I Can't Find An Answer :(

I've looked everywhere and keep getting mixed information...I want to play online on Pokerstars, really badly, I live in Australia and i DON'T have a credit card..How should I deposit anyone? I thought a prepaid mastercard gift card could work, but alas it has failed. I just want to play like micro-stakes, 0.1/0.2, but I can't get any freaking money on the site..someone ship me $2 on stars please? haha

since when dont the yellow (is that the color) credit cards from wallgreens work? (wallgreens in australia?? im guessing no :club: )and i was told giftcards.com works too. dont quote me on it though

Get a mastercard debit credit card thingo. It does basically everything a credit card can except you have to have the money on your card already (basically, no credit).It's really easy.If you are actually under 18 and don't want to admit it, you can do a bank wire transfer. You need a debit card for this, and you're account also needs to be set up to transfer funds internationally (unless you've done it before, it probably wont be. you need to go to your local bank branch and fill out some forms i think to authorize international transactions). Then once thats done, log on your internet banking site and transfer away.

I am 18 and I have a mastercard debit card on it's way (ordered one last week). I think I will use it, but I am still a little nervous (being young and not having much money)- would it be better to create a side-account on the card, put a certain amount in there (whatever I wanted to deposit) and then use that account to deposit?Thanks for everyones help btw :club:

I am 18 and I have a mastercard debit card on it's way (ordered one last week). I think I will use it, but I am still a little nervous (being young and not having much money)- would it be better to create a side-account on the card, put a certain amount in there (whatever I wanted to deposit) and then use that account to deposit?Thanks for everyones help btw :club:
cant really do any harm.. do whatever makes you more comfortable, although its all secure as heck and you shouldnt really have to worry about it
Can't you just use neteller in aus? Or something similar?
I think I can. I'm more or less trying to keep it on the hush from my parents but, and I dunno netteller weirds me out..I'm stupid I know, I think the debitcard option is looking the way to go for me...I just wanna be able to bust out with FCP I've been on this site for ages but never been able to play real money so hopefully that can change soon

I recently started playing online (I'm in Aus too) and have a thread about this in the "online poker" section.I used Neteller to transfer funds and I haven't had a single problem yet. I highly recommend it. I'm not playing at Pokerstars, but I assume you can use Neteller there.If you do decide to use it, when it asks for passport ID, you can enter your driver's licence number.

Once u get a visa debit card u will have no problem. Whats your stars name, I'll send u $2, Good luck mate.
stars name is therescav, you don't have to but i was just mucking round :club:. But if you do thanks a lot.'mate' = your an aussie? Do you use a visa debit card also?
I recently started playing online (I'm in Aus too) and have a thread about this in the "online poker" section.I used Neteller to transfer funds and I haven't had a single problem yet. I highly recommend it. I'm not playing at Pokerstars, but I assume you can use Neteller there.If you do decide to use it, when it asks for passport ID, you can enter your driver's licence number.
Yeah I'll look into netteller soon, seems to be the way a lot of people are going.
stars name is therescav, you don't have to but i was just mucking round :club:. But if you do thanks a lot.'mate' = your an aussie? Do you use a visa debit card also?
I use online banking to transfer money straight from my account into my neteller account.

Yep i'm in Sydney. I have a visa debit card and only use that account for poker. U can get prepaid visa cards from ANZ, $25, $50 and $100 + $6 fee i think. I just opened stars i was playing at party. Just waiting for a software update, my connection is pretty slow, and i'll send you $2. Have fun, good luck.

Done, it said can take time for approval. hopefully you can have a game soon.
Thanks a lot dude, very nice of you and I really appreciate it...if I can do anything with it, I'll send you your stake back :club: