chicago live fcp precursor

some fellow wrote a thread on getting some of ust together to play at an Indian reservation, which would be cool.short of that kind of coordination, i think local games consisting of FCPers would be viable.It seems that a lot of guys from Chicago are here, so maybe we could get a home game going sometime in the next week or so. i am in hyde park, near the University of chicagao. if any of you other guys are interested or want to volunteer a time and place, please respond, and if there is enough interest, I can set up an email account for the purposes of phone numbers and locations.-Chicago

Sounds like fun...I am in the Norcross/Atlanta area...I know there are a few Atlanta based people on here...and maybe we can get Josh to show up if he is in town... 8)

I would play if you allowed a 16 year old in. I live in Naperville, the number one place in the nation to raise a family :wink: ...my ass.

some fellow wrote a thread on getting some of ust together to play at an Indian reservation, which would be cool.short of that kind of coordination, i think local games consisting of FCPers would be viable.It seems that a lot of guys from Chicago are here, so maybe we could get a home game going sometime in the next week or so. i am in hyde park, near the University of chicagao. if any of you other guys are interested or want to volunteer a time and place, please respond, and if there is enough interest, I can set up an email account for the purposes of phone numbers and locations.-Chicago
I'm in. I live in the Wicker Park/Bucktown area and have a home game every week. I've tried to get a few people from this forum to my games, but it hasn't really worked out yet, but I'm willing to try, try again. PM me with any more details.BenP.S. I have a table, chips, KEM cards and a decent place to play.
I'm also in Chicago near the U of C area. I'd definitely playrazor, are you a U of C student?
why yes, yes i am. i am in regents park on 51st. you?also, we should probably decide now if we are gonna do cash or tournaments. I guess cash would be easiest (limit or no limit?) and we will probably end up playing just hold-em. however, if other people prefer tournaments, i think that could be a lot of fun. I guess the ideal amount of people would matter on who volunteers a location. If we have to play in the Hyde Park area, we could see if Shoreland would let us play in Al Capone's old card room (fyi to non-u of c kids, al capone used to own a hotel on lake michigan that is now a university of chicago dorm). That would be really cool. I can go there tonight and see if it is still open. i know it was at the beginning of the year.focus cash or tourmanments? limit or no limit? holdem or variety? location volunteer? I think wicker park would be excellent. we could play in afternoon (host willing) and go out for drinks or something afterword.
I'm also in Chicago near the U of C area. I'd definitely playrazor, are you a U of C student?
why yes, yes i am. i am in regents park on 51st. you?also, we should probably decide now if we are gonna do cash or tournaments. I guess cash would be easiest (limit or no limit?) and we will probably end up playing just hold-em. however, if other people prefer tournaments, i think that could be a lot of fun. I guess the ideal amount of people would matter on who volunteers a location. If we have to play in the Hyde Park area, we could see if Shoreland would let us play in Al Capone's old card room (fyi to non-u of c kids, al capone used to own a hotel on lake michigan that is now a university of chicago dorm). That would be really cool. I can go there tonight and see if it is still open. i know it was at the beginning of the year.focus cash or tourmanments? limit or no limit? holdem or variety? location volunteer? I think wicker park would be excellent. we could play in afternoon (host willing) and go out for drinks or something afterword.
razor - yeah im a fourth year econ student. I live around 54th and blackstone. Do you play at the weekly tournaments at Pierce?Wicker park works for me, as does Hyde Park. Limit, no limit, or tournaments, im down for anthing, depending on the stakes.
Drinks at the Cove? Or maybe Jimmy's? F*ck it let's go to Ida Noyes. I lived in the Shoreland my first two years at UC. Fallers 321 baby! Anyways, I'm in Seattle now, so I probably can't make it. We used to play in the lounge on the 3rd floor at Shoreland and it worked out pretty well. As a side note, do they still let you roll kegs into Shoreland, so you don't have to go to the seedy local bars?

booface-all my friends are fourth year econ students. you probably are one of them, or at the very least know them.Prashant, Srikant, Ed, Dave S., Philo? is that you? I was a ra.cist at heart, but as fate would have it, all of my buddies are minorities. Ah, alcohol. Bringing the world together and erasing prejudice.and yes, they still let minors carry in mass amounts of beer and spirits into the shoreland. I assumed you were a bj boy like tucker.

Well if you guys would like some deadmoney at the table.. depending when it is I could probobly head down... Limit, No-Limit... Tournament Style... Ring Game? LoL it'd be very cool if I could get down there but that won't be an option until later next month.

I assumed you were a bj boy like tucker.
Nope, not a Burton Judsonite, although I did live in Regents for a summer after graduating. Pretty nice place, but quite a ways from campus. Has to be rough in the winter!Tucker and I worked for the IM department and refereed together. He actually made a huge call in our team's favor (player eligibility game forfeit issue (we had an illegal player)) against his own fraternity's team! His fraternity (DU) was not happy. :)I was also an econ guy and played baseball there too. Go Maroons!