Wpt Foxwoods *update Thread*

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks ---Daniel's currently getting a massage, the day just started and play should be slow for a couple of hours. Updates here and on TexasHoldem.com ~~

JC was rockin' out to his Ipod when he walked in, seemingly in good spirits!Edit: Will take a lap to get "big names" in a moment --- have to take care of some administrative stuff first :club:

Notables in today's field include Barry Greenstein, Daniel Negreanu, Bill Edler, Paul McCaffrey, David Williams, Marc Seif, JC Alvarado, Evelyn Ng, Sean McCabe, Robert Varkonyi, Tuan Le, Cyndi Violette... and more....Daniel's down to like $17k or something, must have lost a few small pots.

Daniel's table broke and he got moved to Erick Lindgren's table!JC Alvarado has Marc Seif and David Williams on his left.Upon Daniel's entrance, E-Dog remarked, "You ask for something to come true day in and day out and it finally did!"

People are piling in late, I've updated notables on the website.
JC Alvarado is right around the starting stack; there's not much room to maneuver as he's at a tough table with Marc Seif, David Williams, and Cyndi VioletteNo word on the payout yet, it should be announced later today. Registration was open until pretty late last night, but I think there were a total of 409 entrants. If you do the math, that means first place will be slightly over $1,000,000

Negreanu raises to $250 from under the gun and the player in the cutoff seat calls, as does Mimi Tran in the big blind. The flop comes 5s-Ts-9c. All players check to the cutoff, who bets $750. Tran and Negreanu both call. The turn is the 8h, Tran checks, Negreanu bets $2500, the cutoff seat folds, and Tran raises enough to put Daniel all-in. He exclaims, "You made it! I make two pair you make a straight! Take it down!" Daniel Folds his hand and is down to about $11,800.

Negreanu raises to $250 from under the gun and the player in the cutoff seat calls, as does Mimi Tran in the big blind. The flop comes 5s-Ts-9c. All players check to the cutoff, who bets $750. Tran and Negreanu both call. The turn is the 8h, Tran checks, Negreanu bets $2500, the cutoff seat folds, and Tran raises enough to put Daniel all-in. He exclaims, "You made it! I make two pair you make a straight! Take it down!" Daniel Folds his hand and is down to about $11,800.
arrrrgh. tough luck.

lmfao @ barry greenstein being there. He went from Reno, to Monte Carlo, must have busted real early, and flew down to Foxwoods and is playing there....goddam man, hes spent more time on planes that at the poker table in the last few days!

Daniel raises to 550 in the cutoff seat with one limper in early position. The limper and the button called. The flop came 5d-3h-Ah. Negreanu bet $1000 and both players called. The turn was the 6c. He bet $1775 and the button called, limper folds. The river was the Ad. Negreanu checks and the button bets $1000. Negreanu calls. The button shows A9, and Negreanu mucks, claiming A8, and A9 just slightly outkicked him.DN is left with $9000

I don't think he's gonna make it to day 2. He's on a bad streak.
Joe Cassidy busts with DN's favorite hand, T7, after flopping top two pair against his opponent's set :club:
I don't think he's gonna make it to day 2. He's on a bad streak.
read on pokerwire that they'll be using the green deck for levels 3 and 4. So if he can just hang on till then he should be fine.