Speaking of pocket cowboys I played a hand the other night that really pi$$ed me off.Just wondering if I could have played it any different. UTG look down at KK....raise 3x BB (standard raise in the game)....get 2 callers......flop Ks 5c 6c......I bet about the size of the pot.....get 1 caller.....turn 2d....after some thought(I'm thinking hes on a club draw, cuz he called pretty quickly on the flop) I go all in for almost all his chips....he thinks for a sec. and calls....shows me 34c......ouch!!! I didnt even consider the str8 draw....I've been replaying this hand in my mind, and cant help but think I was just doomed from the beginning......damn, that 2 looked like such a blank at the time!! any thoughts/comments??P.S. River was a blank.....Jd

is it bad to be 1-15 with pocket kings?
This has to be due to short term variance. The only other way you could create numbers like that is by intentionally folding when your ahead and going to the showdown when you know your beat. Even if you slowplay your Kings, you still shouldnt get number like that.Just hang in there. Those number will improve.
is it bad to be 1-15 with pocket kings?
This has to be due to short term variance. The only other way you could create numbers like that is by intentionally folding when your ahead and going to the showdown when you know your beat. Even if you slowplay your Kings, you still shouldnt get number like that.Just hang in there. Those number will improve.
that or checking flops to let some idiot catch running jacks... seriously, of the two hands you posted you should have won one. So your numbers should be more like 8-15, which isnt that bad.

The runner-runner J wunderkind would've stuck around to the river, regardless. He had 4 to the flush after the flop (his J was sooooted, after all). That said, you still have to bet that flop with KK. Slow down to a CR. Though, anyone checkraising an A on that board is suffering from a severe bout of FPS.Ignore the advice above if your pattern mapper tells you to ditch. :club:

No one has any comments for me about the hand I described??!! C'mon, guys please.....this is one I just cant get out of my head....Would love to hear your thoughts on it. (See a few posts up)....heres another thought from me about it....I didnt think he would call a PF raise with a 34, so it was hard for me to put him on a str8.....I dont know....I guess I shouldve been more cautious with it, but I didnt want another club to fall, and like I said.....that damn 2 looked so harmless!!....ughhhhh.......god I love this game :!:

No one has any comments for me about the hand I described??!! C'mon, guys please.....this is one I just cant get out of my head....Would love to hear your thoughts on it. (See a few posts up)....heres another thought from me about it....I didnt think he would call a PF raise with a 34, so it was hard for me to put him on a str8.....I dont know....I guess I shouldve been more cautious with it, but I didnt want another club to fall, and like I said.....that damn 2 looked so harmless!!....ughhhhh.......god I love this game :!:
well, you didnt provide table stakes, stack sizes, player reads, # of players at the table, # of players who called your PF raise, or a variety of other crucial details, but from what i can see: tough luck. you go broke every time there.
well, you didnt provide table stakes, stack sizes, player reads, # of players at the table, # of players who called your PF raise, or a variety of other crucial details, but from what i can see: tough luck. you go broke every time there.
I provided most of that info in my 1st post, but here goes.....We were playing $20 a guy....6 players....we were down to 4 handed(blinds r 2/4 no ante)... when this hand came up(I was in 2nd chip position just below my friend in SB)......UTG I look down at KK..... raised to 3x BB....dealer folded, SB called, BB folded.....flop came Ks 5c 6c.....SB checks....I bet about the size of the pot....he called pretty quickly (right here, I put him on a flush draw-prolly big cards)....turn comes off the 2d....again, he checked....I thought for a sec. and went all-in, thinkin I'd pick up the pot right there (hes the type of player to fold a 4flush in this spot)....he thought for a min. and called.....he turned up 34c....uggghhh.....river came a blank, and he busted me.....I didnt even see that coming.....I've been thinking about this hand since....I guess I had to go broke here, right??? What, if anything, did I do wrong?? comments/suggestions??? Thanx in advance

monday night,playing in a $50 buy in nl holdem tourney...pretty much folded for the first hour..blind structure was really bad so im really shotrstacked and facing large blinds...i pick up kk in late position..guy in front goes all in....what do i do..obviouly i call, and obviously he has aces lol....i had him covered so im crippled but stll in...fold for another 20 minutes,pick up a,j suited go allin...get beat by k 7 os when he pairs his k on the river...played like 3 hands lost lost all 3 ..has never happened to me b4...my confidence is a bit shaken,hopefully i can bounce back....

monday night,playing in a $50 buy in nl holdem tourney...pretty much folded for the first hour..blind structure was really bad so im really shotrstacked and facing large blinds...i pick up kk in late position..guy in front goes all in....what do i do..obviouly i call, and obviously he has aces lol....i had him covered so im crippled but stll in...fold for another 20 minutes,pick up a,j suited  go allin...get beat by k 7 os when he pairs his k on the river...played like 3 hands lost lost all 3 ..has never happened  to me b4...my confidence is a bit shaken,hopefully i can bounce back....
LOL, you played almost as tight as your hero Phil :shock: :club:
monday night,playing in a $50 buy in nl holdem tourney...pretty much folded for the first hour..blind structure was really bad so im really shotrstacked and facing large blinds...i pick up kk in late position..guy in front goes all in....what do i do..obviouly i call, and obviously he has aces lol....i had him covered so im crippled but stll in...fold for another 20 minutes,pick up a,j suited  go allin...get beat by k 7 os when he pairs his k on the river...played like 3 hands lost lost all 3 ..has never happened  to me b4...my confidence is a bit shaken,hopefully i can bounce back....
LOL, you played almost as tight as your hero Phil :shock: :club:
lol im not a very tight player usaully ..the other guys at the table were busting me up as well..i told them not much i can do with 3 8 os...in hindsight, i should have bluffed at some of the blinds, ppl call with any 2 cards at this tourney so i didnt think that was an option..oh well maybe next time