• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monster Josh, your either trying to rile people up or your related to Hellmuth as I can't see any other plausible explanation for your stance on this. Marion if you like money don't buy Play Poker Like the Pros, simple as that. Phil's style will have you playing too few hands and pushing the wrong ones. What you want to do is mix the Jen Harman section from SS2 along with the Sklansky/2+2 style of play if you plan on playing LHE, that's my recomendation
Ditto. SSHE to be exact on the 2+2 style.
Holdem For Advanced Players(HEFAP) also gives you some very important concepts for your play
It's not Phil's play -at all- not in the slightest, greattt player with a great book for us to read.Phil's problem is he can't genuinely humble himself. If he did that he would win a lottt more
Wow you're so wrong. All poker players are cocky. They just don't announce it all the time. It doesn't affect his play. If it did, they'd all be in trouble.
Monster Josh, your either trying to rile people up or your related to Hellmuth as I can't see any other plausible explanation for your stance on this. Marion if you like money don't buy Play Poker Like the Pros, simple as that. Phil's style will have you playing too few hands and pushing the wrong ones. What you want to do is mix the Jen Harman section from SS2 along with the Sklansky/2+2 style of play if you plan on playing LHE, that's my recomendation
Ditto. SSHE to be exact on the 2+2 style.
Holdem For Advanced Players(HEFAP) also gives you some very important concepts for your play
Yeah, for the higher limits... That's one of the few I haven't read yet acutally. But for tourney's I swear by Harrington, until Daniel's comes out. (But of course you need to play your own style a bit)
It's not Phil's play -at all- not in the slightest, greattt player with a great book for us to read.Phil's problem is he can't genuinely humble himself. If he did that he would win a lottt more
can you please rephrase this in the Queen's English so we can understand what you just said

Don't read SuperSystems they're flawed, any of the writers of those books catch you trying to use it they'll bust you up for weeks, they know the flaws too.I suggest sticking to Helmuth's book. You will learn how to play the cards, strictly the cards which is what you wanna learn.Hang in there until I write a book about your "attitude at the table" because that's the most important thing. :wink:

Phil has a list of the top ten starting hands huh? I guess it would be pretty tough to figure out the 10 most profitable hands on your own. Might as well go waste your money on the book, and learn how to struggle in tournaments.1. AA2. KK3. QQ4. JJ5. AKsLOOK. I've never seen the list but that's half of it. And I didn't even charge you! BRILLIANT!

Prime Example : ( Queens English ). when Devin Degraw(I think that's his name) took out Phil in PL Hold Em game in WSOP.Phil made a comment like "I knew he was gonna suck out on me" -when you have that attitude that's what is gonna happen.Sometimes you can be overly confident too, thinking you're so far ahead in this hand you can't lose - then you do.

Prime Example : ( Queens English ). when Devin Degraw(I think that's his name) took out Phil in PL Hold Em game in WSOP.Phil made a comment like "I knew he was gonna suck out on me" -when you have that attitude that's what is gonna happen.Sometimes you can be overly confident too, thinking you're so far ahead in this hand you can't lose - then you do.
Obviously that's a problemBut his style of play allows the suckouts to happen.
or Gavin Griffen
or Gavin Griffen
LMFAO!
Why do you want to understand? It doesn't matter. He's wrong.. . .Anyone else like pie?
naw, I sorta got what he said, but It was a jumbled mess of words and phrases to the extent he was speaking pidgkin english, and I'm not exactly a hound on usingf properly typed english

It's not his style of play that allows the suckouts to happen, I'm 99%certain it's his attitude.An article I'm sure you will find credible http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archive.../negreanu08.htmHere's a quote from it "I was 21, though, and my ego was huge compared to my poker skills, and that's about the worst combination possible. However, my Vegas trip was such a humbling experience that my ego and poker skills eventually became balanced."I am a Christian and I don't believe anything happens by chance, and I've had wrong attitudes at the table and realize the suckouts happen most when my thinking is flawed.

Please stop trying... are you his illegitimate son or something?If you don't realize his play is flawed, then you should really do more research then read a few articles online. Watch him play... he slowplays all day long. That allows suckouts. I'm not discounting his attitude sucking too... it's obvious about that. But there is more to it.

It's not his style of play that allows the suckouts to happen, I'm 99%certain it's his attitude.An article I'm sure you will find credible http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archive.../negreanu08.htmHere's a quote from it "I was 21, though, and my ego was huge compared to my poker skills, and that's about the worst combination possible. However, my Vegas trip was such a humbling experience that my ego and poker skills eventually became balanced."I am a Christian and I don't believe anything happens by chance, and I've had wrong attitudes at the table and realize the suckouts happen most when my thinking is flawed.
You don't believe poker cards are delt randomly? Thats an interesting Christian view to take...