero calls.flop 10s Jd,Qhhero check, villain bet 20, LP fold button call hero call.turn 7shero shovels.thoughts? I put villain on AQ, the way he has been playing, my Jacks, , my OESD and my flush should all be good.

Dave Nicoson said it best, "you're playing like **** cuz your small roll".and its true, so tonight i decided to say, lets start playing decent again.2 hands. Let me hear it.I'm sitting at 1/2NL won a pot in 1st rotation sitting down, sitting at 330 now.Hand 1J,10o in BB.MP1, MP2, LP1,C/o Button, Sb all limp, I check. (pot is roughly 14)flop is 8,9,Q rainbow.sb checks, I feel with al the limps, check is good. it gets checked around. :(Turn 8clubs. 2 clubs on board/sb checks, I lead 15, MP1 calls. MP2 raises 30 to 45. folds to me, i shovel. MP1 stack is about 250 MP2 stack is about 100 more after his raise to 45Good?Hand 2 Hero 160Villain 200Villain is easily readable, and will make standard raises with junk to 15, and then raises to 30 when he holds AA KK QQ Hero BB with Ks Js MP1 folds, Villain raise to 15. LP1 calls. Button calls. hero calls.flop 10s Jd,Qhhero check, villain bet 20, LP fold button call hero call.turn 7shero shovels.thoughts? I put villain on AQ, the way he has been playing, I thought forsure he will call, and my Jacks, , my OESD and my flush should all be good.
Don't contrive situations in which you think you made an arguably correct play: your "they were all limping" read and your "he raises to 15 with anything" reads are not worth much and possibly defense mechanisms.In hand 1 you clearly need to protect on the flop. Thinking "if i bet, they'll KNOW i have the straight" is illogical.The push in hand 2 is very bad and should get an instacall from a better hand.
Don't contrive situations in which you think you made an arguably correct play: your "they were all limping" read and your "he raises to 15 with anything" reads are not worth much and possibly defense mechanisms.In hand 1 you clearly need to protect on the flop. Thinking "if i bet, they'll KNOW i have the straight" is illogical.The push in hand 2 is very bad and should get an instacall from a better hand.
no no, way off. Hand 1 and Hand 2 were completely different tables.Hand 1, I wanted to give someone a chance to pick up something on the turn. its rainbow, i'm sitting there with the nuts.The push on hand 2, was FIV, with FE and 17 outs
Hand 1, I wanted to give someone a chance to pick up something on the turn. its rainbow, i'm sitting there with the nuts.
bet the flop
The push on hand 2, was FIV, with FE and 17 outs
it's unclear how many outs you have. He could have bigger spades or a made straight or a set of jacks or KQ...You're contriving a scenario to justify your move. Stop it.
bet the flopit's unclear how many outs you have. He could have bigger spades or a made straight or a set of jacks or KQ...You're contriving a scenario to justify your move. Stop it.
are you a troll?

hand 2 i open shovel the flop (but against your read on villain, i c/r shovel sometimes too), hand 1 i play the same. but i play nl REALLY weird, just fyi. :club:

hand 2 i open shovel the flop (but against your read on villain, i c/r shovel sometimes too), hand 1 i play the same. but i play nl REALLY weird, just fyi. :club:
this isnt a tournament...not that that's a really good tournament play either....but i'll take your word that you play nl really weird.hand 1, meh...I like leading this flop in weak live games...it's the best way to build a pot, and that flop is normally an action flop to an extent so I def. can see something going on the flop. I really dislike checking, cause then if it's bet, you have to raise...and a c/r on that board screams a lot of strength. I'd prefer a lead on flop, and depending on who calls you, decide if you can go for a check/raise on the turn, or continue to lead. Leading really throws people off though, that's why I like it.hand 2, just depends on your opponent... i think you get called here fairly often though, so hit an out.wow that was in depth analysis.- Jordan

Hand 1: I bet the flop all day long. Although on a really agg table I will check here occassionally. Even leading the flop on an agg table is a good move because you can easily be raised. I think checking on a table full of limpers is a mistake most times.Hand 2: Raise the flop to say $60 and then call a push you probably have at least 13 clean outs and bd flush draw. Your route is pretty spewish imo. As played I think you need to c/c the turn based on ur flop action.

bet the flopit's unclear how many outs you have. He could have bigger spades or a made straight or a set of jacks or KQ...You're contriving a scenario to justify your move. Stop it.
Hand 2:. I think you're giving WAY to much credit to a live player raising and continuation betting, especially if he raises habitually with nothing/weak hands. WITH OP's read this is fine, we have so many outs and we can get some better hands to potentially lay down. If he calls off his stack with weak hands then maybe a different story.Hand 1: Bet flop. C/r=immense strength, people will fold their TP garbage kickers and such. Potting flop=called by TP, people with second pair and gutshot to the straight, etc...Someone had to have hit this flop and youll probably get at least one call.

I think you've attacked the big issue here in that you're back to aggressive self. I'd try to bet and raise the flop on both of these hands. *shrug*

My 2 cents:Hand 1 - You should bet the flop small (even 1/3 of the pot small) to gage interest and to get a bigger pot going. You're not trying to protect your hand, you just want a bigger pot built. On the turn, I hate pushing. Unless one of them has a club draw or 2 pair/set (wouldn't they bet the flop with 2 pair or a set?) then they're all drawing dead. I don't like shoveling to scare them off. It looks like MP2 is coming along regardless, now figure out how to get a few more chips from MP1 before the hand is over.Hand 2 - If someone has AQ, you're likely getting instacalled there because your line makes no sense. Yeah, you've got a lot of outs, if they're not holding K9 or AK. I just don't like open pushing the turn in the hand. Even without the FD, I'd rather see you CR the flop than open push a totally harmless turn card.

Hand one. I always stimulate betting when I flop the nuts. I just never see the sense in slowplaying anything, except maybe flopped quads. Seriously, what good is having a good hand when there's no money in the pot? If it folds around ... oh well. The nuts with no actionable villain hands is essentially a useless situation. Get over it and move to the next hand. More hands = more opportunities to make $ if we are better than our opponents, right? Hand two -- if the villain raises to $15 with junk, how can you put him on AQ here? (I guess I don't define AQ as junk). This is one of those situations that, if you had flopped the OESD/FD with a pair, I'd feel great about it. Here, you have to catch lightning in one card. I don't like it. I think a little overbet of the pot is a good move here. Start filling it, but frankly, I think you're still drawing, so don't commit yourself with only one card to come. EDIT: obviously, I don't necessarily agree that your jacks are good.

I pretty much agree with the bet on Hand 1 on the flop. I shoulda stated this was a pretty aggro table which was weird that it was limped. That said, i was too excited to see this many players in a pot when i flopped the nuts to realize i shoulda ledhand 2. i was prepared to go bust there with a big draw. I had been at 160 for 4 hours, and felt this was my best chance for a double up.

hand 2. i was prepared to go bust there with a big draw. I had been at 160 for 4 hours, and felt this was my best chance for a double up.
OK, I'm totally cool with that. We all make these decisions from time to time. I don't know that they're +EV over the long haul. I will say that when I sealed up this kind of discipline problem, I closed a leak in my game.
I pretty much agree with the bet on Hand 1 on the flop. I shoulda stated this was a pretty aggro table which was weird that it was limped. That said, i was too excited to see this many players in a pot when i flopped the nuts to realize i shoulda ledhand 2. i was prepared to go bust there with a big draw. I had been at 160 for 4 hours, and felt this was my best chance for a double up.
Why should you play it differently just because you've been at the table for so long?Also, if you feel like you need to take this kind of risk to log a winning session, maybe consider switching tables?

Hand 1 is good, because he does not have a full house. There is no way anyone would check this flop with 2 pair of a set. He likely has A 8 or something. Hand 2 this guy seems like a calling station. If you think he has A Q, you have like 15 outs once, making you about a 2 to 1 dog or so. I would just call and see the river before you go committing all kinds of chips on a draw. You'll probably get paid if you hit anyways.

Why should you play it differently just because you've been at the table for so long?Also, if you feel like you need to take this kind of risk to log a winning session, maybe consider switching tables?
sometimes it happens when ur playing live all week long and then all day/night long, and u "make action" for yourself. its a leak. i'm fixing
Hand 1 is good, because he does not have a full house. There is no way anyone would check this flop with 2 pair of a set. He likely has A 8 or something.
my thoughts exactly