Building Br Right Way=satisfying

I used to just play way out of my BR in MTTs, and I generally ran well and would win a relatively good amout of money in a MTT, cash out most and win another, with an occasional deposit when i did go broke. I kept on doing this, and when i went broke last time i couldnt deposit because of the new laws. I had 12$ left. placed in a 5$ 45 man to get to about 150 and have played within somewhat strict BR restrictions. This was about 2 months ago and now I am almost at 1k, my first goal where i can comfortably play 24+2s on ftp...i want to thank people who responded to my post about 6 weeks ago on this topic. also thanks to cwik for his great spreadsheet!Also, winning this way is alot more satisfying then when I would just randomly cash for 1-2k in a mtt. it really makes u feel like u accomplish something-setting a goal and gettign there!

Hehe I'm in the same boat. After going busto earlier this year from playing out of my limit I got $15 on my account 2 months ago, didnt make much in the first month with the micro mtt's. In the last month however I'm up $450~. It does feel good lol

Best thing I ever did for my game is play within a smart BR. Its been a year since I last deposited and my game has improved immensly because I dont worry about going broke anymore. It does get frustrating when you go on a downswing and you have to wait awhile to get into higher level buy-ins, but discpline is one of the best attributes you can have as a poker player.

if you guys want to rail i am avg stack with 3 tables left in the 7.5k guarenteed noon est on FTP...maybe i will still be able to inject my BR
funny...i'm going through the same situation myself. once it became a little more of a pain to deposit i decided to put myself to a similar test. my online br was down to $80 after going through a little spell of "i'm quitting online" poker and just donking around. so i decided that instead of quitting the online game i decided to force my online br management and about 7 weeks later of playing micro limits i'm at around 875 now (bragpost for chump change). sometimes it is difficult to fight the urge to move up but like a crackhead that says no to the pipe it feels good doesn't it? except for the violent twitching that occurs every once and a while that is. :club: either way - i agree - there is a lot of satisfaction in sticking to a plan which can be boring in the beginning but much more exciting than just reloading whenever.

gg. Good to hear you're taking BR management seriously now, that's the way to win money if you're a winning player. GL. :club: