PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 ($47.20)MP2 ($43.20)CO ($64.10)Button ($46.15)SB ($59.50)BB ($50.75)Hero ($93)UTG+1 ($117.70)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7heart.gif, 7spade.gif. Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, 1 fold, Button calls $0.50, 1 fold, BB checks.Flop: ($2.25) 3diamond.gif, Jdiamond.gif, 7club.gif(4 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.5, MP2 folds, Button calls $1.50, BB folds.Turn: ($5.25) 3heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $4, Button calls $4.River: ($13.25) Tdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero ???I'm playing at work and not paying too much attention, so a) I have no reads, and b) I probably have a TAG, ABC image. My first instinct is that he does not have the flush but is calling me down with a Jack.

My first instinct is that he does not have the flush but is calling me down with a Jack.
That's what I was thinking too, especially since he called a near potsized bet on the turn. Though the limp preflop makes me think he might have J 10. You could argue that a check would make it appear to him as if you were afraid of the flush, then he would bet his top two, then you could shove and stack him, but that only works if all of the stated things are true. Plus I think he would raise with J 10 anyways.Therefore, I like a $11 bet here, and if he raises, great, he probably has J 10. I think he will check behind more often, and flat call more often, so I vote bet it.

I have been overbetting of late in situations like this. The logic being that players seem to be calling with the flush, two pair, etc regardless of bet size.In there minds they have decided that they are calling and they don't really stop to think about the bet size.

If you check/raise, you should only be called by a house or big flush. Additionally, he may just check a jack. I agree that the best bet is $10-15 and hope you get raised. If you're feeling "sneaky", you could weak lead it to look as if you're scared of the flush (and he might just raise you regardless of whether he has it).