Official Miami Dolphins 2007-2008 Thread

wow dolphins cut Zach Thomas. and they have no intention to try and re-sign him for less apparently.i am not surprised they wouldnt pay him his huge cap number (over 5 mill) but I am surprised they didnt try to keep him for less before cutting him outright. Sources say he might retire and would only sign with a team he thought he could win a super bowl with. (sadly, I think the Patriots will try to sign him....they need LB help and they love taking Dolphins.....I could see Green Bay or San Diego as possibilities too.)
Not too upset with the cut. He WAS one of their best defensive players, but has gone down hill lately.Good luck to him with whatever he does.
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow dolphins cut Zach Thomas. and they have no intention to try and re-sign him for less apparently.
Parcells is a guy who will want to keep a Jason Taylor and get rid of a Zach Thomas. I don't think he will be trading away Taylor.
  • 2 weeks later...

So, the Phins seem to be activeSigning Smiley a RG from the Niners,Ernest Willford from the Jags, which is a little puzzling, but hey, what do I know? I'll support this regime, what do I have to lose?

So, the Phins seem to be activeSigning Smiley a RG from the Niners,Ernest Willford from the Jags, which is a little puzzling, but hey, what do I know? I'll support this regime, what do I have to lose?
Bad hands, poor route runner. Nice start Parcells!!!
I think it is a smart approach. Sign a bunch of guys you think can contribute. No big signings. Try to build an overall talent base.Actually, the wilford signing is the one I dont like. Too much money for a guy with no track record. And I remember that ball he dropped against Miami in college. I like the Ferguson trade, the smiley signing and the torbor signing. Pace is ok....again overpaid a good amount but he can rush the passer.'They need to save some money now....maybe sign a safety at a reasonable price.....and then they need to have an amazing draft. Lots of picks in the first day....make them count.
and then Parcells came and out and quashed it. very odd. I see the Fins did not end up signing Calvin Pace. Just as well. I really wish they had made a big signing for their secondary. When Will Allen is your best DB you need help......interesting note from John Clayton about the team getting younger:Miami Dolphins: Bill Parcells and the Dolphins have been one of the league's more aggressive teams. They've signed seven unrestricted free agents and traded for nose tackle Jason Ferguson. The biggest thing the Dolphins did is get younger. They released five veterans whose average age was 34.2. Those aging vets were replaced by seven free agents whose average age is 26.7. The additions of Ferguson and defensive tackle Randy Starks probably mean the Dolphins aren't going to take LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey with the first pick.
  • 1 month later...

The Dolphins are officially in contract negotiations with Jake Long.I think he is their first choice. But no matter who they are picking (Jake Long, Chris Long, or Gholston) Parcells will have them signed before the draft starts.

• 2 weeks later...
it's long, and for less money than Russell last year. I think we get active now. Lots picks
shopping taylor now. probably hope for the Jags 1st rounder (#26). They desperately need a pass rusher.Then the fins could get a QB (Flacco/Brohm/Henne) AND a defensive back (Kenny phillips/Aqib Talib/whoever) to go with Jake Long. THAT would be a great start to the draft. Let us cross our fingers.

An interesting draft. I loved the first two picks. Pick up a "sure-thing" (tell that to Mandarich) tackle and a DE who fits the 3-4 system perfectly and fell mostly due to a very un-serious injury.Third round pick I dont love but mostly because I know nothing about football players from Hampton. Word is he is another DE who fits well in the 3-4....I still dont like taking two DE's in a row. I would have rather seen them pick Godfrey from Iowa or Early Doucet from LSU. Our WR corps and our DB corps are both god awful. I dont feel like we addressed the secondary at all which is disappointing since the Dolphins have one legit NFL corner and no legit NFL safeties imo.I like the two guard picks later on and I really like the DT we got in the 7th. Overall, I give the draft a B. If it really ends up being a "B" draft that would be our best draft in eons so kudos to the Cowboy 3.