How Do You Tame A Rich Donkey?

Long time reader, 1st time to post.I’m having a problem with one player in our weekly poker night (one table tournament with a $20 buy-in, followed by a low stakes NL hold-em cash game, blinds are both $1- standard buy-in is $60-$100).There is a new player who is significantly wealthier than any of our players (he says he makes $400,000+ per year) and he plays CRAZY! He truly has no idea about strategy and he goes broke every session/tourney. My problem is that I want more of his money to flow my way and my current strategy of playing rock solid tight against him has worked when I have a great hand or flop the nuts, but good hands do not come around often enough for me to make some real cash against him. His normal play is to raise from any position with any 2 cards. His normal raise during the cash games is to bump it to $20 pre-flop (again we play $1 small and big blinds). If someone makes a normal raise of $5 to $10, he will re-raise to $50. He really takes the play of the game away; as you can’t make any steal attempts and you can only call with a monster hand, which is rare. Any advice of how to play against him, besides playing rock solid wait for the occasional great hand? Again, he does go broke several times during a session, but I want to get my more of my share. He will occasionally limp, but I do not want to invest a limp, only to fold 90% of the time when he does raise, or when someone else thinks that their A,x is good enough to go all-in with.Any ideas are appreciated.

The proper thing to do would be to buy in short and move in on him with hands that you think are best. The kind of hands you'd like are decent aces, like A9 or AT, KQ, most pairs and obviously premium hands. You gotta be prepared to get drawn out on, so have several buyins handy, but if he's playing every hand, he has inferior holdings. Pick a few spots and try and get some money.

Long time reader, 1st time to post.I’m having a problem with one player in our weekly poker night (one table tournament with a $20 buy-in, followed by a low stakes NL hold-em cash game, blinds are both $1- standard buy-in is $60-$100).There is a new player who is significantly wealthier than any of our players (he says he makes $400,000+ per year) and he plays CRAZY! He truly has no idea about strategy and he goes broke every session/tourney. My problem is that I want more of his money to flow my way and my current strategy of playing rock solid tight against him has worked when I have a great hand or flop the nuts, but good hands do not come around often enough for me to make some real cash against him. His normal play is to raise from any position with any 2 cards. His normal raise during the cash games is to bump it to $20 pre-flop (again we play $1 small and big blinds). If someone makes a normal raise of $5 to $10, he will re-raise to $50. He really takes the play of the game away; as you can’t make any steal attempts and you can only call with a monster hand, which is rare. Any advice of how to play against him, besides playing rock solid wait for the occasional great hand? Again, he does go broke several times during a session, but I want to get my more of my share. He will occasionally limp, but I do not want to invest a limp, only to fold 90% of the time when he does raise, or when someone else thinks that their A,x is good enough to go all-in with.Any ideas are appreciated.
Why do you want to tame him? I'd encourage him to run wild. You're going to get paid. Everyone is going to get paid. Don't worry if it's not your night. Acid Knight's strategy is one way to deal with him. Problem is that it turns you into him, a little bit anyway. I'd say get to flops and min-bet-raise/check-raise the snot out of him with any top/second pair. I LOVE aggrodonks at the table. They create crazy/mad/frustrated action. Oh, and play multi-way pots very hard with strong hands, because everyone will be after him -- they'll forget all about you in the hand, and he'll see a big pot and do what he does best: (fill it up).

you can't play post flop with the guy so play preflop, I bet he loves to run the cards over like on TV right? Well you are going to need 1k in your pocket and just push when you think you have the best of it. If you miss peel off a bill and try again.

you can't play post flop with the guy so play preflop, I bet he loves to run the cards over like on TV right? Well you are going to need 1k in your pocket and just push when you think you have the best of it. If you miss peel off a bill and try again.
QFT. Does he call with his rags when full stacks push over him?
QFT. Does he call with his rags when full stacks push over him?
To answer your question, I'l recap 2 of the pots I've played with him.example 1:Flop AKQ rainbowI check raise him all-in for about $60 into about a $125 pot with J,10.He calls with Q,3 off suit.Turn QRiver 3.That sucked!example 2:Flop: KJ6 rainbowI bet, he re-raises, I re-raise all-in with trip JacksHe calls with 5,6 offsuitHe fails to improve and states, "All I needed was another 6"I will try to think about everyone's suggestions, but I'm not 100% set on a new strategy yet.One of the problems with one of the suggestions is that my total bankroll is about $1000, and I do not want to jeopardize 6 months of grinding on the Donk.The question I keep asking myself is, What would the pros do on High Stakes Poker if someone like Bill Gates showed up and started raising every hand to $20,000 - $50,000 preflop? I know the $100,000 buy-in is alot to some players, but not most, so what would they do? I'm still trying to work out a good strategy.Thanks for your help, everyone!
One of the problems with one of the suggestions is that my total bankroll is about $1000, and I do not want to jeopardize 6 months of grinding on the Donk.
OK, so nut up and go after him preflop with strong hands, or stay out of his way.

I can't say this is the optimal strategy for a guy like that but I would keep up with the solid play. I recently starting playing a home game where everyone must love to gamble. I cannot get anyone to lay a hand down at all, so I try to see cheap flops and wait for hands. Your going to have to gamble with him, just do it when you feel ahead. Pretty much any hand Acid_Knight mentioned and I'd probably be ready to look him up. The odds are going to be in your favor and it's been working for me so far in my home game. Just don't get steamed if you take some horrific beats and you should do fine. He'd be my new best friend if I were you :club: