Overtime And Hunger

Just curious as to what hockey players eat if anything in between periods?When the game goes past midnight and you have to play 7 periods, hunger must set in..I would an energy shake or maybe a banana would help...

In 04 the Canucks actually ordered pizza to eat between the 2nd and 3rd ot in game 6 vs Calgary. It worked cuz Morrison scored after the break. Ussually powerbars and fruit are on the menu though.

Just curious as to what hockey players eat if anything in between periods?When the game goes past midnight and you have to play 7 periods, hunger must set in..I would an energy shake or maybe a banana would help...
I've only gone to triple myself but it was never anything heavy. Oranges, Banana's and lots of Gatorade.

When I have to stay up until 3 AM to watch a playoff game, I usually make myself melted cheese on crackers in between the 2nd and 3rd OT. I find it keeps me mentally sharp and is also beneficial to the vocal cords so I am in prime shape when my team eventually scores.

They asked a coach or a player on CBC during the long overtime between the nucks and stars and he said they eat oranges and maybe a bagel with some peanut butter. peanut butter is pure energy baby.

I've never eaten anything in the middle of a hockey game before, but oranges were always served at halftime in soccer games when I was a kid.

When I have to stay up until 3 AM to watch a playoff game, I usually make myself melted cheese on crackers in between the 2nd and 3rd OT. I find it keeps me mentally sharp and is also beneficial to the vocal cords so I am in prime shape when my team eventually scores.
very funny