did i play this right??

Ok so I'm playing in the $5,500 Guarentee on Royal Vegas Poker. There are 34 people left and I'm roughly 7th in chips with 13,000. Blinds are at 300-600 and I have 99 in middle-late position. I raise from 600 to 2400 and the chip leader calls me. He has been playing ace, anything no matter what the raise was and he was calling bets looking for that ace. So it's just me and him and flop comes 3 :club: , 7 :D , 8 :D . There is 7,000 in the pot and I pushed all in for about 10,000. He called me with his flush draw and naturally he hit it to bust me out in 34th.What would you guys have done?

I like the idea of betting big to force out the flush, which would have worked against a semi-intelligent player. However, if he was the only caller on the flop, there's a chance he was holding an overpair against you (he already has the isolation he needs). But I think he should have reraised preflop to try and get everything in preflop if he was holding that kind of pair.I think you played it alright, and he played it poorly. By the way, try not to post results along with the play---tends to cloud everyone's judgment.Edit: My grammar and spelling suck.

This is similar to the 'stop and go' strategy we are discussing in another thread.Im not liking the flop on this one - possible flush draw, possible straight draw (this is a great flop for someone playing suited connectors). If it was a little more raggedy, Id push. In this case, Id put out a feeler bet.Too many hands beat you, or have a good chance to beat you.FlushStraightOvercardsOverpairsI like putting my money, especially a stack the size of yours, in stronger situations.Dev

I agree with the idea of pushing with this hand, but you're almost guaranteed to get a call.You can't raise 99, and then fold it to undercards, even with all those drawsThe draws will win about 1/2 the time, and you'll win about 1/2 the timeNot playing 99 is bad, and surrendering 99 is bad.I encourage the call with two overcards after the flop btw, I'll be a 2-1 fav

well assuming you had two red nines he has 12 outs or roughly 48% chance to win so his call isn't terrible probably the right play with the money that is in the pot, so will say to wait for a better time to get all in, i don't like a feeler bet because with 7k in the pot your feeler bet is going to have be atleast 3k and now you have stuck half you chips in the pot so if your going to bet i don't think moving all in was a bad play, and most players don't like to draw for there tourament life. one play that does work but is tricky in this spot cause of the pot size is the feeler bet on the flop and then if his flush misses on the turn then pushing in, cause even most low stakes players hate only having one card to come but are fine drawing with two to come. This gets tricky however with 99 because of over card hitting on turn. I know one buddy who is successful likes to just keep it cheap if there is a draw out there in tournaments and then get off of it if it hits, he thoughts are sure i price them into it but they are going to draw anyway this way i dont' go broke if it hits. Lots of different ways to play that spot.

This is similar to the 'stop and go' strategy we are discussing in another thread.Im not liking the flop on this one - possible flush draw, possible straight draw (this is a great flop for someone playing suited connectors). If it was a little more raggedy, Id push. In this case, Id put out a feeler bet.Too many hands beat you, or have a good chance to beat you.FlushStraightOvercardsOverpairsI like putting my money, especially a stack the size of yours, in stronger situations.Dev
Alright then what would you have done on the flop? check/fold? lol
Ok so I'm playing in the $5,500 Guarentee on Royal Vegas Poker. There are 34 people left and I'm roughly 7th in chips with 13,000. Blinds are at 300-600 and I have 99 in middle-late position. I raise from 600 to 2400 and the chip leader calls me. He has been playing ace, anything no matter what the raise was and he was calling bets looking for that ace. So it's just me and him and flop comes 3 :club: , 7 :D , 8 :D . There is 7,000 in the pot and I pushed all in for about 10,000. He called me with his flush draw and naturally he hit it to bust me out in 34th.What would you guys have done?
I would have busted out in 34th
I would have busted out in 34th
Me to