• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

got an email for Leafs playoff tickets 'early' buy. Clicked on link, single seats for Game 1, upper level, 7 rows from the top...$345! First level at the back....$525!

I saw an NHL game 5 nights ago for $25usd, 7 rows from the ice.

got an email for Leafs playoff tickets 'early' buy. Clicked on link, single seats for Game 1, upper level, 7 rows from the top...$345! First level at the back....$525!

I saw an NHL game 5 nights ago for $25usd, 7 rows from the ice.

Crazy eh. I know I will not be paying

Fly down to DC. See game 2 and spend a weekend there. Save some money too

The cousins thought I was coming down for sure. I can't do it. No time

• 3 weeks later...

Does it really matter all that much for the Avs this draft year?

consensus is that there aren't any franchise players but there is a distinct 1-2 and then 3 through maybe 9 or 10.

I kept seeing that "Oilers crowd sings the anthem" news on twitter, but had not really watched it til now. I knew I would enjoy it, love things like that, but holy cow, I had no idea it was the AMERICAN anthem that the Edmonton crowd sang and sang so well. Come on, is this the greatest country in the world or what?!?!

I feel so lucky to live here.

that reminds me of another story I heard recently. I met a young girl from Mexico who is here visiting family, and she was talking about moving here once her studies are done in Mexico. And I recalled how she had mentioned earlier how she could not believe how cold it was in April/May. And I asked, but what about the weather? She said she loves her country and she could work there, but she was on the subway system in Toronto, just reading her map and trying to figure out the map, when stranger after stranger kept coming up in all shapes and sizes and colours and whatever, and asked if she needed any help. She said you would never get that in Mexico, and I thought, you probably would not get that in 99% of the world. She said it may be cold but the kindness of people matters above all else. So nice to hear about your own city/country. Again, lucky to live here.

• Like 1

I kept seeing that "Oilers crowd sings the anthem" news on twitter, but had not really watched it til now. I knew I would enjoy it, love things like that, but holy cow, I had no idea it was the AMERICAN anthem that the Edmonton crowd sang and sang so well. Come on, is this the greatest country in the world or what?!?!

that reminds me of another story I heard recently. I met a young girl from Mexico who is here visiting family, and she was talking about moving here once her studies are done in Mexico. And I recalled how she had mentioned earlier how she could not believe how cold it was in April/May. And I asked, but what about the weather? She said she loves her country and she could work there, but she was on the subway system in Toronto, just reading her map and trying to figure out the map, when stranger after stranger kept coming up in all shapes and sizes and colours and whatever, and asked if she needed any help. She said you would never get that in Mexico, and I thought, you probably would not get that in 99% of the world. She said it may be cold but the kindness of people matters above all else. So nice to hear about your own city/country. Again, lucky to live here.

I know some people think that the national anthem should not be sung at sporting events. I always loved it (it should stay) and was also surprised that it was the USA anthem sung in Edmonton.

I remember the first NFL game in Rogers Centre. The singer (a Canadian) butcher the Canadian anthem and all of a sudden the crowd sung it. I remember everyone was looking around and thinking why is she butchering the anthem so they just started singing.

That anthem was so confusing to me. They get a professional country singer and he shows up and then tells the crowd to sing it? I'm like wtf? Why did they get him. Didn't realize until it was over that it was the US anthem. Then I guess they said the mic wasn't working? Seemed like it was for tv, but possibly not in the rink. So good save, I guess?

But once I realized it was the US anthem, I was impressed either way.

I know some people think that the national anthem should not be sung at sporting events. I always loved it (it should stay) and was also surprised that it was the USA anthem sung in Edmonton.

I remember the first NFL game in Rogers Centre. The singer (a Canadian) butcher the Canadian anthem and all of a sudden the crowd sung it. I remember everyone was looking around and thinking why is she butchering the anthem so they just started singing.

I'm one of those people who doesn't think national anthems should have any place at certain sporting events.

Stranger help scale should be adjusted for attractiveness and boob size. just sayin

I'm one of those people who doesn't think national anthems should have any place at certain sporting events.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum in that I think the anthem should be replaced with the crowd reciting the Pledge of Allegiance at USA sporting events.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum in that I think the anthem should be replaced with the crowd reciting the Pledge of Allegiance at USA sporting events.

And the Lord's prayer...can't leave that out.